Star Trek Strange New Worlds (Celia Rose Gooding is Cadet Nyota Uhura) renewed for Season 4

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Now that they had their fun throw away episode, we better not see no shit like this in season 3.
I know what you mean when you say that, but for a "fun" episode, there were no less than three major long term plot points touched on or addressed here. Heck, one wasn't even resolved musically.

And you're probably going to be disappointed, because I'm pretty sure they will try something like this in season 3. They have consistently pushed boundaries and done something unique or special in each season, so I don't see why they would stop doing that now.

I had some issues with some of the music choices/content, but I felt like it was a solid episode of SNW.

dasmybikepunk

Wait for it.....
OG Investor
Grey-Asexual means she has limited sexual attraction.

Basically, she's open to dating/fucking both men and women, whenever her sex drive decides to actually work.

(if that makes any sense)
Shits crazy these days, I miss the old days of Jet Beauty of the week... as much as we knew they liked swimming, reading and long walks in the park.

Thanks for the nfo

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
My main problem with the episode is the timing. We're to be supposed to be building towards a season finale. Next week. I wanted an episode that made me feel like I was counting the days until the next episode to find out what's going to happen.

Instead there is ZERO, ZILCH, NADA momentum for this season ending episode. I mean why the hell should I take the season ending episode seriously if no one on the show does?

I mean imagine The Empire Strikes Back, right as Luke is about to confront Vader....

VAUDVILLE! JAZZ HANDS! WOOKIE MUSICAL!

I'm not buying any kind of danger in this last episode. Minus whale have a puppet show episode to end the season off lol.

This is the problem with doing 10 episodes a season instead of 26. They have to squeeze in every type of episode whether it fits there or not.

Some of the best episodes in Star Trek history were penultimate episodes. Duet (DS9), The Inner Light (TNG), The City on the Edge of Forever (TOS).

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
I know what you mean when you say that, but for a "fun" episode, there were no less than three major long term plot points touched on or addressed here. Heck, one wasn't even resolved musically.

And you're probably going to be disappointed, because I'm pretty sure they will try something like this in season 3. They have consistently pushed boundaries and done something unique or special in each season, so I don't see why they would stop doing that now.

I had some issues with some of the music choices/content, but I felt like it was a solid episode of SNW.
I fast forwarded through most of the episode so I'll just have to get those plot points from the internet.

I don't mind pushing boundaries. I liked the Spock human episode because it felt like part of the series.

This felt like the writers and actors of the show doing something for themselves, not the viewers (if the viewers like it, great, but this was for them) and completely broke out of any believability that this was in any way part of what they have established. This was a vanity project for them.

And when the crew starts making the show about them and not the audience or material, it never turns out well.

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
Shits crazy these days, I miss the old days of Jet Beauty of the week... as much as we knew they liked swimming, reading and long walks in the park.

Thanks for the nfo

You have to remember, she's only 23. She grew up with way more terms to describe her sexuality than we did.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
This is the problem with doing 10 episodes a season instead of 26. They have to squeeze in every type of episode whether it fits there or not.

Some of the best episodes in Star Trek history were penultimate episodes. Duet (DS9), The Inner Light (TNG), The City on the Edge of Forever (TOS).
Facts.

If this was just some silly episode 12 of 26, then fine. They literally have nine episodes to tell an entire season of stories and they spent one, the penultimate one, on a "fun" little diversion.

I hadn't read that this would be a musical. I tuned in excited to see how they were going to end the season. What amazing story lines would they set up for the season finale???

Dubstepping Klingons...

dasmybikepunk

Wait for it.....
OG Investor
Facts.

If this was just some silly episode 12 of 26, then fine. They literally have nine episodes to tell an entire season of stories and they spent one, the penultimate one, on a "fun" little diversion.

I hadn't read that this would be a musical. I tuned in excited to see how they were going to end the season. What amazing story lines would they set up for the season finale???

Dubstepping Klingons...
I couldn't even finish it, I still love Big Daddy Kane as the Doctor tho' :cool: he got that African accent
down pact.
:rolleyes:

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I fast forwarded through most of the episode so I'll just have to get those plot points from the internet.

I don't mind pushing boundaries. I liked the Spock human episode because it felt like part of the series.

This felt like the writers and actors of the show doing something for themselves, not the viewers (if the viewers like it, great, but this was for them) and completely broke out of any believability that this was in any way part of what they have established. This was a vanity project for them.

And when the crew starts making the show about them and not the audience or material, it never turns out well.
I disagree, but I respect your right to have that opinion.

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Grey-Asexual means she has limited sexual attraction.

Basically, she's open to dating/fucking both men and women, whenever her sex drive decides to actually work.

(if that makes any sense)
I'm starting to miss the old days of being either 'straight', 'gay', or 'bi'..

Kaotic

Dancing with the devil in the pale moon light...
Platinum Member

Love her personality and appreciation for art, and I'm rooting for her go on and be one of the greats.. However, I absolutely hate the white girl vocal fry when she speaks.. Shit is like nails on a chalk board to me when I have to listen to it at work while sitting presentations or just regular conversation with my white female coworkers.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
chris-tucker-friday.gif

no.gif

200_d.gif