Ridley Scott Working On A Gladiator Sequel

GAMETHEORY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
53408552217047008463.jpg

Almost two decades after the original Oscar-winning historical drama hit theaters, Gladiator is coming back to the big screen as Ridley Scott is moving forward with a sequel with Peter Craig ( Top Gun: Maverick ) attached to write, according to Deadline.

The original film, which hit theaters in 2000 and won five Oscars out of its 11 nominations and grossed over $457 million worldwide, followed Roman general Maximus Decimus Meridius (Russell Crowe, The Nice Guys ) who is betrayed by Commodus, the son of Emperor Marcus Aurelius, and framed for Aurelius’ murder by Commodus. Maximus is sent into a life of slavery and fights in the gladiator arena to avenge his slaughtered family and Aurelius.

The first film ended with Maximus successfully killing Commodus, though also being mortally wounded during their fight and dying, joining his family in the afterlife and saving Commodus’ sister and son from her demented brother. The sequel will follow the son, Lucius, following Maximus’ impression and exposure of Commodus’ corruption.

Gladiator was originally produced and distributed by DreamWorks Pictures in the United States and Universal Pictures internationally, but DreamWorks will no longer be involved for the sequel and Paramount Pictures will be producing and distributing the sequel with Universal having the option to co-finance the film.:smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

Scott is well-known for his work on the Alien franchise, including the most recent installment Alien: Covenant , and most recently directed the 2017 crime thriller All the Money in the World based on the J. Paul Getty kidnapping. The 80-year-old director is currently working on the TNT sci-fi series Raised by Wolves, on which he will make his television directorial debut that will shoot in South Africa.

Source : Comingsoon

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
So are they gonna be like oh you passed out cause of dehydration and was hallucinating when you thought you joined your family in the afterlife? They gonna be like the king didn't stab you to deep it was juss a flesh wound

Sequel? How sway?

oskie

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Could have sworn he died and went to hades.

But if it's based on Greek mythology the gods could have sent him back

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Although I loved the film, I want to see a sequel to Ryse Son of Rome on XBOX One more than I want to see a sequel to Gladiator.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
This is cool, Gladiator is up there in my movie ranks. Watched it a few times.

They can't mess up a sequel to this. I'm sure it will be good, especially today and with Scott at the helm again.

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Oh, God...
:crymeariver:
NO!!!!!
With his current track record; whenever Ridley Scott revisits one of his earlier master works like The Alien franchise (Prometheus & Alien: Covenant), he fucking completely DESTROYS it....

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Gladiator is one of my favorite films. Whenever I come across it on television, regardless of where it's at, I'll sit and watch it.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Scott does with the sequel. I'm also looking forward to seeing this on Peacock.

I love this genre.

MCP

International
International Member
Just leave it alone.

No need to spoil it with a crappy sequel.

Remember Ridley Scott and Prometheus? Nuff said.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just leave it alone.

No need to spoil it with a crappy sequel.

Remember Ridley Scott and Prometheus? Nuff said.

Hey I thought Prometheus was profound in that it gave you a glimpse into how trillionaires

That we never hear about..are living out here

Yea there are muthafuckas that been going to space.. well more like the upper stratosphere