Saved by the Bell Cast Reunites for a Group Dinner

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
When you wake up in the mornin’, it’s a holiday weekend, and you wonder if your friends are doin’ fine. So you plan a group din, a mini-reunion, and you put it all on Instagram for us to see. It’s the cast of Saved by the Bell! That’s just a quick theme-song idea for this group dinner that starred Mark-Paul Gosselaar, Mario Lopez, Tiffani Thiessen, Elizabeth Berkley, and their respective spouses on Saturday night. Mario Lopez shared a group photo from the outing on his Instagram, along with a video that features Berkley reiterating how notoriously excited she can get. Notably absent were Dustin Diamond, Lark Voorhies, and Dennis Haskins, but a party larger than eight would probably count as an Event and be a Whole Thing. According to Lopez, the group managed to eat an “obscene amount of food,” and they’d yet to decide who was going to pick up the check. We’ll update if we find out who stepped up.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Dustin Diamond (You Know, Screech) Is Back in Jail
By E. Alex Jung
25-dustin-diamond-arrest.w330.h330.jpg

Zoinks!

Dustin Diamond, the actor best known for playing Screech on Saved By the Bell, is back in jail. The AP reports that the actor violated the terms of his parole and was arrested on Wednesday in Ozaukee County, Wisconsin. He was first arrested in the winter of 2014 when he stabbed another man during a barroom brawl on Christmas Day, and then found guilty of two misdemeanor charges — carrying a concealed weapon and disorderly conduct — and sentenced to four months in prison. He got out early, serving a little less than three months, but now finds himself back in jail for probation violation. In an interview with fellow Saved By the Bell castmate Mario Lopez just last week, Diamond said, “I want to put the tomfoolery and malarkey behind me … for that clean slate. Time for a change.”

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Saved by the Bell EP on Zack and Kelly divorce

By Evan Slead
December 02, 2016 at 10:08 PM EST
FBTwitter

From school bells, to wedding bells — to divorce lawyers? It seems Saved by the Bell sweethearts Zack and Kelly didn’t last the long haul.

Despite the best wedding possible set in Las Vegas, the on-again, off-again romance between Zack Morris (Mark-Paul Gosselaar) and Kelly Kapowski (Tiffani Thiessen) wasn’t destined to last, according to executive producer Peter Engel, which begs the question: Would they still be married now?

“Probably not,” said Engel in an interview with TVLine. “Well, they’d be married — but not to each other.” Even with their stories ended by a two-hour TV movie in 1994, the couple would have to experience happily ever after with someone else.

The producer’s latest book, I Was Saved by the Bell: Stories of Life, Love, and Dreams That Do Come True, has more tantalizing stories from the past and present of the hit show, including Jessie’s (Elizabeth Berkley) infamous caffeine pills really being speed.

As for life outside of love, Engel also shared where the rest of the Bayside crew probably ended up. “Zack would probably be the host of a game show or talk show, or he’d be managing a hedge fund. Slater (Mario Lopez) would be a high school football coach. Screech (Dustin Diamond) would be Bill Gates,” he said. “Jessie would have just to Donald Trump. Lisa (Lark Voorhies) would probably be Vera Wang, or a buyer at Neiman Marcus; and Kelly would be married with children and have a cooking show on the Food Network, which Tiffani Thiessen has — and I watch!”

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Hey preppies! Mark-Paul Gosselaar says he's 'open' to Saved By the Bell reboot

By Rosy Cordero
May 30, 2019 at 02:13 PM EDT
FBTwitter

Loaded: 0%

YOU MIGHT LIKE
'RHOP' STAR KAREN HUGER STORMS OFF DURING FIGHT WITH GIZELLE BRYANT IN NEW ORLEANS
Saved by the Bell
TYPE
  • TV Show
GENRE
Mark Paul Gosselaar isn’t saying no to a return to Saved By the Bell, but someone better have a really good pitch for him. The 45-year-old actor was a recent guest on The Hollywood Reporter‘s Award Chatter podcast where he revisited his time on the NBC Saturday morning series, where he played popular high school student Zack Morris.

Gosselaar, whose Fox series The Passage was canceled earlier this month, admits he’s not a fan of reboots in general but would be open if someone brings a great idea to the table along the same vein as what Robert Mark Kamen created for YouTube’s Cobra Kai based on The Karate Kid film trilogy.

“I’m okay, I mean me personally, with never seeing a reboot ever again,” he said in conversation with Scott Feinberg. “I like original content. I really appreciate what Cobra Kai has done. I appreciate what Roseanne has done…what Fuller House has done, it’s great. 90210 now is, I heard, for Fox. But I’m okay with never seeing a reboot ever again.”

MATT WINKELMEYER/GETTY IMAGES
He added about if someone could convince him to reboot Saved By the Bell, “Absolutely. If it was a good product that I felt wouldn’t tarnish the original product, then yeah. I’m open to hearing anything.”

Gosselaar also admitted he and his sitcom costars, including Mario Lopez, Tiffani Thiessen, Elizabeth Berkley, Lark Voorhies, and Dustin Diamond, didn’t always get along on set.

“Sometimes we loved each other and sometimes we hated each other,” he explained. “There were moments when [producer] Peter Engel had to sit us down and say, ‘Guys, we have to film a show here,’ because sometimes we weren’t talking to each other because of romantic entanglements — and maybe you would piss off Tiffani and because Tiffani’s friends with Mario, now Mario’s not talking to me. Then vice versa if something happened between Mario and I’m not talking to Mario…

It was a very small universe that we lived in and we operated in. Sadly, the only one that was always an outsider because he was three years younger than us was Dustin Diamond.”

Listen to the full interview at The Hollywood Reporter.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/r...sselaar-zack-morris-emmy-buzz-passage-1195486

swoop1

Circle the wagons.
Registered
Did he really use the excuse that a party larger than eight would make it an “event?”

Fuck outta here.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Did he really use the excuse that a party larger than eight would make it an “event?”

Fuck outta here.

No, that was the writer of the article saying that, not Lopez.

Damn sad man..... Lark was so cute / pretty back then.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dustin Diamond (You Know, Screech) Is Back in Jail
By E. Alex Jung
25-dustin-diamond-arrest.w330.h330.jpg

Zoinks!

Dustin Diamond, the actor best known for playing Screech on Saved By the Bell, is back in jail. The AP reports that the actor violated the terms of his parole and was arrested on Wednesday in Ozaukee County, Wisconsin. He was first arrested in the winter of 2014 when he stabbed another man during a barroom brawl on Christmas Day, and then found guilty of two misdemeanor charges — carrying a concealed weapon and disorderly conduct — and sentenced to four months in prison. He got out early, serving a little less than three months, but now finds himself back in jail for probation violation. In an interview with fellow Saved By the Bell castmate Mario Lopez just last week, Diamond said, “I want to put the tomfoolery and malarkey behind me … for that clean slate. Time for a change.”

Damn he couldn't flip his fame to doing some behind the scenes shit...

Dam Mario seems to be the one that made out the best..

Screech and lark went off the deep end..

Screech all Stabby and shit..

I ain't never seen ONE episode either

I know about them from bgols
informative knigga patrol

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Zack doing good too

had a couple of series back to back but no big hit like NYPD Blue

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Saved by the Bell' TV Sequel With Mario Lopez and Elizabeth Berkley a Go at NBCUniversal's Streamer
saved_by_the_bell_tracey_wigfield_inset.jpg

Courtesy of Photofest; Andrew Toth/Getty Images
Elizabeth Berkley and Mario Lopez on the original 'Saved by the Bell' (Inset: Tracey Wigfield)
Peacock, is teaming with Mario Lopez and Elizabeth Berkley for a new Saved by the Bell series. Sources say the streamer is in talks with other castmembers, including Mark-Paul Gosselaar, to potentially return.

The new straight-to-series comedy explores what happens when California Gov. Zack Morris (Gosselaar's role) gets into hot water for closing too many low-income high schools and proposes the affected students be sent to the highest-performing schools in the state — including Bayside High. The influx of new students gives the overprivileged Bayside kids a much-needed and hilarious dose of reality. Lopez and Berkley will return to play their respective characters A.C. Slater and Jessie Spano in what sources say are new roles as parents.

The comedy hails from writer Tracey Wigfield and is from Universal Television, where the 30 Rock grad and Great News creator recently renewed her overall deal. Wigfield will serve as showrunner and executive produce alongside original series creator Peter Engel and Franco Bario (Great News). Lopez and Berkley will also produce.

Saved by the Bell ran for four seasons as part of a Saturday morning block on NBC from 1989-1993. The comedy, created by Sam Bobrick and developed by Peter Engel and celebrating its 30th anniversary this year, starred Gosselaar, Lopez, Dustin Diamond, Tiffani-Amber Thiessen, Berkley and Lark Voorhies as high school students navigating everything from dating to drugs. The show, which launched as a redeveloped version of Disney Channel series Good Morning, Miss Bliss, became a massive hit and led to profitable merchandising lines, two spinoffs and a pair of TV movies. Saved by the Bell: The College Years and Saved by the Bell: The New Class ran for one and seven seasons, respectively. The core cast — Lopez, Thiessen, Gosselaar and Berkley — reunited in April, hosted by the latter duo and well documented on Instagram. (Gosselaar, meanwhile, recently signed on to star in ABC's Black-ish prequel comedy, Mixed-ish, and Thiessen stars on the Netflix series Alexa & Katie.)

For Lopez, now a father of three, the new Saved by the Bell marks his return to series-regular television. His last regular onscreen acting roles were in 2006 on the daytime soap The Bold and the Beautiful and in the late 1990s on USA Network's Pacific Blue. More recently on the scripted side, Lopez has guested on series including The Rookie, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Other Two and This Is Us, playing himself. Lopez's return to acting arrives two months after he joined the NBCUniversal-owned syndicated news magazine Access Hollywood and its daytime counterpart, Access Daily, as a host following a long run at Extra. As part of his Access pact, Lopez inked an overall deal to develop scripted and unscripted shows with Universal TV and its alternative counterpart. He is repped by WME and Del Shaw.

Berkley, a mother of one, most notably followed up her time with the Saved by the Bell franchise with the 1995 flop turned cult classic film Showgirls. Her credits include 1996's The First Wives Club and Any Given Sunday and guest roles on New Girl, the original The L Word and CSI: Miami. She is repped by Untitled Entertainment and Sloane Offer.

Wigfield has a long relationship with Universal TV and counts 30 Rock, The Mindy Project, Great News and Four Weddings and a Funeral among her credits for the studio. She is repped by WME.

NBC's streaming service, Peacock, is set to launch next April with originals joining the lineup in summer 2020. The Saved by the Bell announcement arrives as part of an ambitious slate unveiled Tuesday by the forthcoming streamer that also included news of a Battlestar Galactica reboot from Mr. Robot creator Sam Esmail, among several other projects.

Reboots and updates of beloved series remain in high demand as broadcast, cable and streaming platforms look for proven intellectual property with a built-in audience in a bid to cut through a scripted landscape expected to top 500 originals in 2019. The Saved by the Bell sequel will make noise and likely help drive interest (and subscriptions) to NBC's upcoming service, which will join a wave of similar upcoming offerings from the likes of Disney, WarnerMedia, Apple and Viacom's BET.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Believe it or not, Mark has done pretty well for himself. I've seen him in a lot of stuff over the years.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I’m So Excited, I’m So Excited, I’m So Scared for the Saved by the Bell Reboot
By Zoe Haylock

It’s been 30 years since A.C. Slater (Mario Lopez) tore up the halls of Bayside High, and a lot has changed. Well, he’s still at Bayside (now putting all that energy toward teaching gym), Bayside looks like it hasn’t even considered redecorating, and the teenage antics have just been passed down to a new generation. So, just kidding — a lot is the same. OG classmates Jesse Spano (Elizabeth Berkley) and Zack Morris (Mark-Paul Gosselaar), who’s now the governor of California, also return to Peacock’s Saved By the Bell revival. Their kids, Mac Morris (Mitchell Hoog) and Jamie Spano (Belmont Camelli), are now at Bayside. And, of course, there’s a horde of new teens making cheesy jokes, including Josie Totah, Haskiri Velazquez, Dexter Darden, and Alycia Pascual-Pena. The latest trailer errs on the funny side of self-aware, blending contemporary jokes (Rob Kardashian is a Kardashian) with nostalgia: Do the seniors at the Max look particularly senior to you? Saved By the Bell, which the trailer says is “coming soon,” is just one of the new pieces of content featuring prominent 80s hairstyles vying for your attention on Peacock. They also just released a teaser for a MacGruber series coming in 2021. That guy’s a friggin’ genius. You can check out the original teaser for Saved by the Bell below.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I’m So Excited, I’m So Excited, I’m So Scared for the Saved by the Bell Reboot
By Zoe Haylock

It’s been 30 years since A.C. Slater (Mario Lopez) tore up the halls of Bayside High, and a lot has changed. Well, he’s still at Bayside (now putting all that energy toward teaching gym), Bayside looks like it hasn’t even considered redecorating, and the teenage antics have just been passed down to a new generation. So, just kidding — a lot is the same. OG classmates Jesse Spano (Elizabeth Berkley) and Zack Morris (Mark-Paul Gosselaar), who’s now the governor of California, also return to Peacock’s Saved By the Bell revival. Their kids, Mac Morris (Mitchell Hoog) and Jamie Spano (Belmont Camelli), are now at Bayside. And, of course, there’s a horde of new teens making cheesy jokes, including Josie Totah, Haskiri Velazquez, Dexter Darden, and Alycia Pascual-Pena. The latest trailer errs on the funny side of self-aware, blending contemporary jokes (Rob Kardashian is a Kardashian) with nostalgia: Do the seniors at the Max look particularly senior to you? Saved By the Bell, which the trailer says is “coming soon,” is just one of the new pieces of content featuring prominent 80s hairstyles vying for your attention on Peacock. They also just released a teaser for a MacGruber series coming in 2021. That guy’s a friggin’ genius. You can check out the original teaser for Saved by the Bell below.

give them credit for not taking themselves too seriously