Sanaa Lathan 53 Regina Hall 53

An RnB Thug

El Capitan of The LOVE BOAT
Platinum Member

"The actress told journalist Taylor Rooks at this year’s CultureCon, held last weekend inside Brooklyn’s Duggal Greenhouse, why she’s prioritizing investing in herself rather than finding a partner.

“There is this weird obsession with Black women [to] marry,” stated Rooks.

Lathan replied, “We read all these fairy tales—Snow White, Cinderella—…[and] they’re being chosen by a man. That’s when you win when you are chosen by a man. That’s not the truth!”

She declared, “I’ma choose me first.”

She's not anti marriage and she's open too it, but she doesn't feel like she's missing something without it.
Did you actually READ the damn article or you reading headlines only? LOL

"“I want somebody who wants me shining; who is not scared of that; who will be there after the day’s over and actually cares about what’s going on in my life,” she concludes. “And I want to do the same for someone.”

Essence Article -Oct 24, 2020

"she isn't opposed to the idea of getting married one day.I always wanted—and I dream about having—a life partner, but I am completely happy, and I love my freedom,” Lathan candidly shared"

FYI - EVERY woman wants to be claimed, you still ain't figure that out yet?

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
Did you actually READ the damn article or you reading headlines only? LOL

"“I want somebody who wants me shining; who is not scared of that; who will be there after the day’s over and actually cares about what’s going on in my life,” she concludes. “And I want to do the same for someone.”

Essence Article -Oct 24, 2020

"she isn't opposed to the idea of getting married one day. “I always wanted—and I dream about having—a life partner,
but I am completely happy, and I love my freedom,” Lathan candidly shared"

FYI - EVERY woman wants to be claimed, you still ain't figure that out yet?

DID YOU READ WHAT I WROTE?

"She's not anti marriage and she's open too it, but she doesn't feel like she's missing something without it."

I am completely happy, and I love my freedom,” Lathan candidly shared"

She's not going to be one of those, SHUT THE FUCK UP DO WHAT I SAY BE SUBMISSIVE FIX MY DINNER BITCH wives BGOL pines for all the time.

She's one of those, "you better have your shit together, no you can't boss me around, I don't need you" women BGOL hates. By the way, that was 4 years ago, and she's still living her best life.

An like I said, I know several successful women that don't want to be "claimed." That 1950's grandpa logic doesn't work for everyone.

An RnB Thug

El Capitan of The LOVE BOAT
Platinum Member
DID YOU READ WHAT I WROTE?

"She's not anti marriage and she's open too it, but she doesn't feel like she's missing something without it."

She's not going to be one of those, SHUT THE FUCK UP DO WHAT I SAY BE SUBMISSIVE FIX MY DINNER BITCH wives BGOL pines for all the time.

She's one of those, "you better have your shit together, no you can't boss me around, I don't need you" women BGOL hates. By the way, that was 4 years ago, and she's still living her best life.

An like I said, I know several successful women that don't want to be "claimed." That 1950's grandpa logic doesn't work for everyone.
And show me where I said she was?
Never said she was "anti marriage"
Cats create their own narratives :roflmao3:

jackson35

Rising Star
Registered
:lol:

She can get appreciation and respect without getting married.

And sis is out there living her best life. She looks happy to me.

I'll leave it up to her to decide if she wants to be married or not. I won't be so arrogant as to think I know what she wants more than she does.
really? a woman on her level is cool with coming home to a empty house with a dog and gang of bills she has to tackle alone is living her best life? hell even tia mowry admitted she messed up by walking away from her marriage
I won't speak for Regina hall..but when sanaa dated French Montana I checked out .
how about when she dated tyrese for years, i felt sorry for her cuz i know you need a big bottle of tynelol to deal with that dude

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
really? a woman on her level is cool with coming home to a empty house with a dog and gang of bills she has to tackle alone is living her best life? hell even tia mowry admitted she messed up by walking away from her marriage

how about when she dated tyrese for years, i felt sorry for her cuz i know you need a big bottle of tynelol to deal with that dude
She says she's happy.

I will say this, the most miserable people I know are married.

And most marriages end in divorce.

jackson35

Rising Star
Registered
She says she's happy.

even though she gave up drinking not too long ago, people in marriage will always be miserable when they don't know their role in a relationship. when u don't how how to be good company or at least a good host then it will look shaky.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
even though she gave up drinking not too long ago, people in marriage will always be miserable when they don't know their role in a relationship. when u don't how how to be good company or at least a good host then it will look shaky.
Married people need to work on mastering their own marriages before worrying about people that aren't married and what "roles" they should fill.

jackson35

Rising Star
Registered
She says she's happy.

even though she gave up drinking not too long ago, people in marriage will always be miserable when they don't know their role in a relationship. when u don't how how to be good company or at least a good host then it will look shaky
Married people need to work on mastering their own marriages before worrying about people that aren't married and what "roles" they should fill.
you said most marriages end in divorce, well if one plays their role, then it's smooth sailing.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
even though she gave up drinking not too long ago, people in marriage will always be miserable when they don't know their role in a relationship. when u don't how how to be good company or at least a good host then it will look shaky

you said most marriages end in divorce, well if one plays their role, then it's smooth sailing.
Who determines what these roles are? And what if you don't agree with them?

And once again married people need to work on being married without being miserable.

jackson35

Rising Star
Registered
Who determines what these roles are? And what if you don't agree with them?

And once again married people need to work on being married without being miserable.
roles are determined on what you see, if her house is untidy i'm going to clean up for her, if she come home after being on set for hours, i will have a meal waiting for her, book some fun time for us to connect more, things of that nature, most people do not participate in making a marriage or relationship pop

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
GR_TX7fasAAagPC