Seeking Advice on Downsizing

sakinnuso

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Living in Los Angeles. In the Entertainment Industry, jobs have always been shaky. Been at this 20 years and still don't have anything like a career. Wife's job is solid, though. Currently in Torrance. 2br apt @ 1800.00 with wife and 3 year old.

Wanting to save money and take more financial control since my lack of regular employment is disruptive.

Considering moving my family (wife, 3year old, me) to a 1br in the range of 1000-1300.00 a month. Wife's job is in El Segundo and daughter's private school is in torrance so we don't want to move too far away. Wife is already salty about the idea and is pretty adamant about wanting to stay in the area. Unfortunately, it's prohibitively expensive. Everything that i saved up for the past year with my last job is being bled away monthly by rent.

Any family-types have suggestions for downsizing? Nice areas in Hawthorne? Other suggestions?

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I mean 3 year old in a private school
Will bleed you more than anything
I don’t see what’s wrong with a child going to state school then spending money for private tutor...

If your wife isn’t happy with moving to a one bedroom I wouldn’t do it

Better bet to get a side hustle

Diomedes3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Living in Los Angeles. In the Entertainment Industry, jobs have always been shaky. Been at this 20 years and still don't have anything like a career. Wife's job is solid, though. Currently in Torrance. 2br apt @ 1800.00 with wife and 3 year old.

Wanting to save money and take more financial control since my lack of regular employment is disruptive.

Considering moving my family (wife, 3year old, me) to a 1br in the range of 1000-1300.00 a month. Wife's job is in El Segundo and daughter's private school is in torrance so we don't want to move too far away. Wife is already salty about the idea and is pretty adamant about wanting to stay in the area. Unfortunately, it's prohibitively expensive. Everything that i saved up for the past year with my last job is being bled away monthly by rent.

Any family-types have suggestions for downsizing? Nice areas in Hawthorne? Other suggestions?

Not trying to be funny if you move into that one bedroom and she ain't happy your going to be divorced soon. Why not get another job a serious one. You cannot be at something for 20 years and still not have stability. Maybe that life ain't for you. Get a skill with guaranteed bread.