Russian banks say they've run out of yuan as Chinese firms pull away from the nation

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor

Russian banks say they've run out of yuan as Chinese firms pull away from the nation​

Jennifer Sor
Sep 6, 2024, 10:18 AM EDT

Save

Read in app

Putin scratching his forehead

Mikhail Svetlov/Getty Images
  • Russia's yuan reserves are nearly depleted due to Chinese banks' fear of US sanctions.
  • Lenders have urged Russia's central bank to address the yuan deficit, causing the ruble to drop.
  • China's hesitance stems from US threats of secondary sanctions over Russia's Ukraine war financing.

Russia's banks have practically emptied their stash of yuan, largely because Chinese financial firms are spooked from doing business with the nation.

Lenders have urged Russia's central bank to address a yuan liquidity shortage in the nation, with insiders saying that access to the Chinese currency was running dry, Reuters reported.

Russia's ruble dropped nearly 5% against the yuan earlier this week, Reuters noted. The drop came shortly after Russia's finance ministry suggested the Central Bank of Russia would shrink its daily yuan sales, with central bankers selling just $200 million a day, down from the $7.3 billion sold daily in the last month.

Sberbank, a large state-owned lender in Russia, told Reuters it could no longer lend in yuan because it had "nothing to cover" the trade.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
That is non issue. They be alright.
I thought that at first, but no, they are not going to be all right. Putin is wasting a lot of resources with Ukraine right now the Russian economy is smoke and mirrors

Last edited:

easy_b

BGOL Investor
So much for that Brics talk....
The brics was based off of the United States backing out of a lot of shit overseas. That’s where Trump came in to play 2016 through 2020 and what threw a little wrench into the operation was Covid. But since shit is not going too well, Russia doesn’t have a Plan B. China is also in the same predicament. Am I in love with the US dollar? No, I am not but I rather fuck with the USD currency than any other currency right now.

Last edited:

easy_b

BGOL Investor

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I laughed way to hard at this… house fire so bad that had smoking mirrors

giphy.gif

@Lexx Diamond

Post of the year nominee

Official new addition to the BGOL lexicon

Smoking Mirrors n.
  1. The practice of a white person obscuring the truth or the embellishment of the truth of a situation with misleading or irrelevant information particularly sourced in deterring any benefits to the black community.
  2. A lie so egregious that not only are the preparator lower garments set aflame but all surrounding objects particularly mirrors which would clearly reflect their deceit are effected by the destructive heat of the offense, in so much that it is incapable of casting a proper reflection forevermore.