Revenge Of The Nerds Or Police Academy

Which is the better 80's comedy about misfits?

• Revenge Of The Nerds

Votes: 77 49.4%
  • Police Academy

Votes: 79 50.6%

• Total voters

kes1111

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Which 80's comedy about misfits was the best (or your favorite) between the two?

Revenge of the Nerds is a 1984 comedy film satirizing social life on a college campus. The film stars Robert Carradine and Anthony Edwards, with Curtis Armstrong, Ted McGinley, Julia Montgomery, Brian Tochi, Larry B. Scott, Michelle Meyrink, John Goodman, and Donald Gibb. The film was directed by Jeff Kanew.

The film's storyline chronicles of a group of nerds trying to stop harassment by the persecuting jock fraternity, the Alpha Betas. Revenge of the Nerds is #91 on Bravo's "100 Funniest Movies."

Directed by Jeff Kanew
Produced by Ted Field (producer)
Peter Samuelson (producer)
Peter Macgregor-Scott (co-producer)
Screenplay by Jeff Buhai
Miguel Tejada-Flores
Steve Zacharias
Story by Tim Metcalfe
Starring Robert Carradine
Anthony Edwards
Timothy Busfield
Curtis Armstrong
Michelle Meyrink
Brian Tochi
Ted McGinley
Bernie Casey
John Goodman
Music by Thomas Newman
Cinematography King Baggot
Editing by Alan Balsam
Studio Interscope Communications
Distributed by 20th Century Fox
Release date(s) July 20, 1984 (1984-07-20)
Running time 90 minutes
Country United States
Language English
Budget $8 million
Box office $60,400,000

Police Academy is a 1984 comedy film directed by Hugh Wilson, and starring Steve Guttenberg, Kim Cattrall and G.W. Bailey. It grossed approximately $146 million worldwide and spawned six more films in the Police Academy series.
Due to a shortage of Police Officers, the newly-elected female Mayor of an unnamed American city has announced a policy requiring the Police Department to accept all willing recruits, effectively abolishing fitness requirements, educational levels and medical standards. Not everyone in the Police Force is happy about the new changes.

Directed by Hugh Wilson
Produced by Paul Maslansky
Anne Kopelson
Arnold Kopelson
Written by Neal Israel
Pat Proft
Hugh Wilson
Starring Steve Guttenberg
Kim Cattrall
Bubba Smith
David Graf
George Gaynes
Michael Winslow
Music by Robert Folk
Cinematography Michael D. Margulies
Editing by Robert Brown
Zach Staenberg
Studio The Ladd Company
Le Studio Canal+
Regency Enterprises
Alcor Films
Kopelson Entertainment
Distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures
Release date(s) March 23, 1984 (1984-03-23)
Running time 96 minutes
Country United States
Language English
Budget $4,500,000
Box office $81,198,894

Last edited:

J Storm

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
nerds.jpg

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I agree the Nerds sequels were weak. They should do a new Nerds movie for today. Sans the black fagget one though.

there was going to be a remake but Fox decided at the last minute not to go through with it.. a XXX parody IS being made though :lol: (even some of the actors from the Nerds movie co-signed it)

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
I agree the Nerds sequels were weak. They should do a new Nerds movie for today. Sans the black fagget one though.

ROTN 3: The Next Generation was actually kind of funny. Parts 2 and 4 were hot garbage.

That being said, I picked Police Academy.

Kang

Rising Star
Platinum Member
NERDS, NERDS, NERDS, NERDS, NERDS, NERDS, NNNNEEEERRRRDDDDSSSS!!!!!!!!

revenge-of-the-nerds-the-panty-raid-edition-20070308023904482-000.jpg

Tom Slick

The Black HHH
BGOL Investor
Man, Police Academy was superior. Nerds is my shit, but it can't see Tackleberry, Hooks and Mahoney.

mathtest

Rising Star
OG Investor
Man, Police Academy was superior. Nerds is my shit, but it can't see Tackleberry, Hooks and Mahoney.

yeah police academy had better characters and jokes, nerds is a classic tho, ppl sayin part 2 was garbage i liked it as a kid, have to watch again