South America conflicts… Venezuela elections have plenty craziness. Biden’s posse seize Venezuela president plane in D.R. over sanctions

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
I didn’t even know this was going on, but the US is not going to fuck with this.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Didn't Guyana approve of the People's Temple (Jim Jones church) commune to claim land in dispute with Venezuela?
Why does Venezuela claim Guyana?

Yet, Venezuela has always considered Essequibo as its own because the region was within its boundaries during the Spanish colonial period, and it has long disputed the border decided by international arbitrators in 1899, when Guyana was still a British colony.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Surprised the US ain't send since exxon is heavily invested in guyana's oil reserves.

or maybe there are troops and we don't know yet.

US Defense officials to visit Guyana amid Venezuela row: Guyanese VP​

24/11/2023 - 04:41
Disputed territory between Venezuela and Guyana
Disputed territory between Venezuela and Guyana © Gustavo IZUS / AFP
Tensions are running high between Georgetown and Caracas, which has organized a December 3 poll to ask Venezuelans to consider annexing the Guyana-administered region of Essequibo, which makes up two-thirds of the tiny country.

Both nations claim the 160,000-square-kilometer (62,000-square-mile) region, in a dispute that has intensified since ExxonMobil discovered oil there in 2015.

Another major discovery in Essequibo in October added further to Guyana's reserves, making them greater than those of Kuwait or the United Arab Emirates.

"We're interested in maintaining peace in our country and in our borders, but we're going to be working with our allies to ensure that we plan for all eventualities," Guyanese Vice President Bharrat Jagdeo said Thursday -- including welcoming the establishment of foreign military bases.

"We were never interested in military bases, but we have to protect our national interest," he said, adding that defense cooperation was being pursued "with a number of countries."

Two teams from the US Department of Defense will visit Guyana next week, Jagdeo added.

"All the options available for us to defend our country will be pursued. Every option."

The dispute over Essequibo dates back to 1899, when an arbitration tribunal fixed the border between Venezuela and Guyana -- a former colony of both Britain and the Netherlands.

Venezuela maintains that the Essequibo River to the east of the region forms a natural frontier, recognized at the time of independence from Spain.

Venezuela's unilateral referendum will ask citizens if they should reject the 1899 tribunal decision, which Caracas says was "fraudulently imposed."

Also on the ballot is whether Venezuela should reject International Court of Justice jurisdiction over the dispute, and whether to grant Venezuelan citizenship to the people of an annexed Essequibo.

Guyana has the world's biggest reserves of crude per capita, while its neighbor sits on the largest proven reserves overall.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member

Justice and Sovereignty: the Dispute over the Essequibo Strip​

Venezuelanalysis November 29, 2023
An infographic examining the long history of the unsettled border controversy between Venezuela and Guyana.

The unsolved border dispute between Venezuela and Guyana sparked renewed tensions in recent weeks. The two governments have engaged in a war of words, military presence has increased, as well as fears of US intervention.

The following infographic recaps the main chapters of the longstanding controversy over the resource-rich Essequibo Strip.

InfoEsequibo-v04_1_1.jpg

InfoEsequibo-v04_1_2.jpg

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fighting?who's there too fight because aren't they all marching into Messico to cross the boarder to get here?

I've met a few Guyanese folks and I hope it doesn't get ugly for them but if it come down to it I hope they fight like hell and Duke Nukem some ass.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
No one wants peace

Unless it’s a case of “we’re kool with y’all doing y’all thing as a breakaway region but we ain’t having y’all letting outsiders in. They will make profits while we get crumbs”

I’m search and if there’s any information about the prior issues, before the last few years

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member

Maduro revealed a new map of Venezuela, incorporating the disputed Essequibo region with Guyana (in the bottom right corner).

He stated that this map would be immediately provided to all educational institutions.

Venezuela's president also designated Essequibo as a "zone of integral defense" and proposed a three-month halt to oil operations.

A referendum supporting Venezuela's claims to the oil-rich Essequibo territory took place on Sunday, with the majority of citizens voting for its annexation to Venezuela.

The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Brazil stated that Brazil does not see the risk of an armed conflict between Venezuela and Guyana

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
I seen this coming ever since they found that block off of the Coast Guyana a few years back. This is gonna be stone crazy :smh:

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They cant invade Guyana though

That entire border between them is nothing but untamed tropical rainforest.
essequibo-river-between-the-orinoco-and-amazon-iwokrama-reserve-guyana_u-l-pfi0rk0.jpg

They can only get to guyana if they go through paved brazil roads.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
They cant invade Guyana though

That entire border between them is nothing but untamed tropical rainforest.
essequibo-river-between-the-orinoco-and-amazon-iwokrama-reserve-guyana_u-l-pfi0rk0.jpg

They can only get to guyana if they go through paved brazil roads.
I think it was about the strip…

Which everyone voted on, so invading is like a non issue currently

Chuck_Luck

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I always thought Guyana was an island somewhere in the Caribbean. Even though my 2 Guyanese girlfriends years ago told me different, I never bothered to check.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
I always thought Guyana was an island somewhere in the Caribbean. Even though my 2 Guyanese girlfriends years ago told me different, I never bothered to check.

Man it’s kinda tricky

If I remember correctly, you’re not 100 wrong

The names are very similar….

There’s Guyana which is connected to Venezuela and there’s Guana Island which is somewhere out there in the ocean

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Its culturally English Caribbean so its an easy mistake to make if you are not familiar with the geography

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Venezuelan Foreign Minister Yván Gil Pinto:

The CIA and the Drug Enforcement Administration from Miami and Colombia are conspiring, with opponents of the Venezuelan far-right, to assassinate President Nicolas Maduro, Minister Vladimir Padrino, and Governor Freddy Bernal.

The United States government is out to protect terrorists who have confessed to their crimes. They are partners in the intellectual and material management of acts of terrorism and interference in our country