Star Trek Strange New Worlds (Celia Rose Gooding is Cadet Nyota Uhura) renewed for Season 4

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Episode 6 - Lost in Translation
Great episode and acting by Celia Rose :yes:
Parts were actually scary, had a couple jump scares ..lol
Sound EFX and visuals were good
especially the Alien tumpet sound
Yes, its the usual aliens trapped in a Nebula Star Trek story
Troi had a couple boring ones of this type back in STNG
But I like how it was written.
Good back story on Uhura
And starting to like the Captain Kirk actor.
He is in two of the best episodes this season.

What I didn't like: Carol Kane :angry:
Hard to understand her dialog with her raspy voice
There were times I felt like rewinding to figure out what the Fvck she said
but decided to skip it.
She wont be missed when/if her character dies soon.

From Celia Goodings wiki-
What is a grey asexual?
Anyway, not hate on her, what ever that is.
If Celia is bi, thats aiight.
Its okay to bring Janelle along

Personal life[edit]

Gooding is bisexual[24] and grey asexual.[25] They also have two cats named Pongo and Sushi.[26] Gooding goes by she and they pronouns.[27][28]

Last edited:

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
Good back story on Uhura

but decided to skip it.

What is a grey asexual?

Personal life[edit]

Gooding is bisexual[24] and grey asexual.[25] They also have two cats named Pongo and Sushi.[26] Gooding goes by she and they pronouns.[27][28]

great acting but the writers are geting lazy

another episode dealing with memory lost or hallucinations

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Good back story on Uhura

but decided to skip it.

What is a grey asexual?

Personal life[edit]

Shorty likes white men. That’s what it means.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
She can sang with them tig oles. Gets it from her mama who can sang her ass off.

Glad they renewed. 5 seasons at least. Episode 5 - Charades - showed how good an actor Anson Mount and Ethan Peck are. Their expressions throughout were comedy gold.

Too bad the writers struck because I was sure New Beginnings (working title?) with Seven and Jack Picard had legs.

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
The great thing about returning to this format is if you didn't like the story from last episode, you might still like the next episode.

With Discovery and Picard, since they did the binge style season long arc, you were stuck with the story whether you liked it or not.

Uhura isn't supposed to know who T'Pring is. Even though they haven't met face to face, it's hard to believe that the communications officer would be oblivious to a bunch of Vulcans beaming on board.

They also just killed the possibility of a Kirk and Spock at the academy movie/series.

At some point they have to give the helmsman her own episode, right now she gets a few lines of dialog per episode. Lol.

I agree about the raspy voiced engineer. She's unpleasant to listen to.

I'm enjoying this series. Hopefully we get a lot of seasons.

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
I thought they setting things up for Kirk to take command of the Enterprise...

They are since that's what has to happen to line up with The Original Series.

Kirk and Spock at the academy together is an idea that they've had since the 80s.

If they meet for the first time on the Enterprise that show/movie won't be possible.

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

This crossover episode was better than it had any right to be. It played to both series' strengths, and found moments to be humorous and serious.

The only downside is that by releasing it early, we have to wait a few extra days for the next episode. Which also feels like it might be a hit. Who does a crossover into a damn musical episode? These guys were acting like they really didn't think they would get renewed. Just putting it all out there this season, and I can respect that.

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Once again Star Trek is doing that thing, where a Black man is again playing a Klingon.
But I wondered who he was, he sounded familiar.
Who is under all that makeup?

Oh, it's hamsterdam

Bunny_Colvin.jpg

And speaking of casting
glad to see the Ice Cream man again.
Ron Howard doesn't make movies anymore.
So Clint doesn't get cast a lot.

Last edited:

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Season 2
Episodes 6 - 8

Started these this afternoon.

Episode 6 mainly was a character development story for Uhura, similar to episode 5 with Spock.

Spock and Kirk meet for the first time with Uhura. The Enterprise crew is slowly coming together.

Episode 7 is the crossover episode with “Lower Decks”. They started it off with animation with the Lower Deck characters and changed the opening sequence to animation. I’m not familiar with Lower Decks but it looks like they had the live action characters act silly like their animated versions. The episode ended with ST:SNW being in animation form.

Episode 8 has a cameo with Clint Howard who co-started in the original Star Trek back in the 1960s.

mqdefault.jpg

Strange-New-Worlds-S2E8-1.jpg

The episode dealt with the Klingon-Federation War they had and some characters having flashbacks/PTSD from the war.

Interesting how they don’t have CCTV security cameras on the Enterprise with what happened with the doctor and Klingon ambassador.

Two more episodes left, will let them debut and watch them together.

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
Interesting how they don’t have CCTV security cameras on the Enterprise with what happened with the doctor and Klingon ambassador.

Aside from the privacy issues with filming in sickbay, the reality is that in the 60s, 80s, and 90s cameras weren't everywhere like they are now. So the writers rarely included recorded footage.

There were a bunch of mystery episodes that would have been over in 5 minutes if there was a recording.

TOS - Wolf in the fold
Star Trek VI - Who assassinated Gorkon, and who killed the assassins
TNG - A matter of perspective, Clues, Suspicions
DS9 - Field of Fire
VOY - Latent Image (the doctor had to set up a camera in sickbay to find out who tried to delete the files)

Strange New Worlds has to stay consistent with those.

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thanks
Like the season so far but...
Haven't decided if I'll even watch this one.

Last edited:

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
I love the show, but this episode was some bullshit. I fast forwarded almost all the way through.
again the writers are getting lazy

a musical episode??

hell naw......... ain't they did that before??

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor

a singing episode??

That's not them getting lazy. That's then getting cute. They put in a shit ton of work on that episode because it was fun to them. It just sucks as a Star Trek episode.

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
That's not them getting lazy. That's then getting cute. They put in a shit ton of work on that episode because it was fun to them. It just sucks as a Star Trek episode.
they have a few broadway stars on cast so i get why they did it

still sucks because no one wants to see it

this season so far get a big fat C- so far from me.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
I was extremely skeptical of this episode, but they pulled it off. I really enjoyed it.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
lol this is damn near a shark jump LOL
I actually loved it. They were pulled into an alternative reality and the Kingons were fucking pissed about it, but they couldn't stop.

Spoks shit lined up with his character arc, and actually turns him into the one from TOS.

That's my problem with Sci fi fans. You believe a human can have offspring with a race with different DNA, but balk a a harmonic reality.

I actually like the break from the norm as we all know how Pike ends up.

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator

a musical episode??

Never. I hate musicals, the Wiz, Sweeney Todd, all that shit, but Nurse Chapel with the no scrubs to Spock, and Spock on his Drake shit was good character development.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
I actually loved it. They were pulled into an alternative reality and the Kingons were fucking pissed about it, but they couldn't stop.

Spoks shit lined up with his character arc, and actually turns him into the one from TOS.

That's my problem with Sci fi fans. You believe a human can have offspring with a race with different DNA, but balk a a harmonic reality.

I actually like the break from the norm as we all know how Pike ends up.
My main problem with the episode is the timing. We're to be supposed to be building towards a season finale. Next week. I wanted an episode that made me feel like I was counting the days until the next episode to find out what's going to happen.

Instead there is ZERO, ZILCH, NADA momentum for this season ending episode. I mean why the hell should I take the season ending episode seriously if no one on the show does?

I mean imagine The Empire Strikes Back, right as Luke is about to confront Vader....

VAUDVILLE! JAZZ HANDS! WOOKIE MUSICAL!

I'm not buying any kind of danger in this last episode. Minus whale have a puppet show episode to end the season off lol.