Richard Pryor on the relationship between Capitalism & Racism

scullydog

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Pryor end up talking about something that was done in Roman society. It was an office created to take the fight out of the plebeians. It was call the Tribune. The office was given to help the plebeians but the person who entered the office aligned themselves with the patricians. So the officer became like the patricians.

Megatron X

A Prophet of Doom
BGOL Investor
That’s the problem with niggaz; always trying change other people. I don’t care about stopping somebody from having a racist mind cause they won’t. You better get a racist to respect not like you.

if Dylan Roof respected those people in that church they wouldn’t be dead cause he wouldn’t have been in there In the first place. You get that respect by empowerment.

I don’t give a fuck about some racist cac or changing his/her mind. That’s niggaz problem always wanting be liked.

if niggaz been fighting for empowerment instead of social acceptance/integration we’d be better off today. Fuck somebody liking me. It would be cool if people can like and respect and it would be mutual with everBody.

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered
That’s the problem with niggaz; always trying change other people. I don’t care about stopping somebody from having a racist mind cause they won’t. You better get a racist to respect not like you.

Compare this month's protests to the 60s. White people are evolving. The young white people of today are indisputably better people than their parents and grandparents.

It is not productive to claim racism can't be fought, especially when, while there is obviously much still to be done, so much has been accomplished in changing or shaping hearts and minds. Education and cultural influence are powerful.

Megatron X

A Prophet of Doom
BGOL Investor
Compare this month's protests to the 60s. White people are evolving. The young white people of today are indisputably better people than their parents and grandparents.

It is not productive to claim racism can't be fought, especially when, while there is obviously much still to be done, so much has been accomplished in changing or shaping hearts and minds. Education and cultural influence are powerful.

you have a slave mind resulting from that integrationist mindset. I’m sure they were saying whites were evolving in the 1960s when it appeared whites were marching alongside blacks. But, some of those same whites became business owners and others stabbed blacks in the back when laws passed.

you with this thing of dreaming whites changing has nothing to do with black empowerment. You don’t want that you want white acceptance.

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered
you have a slave mind resulting from that integrationist mindset. I’m sure they were saying whites were evolving in the 1960s when it appeared whites were marching alongside blacks. But, some of those same whites became business owners and others stabbed blacks in the back when laws passed.

you with this thing of dreaming whites changing has nothing to do with black empowerment. You don’t want that you want white acceptance.

Can you quote what Pryor said that illustrates "the problem with niggaz, always trying change other people"?

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
What rich was talking about was exactly how it played out in his movie "which way is up?" He got out in a position of power and started to act like the greedy executives that put him there. He forgot who his friends were and started treating themike lowly employees.

ORIGINAL NATION

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The bases of racism is truth over falsehood and God over satan. If falsehood masquerades as truth then satan has masqueraded as God. Why would whites lie about our true identity? Why would they lie about our true history? Why is America and Israel pushing their narrative down the throats of the masses worldwide?

354227939-10223136502225847-9054891541826599946-n.jpg

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor

I think the intertwined relationship between capitalism and racism is much like the "dog chasing its tail".

White people argue that "whites really aren't racist at the fault of their own, but due to being controlled by capitalism" a cute way to unload or wipe clean the almost inherent xenophobia and tribalism common among their fellow white people.

Even if everyone was equally poor, whites would still be racist. It's deeper than capitalism. Yes capitalists use race to control (in some cases) but they were already racist to begin with (dog chasing the tale). They came from racist enclaves where being racist was normal, and celebrated even - "Whiteness" comes with an inherent belief of superiority and they just add it their toolbelt later upon arrival.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
Just sharing a few threads on capitalism since I did a search:

You take these trolls too seriously. What capitalistic society doesn’t have a caste system?
[when it's your first time engaging with Costanza]

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
Whites are not capitalist, especially since they rely on terrorism or slavery to acqui goods and services. If you are a resource rich country, they might use their militaries to take your shit.

Capitalism requires that you attract a buyer or seller, not put a nigga in iron chains and beat them to death. Another tool they use is terrorism. Yet when their shit is took they are up in arms.

I just gained my freedom after over a decade, word got out I was forcibly being detained.

Last edited: