Star Trek Strange New Worlds (Celia Rose Gooding is Cadet Nyota Uhura) renewed for Season 4

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member
Wow, I looks like I slept on this thread. I'm a big Trek nerd (at least to the extent you can be without going to conventions or collecting memorabilia or some shit lol). DS9 and TNG are my mothafuckin jams. I really loved Strange New Worlds. Had a feeling it'd be dope and it exceeded my wildest expectations. This was some Trek lover catnip... the showrunner, directors, cast, SFX etc hit all the right notes. Worth a watch if you've been on the fence.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

200_d.gif

I need to watch Prodigy

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member

200_d.gif

I need to watch Prodigy

"PRODIGY" was way better than I expected it to be.
The Writing of the last few episodes have been nothing short of incredible.
And practically an homage to "VOYAGER" and Kate Mulgrew's place in the "STAR TREK" universe.

Now all these new "ST" producers need to find a way to get Avery Brooks back.
And word is that they've been"politely" pressing for a while now.
Especially in light of all the renewed interest for the last few years in "DS9" thanks to Streaming.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Season One
Episodes 1 - 5

Started watching last night and finished these 5 episodes this morning.

These episodes were basically a slow burn mainly focused on introducing the main characters and doing character development with them. Each episode was basically separate from each other and could be watched individually.

Capt. Like who was first introduced in the original classic Star Trek series is the main character. He has some prior drama from a incident that happened prior to the series starting that looks to take him directly into the events of what we see happened in the classic “The Menagerie” episode of him In paralyzed in that chair.

Number One, she was in the original series but was not given a name, they gave her a name in this series and identified her as an alien. Her and Pike at this time are not in a romantic relationship.

Spock is introduced as First Officer. They are basically going into his drama of being half Vulcan/Human which we know he somewhat works out in the original series. His fiancée is introduced that I believe was introduced in the original series. We are getting details on their relationship.

They got a brother as the Chief Medical Officer. I looked it up and his character was introduced in the original series in a couple of episodes without a full name or going in-depth. They call him Joseph in this series with an ill daughter.

Uhura is introduced as a Starfleet cadet. They got her running around as the “comic relief” bumbling around so far. This series looks to go in-depth on her origins into Starfleet.

Nurse Chapel is introduced from the original series. They got some young cute model running around in an all white uniform working directly under CMO Joseph. They got her with a platinum wig on looking like a “Marilyn Monroe” on the series. So far she is the primary eye candy.

Kirks brother is introduced in these episodes in a minor role and working under Spock. Nothing has happened with him so far at this point.

Other characters are new and seem to have some connection to other characters from the original series, movies and past Star Trek series that I will assume be revealed in future episodes and seasons.

The look of the Enterprise and equipment used is close to what we see in the original series, just more modern looking.

I like how they show the Enterprise maneuvering in space. They are doing a better job than what they have done in ST:TNG, movies and even in Discovery series.

Music used in the original series has been used which is unique.

I expect the series to kick it up in action in the second season. Don’t expect much going on in the remaining 5 episodes for now. There doesn’t seem to be a main antagonist going on right now, but I suspect that will come soon.

I plan on getting the remaining episodes done hopefully next month.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Season One
Episode 6 - 10

Finished these up this morning.

The season main focus was character development. Each episode was basically independent of each other similar to the 1960’s Star Trek series.

Episode 9 was the best episode in the season with its similarities with the “Alien” franchise.

The season finale introduced Capt. Kirk. The actor cast in the role is gonna take some getting used too. The episode focused on Kirk being a wildcard and taking extreme risks in dangerous situations. That played out ok.

They set it up to start season 2 dealing with Number One.

Season 2 has wrapped up filming and is scheduled at this time to debut later in 2023, most likely after the new season of “Discovery”.

I’m all caught up finally on Paramount’s Star Trek series. Picard starts tomorrow.

Looking forward to season 2 of this series.