Stop Using Your Samsung Galaxy Note 7, Safety Regulators Say

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
Stop Using Your Samsung Galaxy Note 7, Safety Regulators Say
5:53 PM ET

Because of the risk that the batteries can explode

(NEW YORK) — The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission says owners of the Galaxy Note 7 smartphones should turn them off and stop using them because of the risk that their batteries can explode.

The agency also says it’s working with Samsung on an official recall of the phones “as soon as possible” and that it’s trying to figure out if the company’s replacement Note 7s are an “acceptable remedy.”

Samsung last week began a global recall for the phone.

In a statement Friday, Samsung says Note 7 owners should shut off their phones and exchange them now for another device. But the company says new Note 7 phones will not be available until after the CPSC finishes its “process.”

galaxy-note-7.jpg

Richard Drew—APFILE - In this July 28, 2016, file photo, a screen magnification feature of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 is demonstrated, in New York. Aviation safety officials took the extraordinary step of warning airline passengers not to turn on or charge a new model Samsung smartphone during flights following numerous reports of the devices catching fire. The Federal Aviation Administration issued the warning Sept. 8, citing “recent incidents and concerns raised by Samsung about its Galaxy Note 7 devices.” It is extremely unusual for the FAA to warn passengers about a specific product. (AP Photo/Richard Drew, File)

In a statement Friday, Samsung says Note 7 owners should shut off their phones and exchange them now for another device. But the company says new Note 7 phones will not be available until after the CPSC finishes its “process.”

Last edited:

dadamaja

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
that just means that the s8 gonna be off the chain,it has to be, they prob pull all stops from that joint, i know some peeps will lose their jobs for this billion dollar fuckup

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
I forgot to include this part of the article:

Wepwawet

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
that just means that the s8 gonna be off the chain,it has to be, they prob pull all stops from that joint, i know some peeps will lose their jobs for this billion dollar fuckup
This a Korean company, wouldn't be surprised if someone committed suicide, worked with the Koreans, they different, culture is very rigid and hierarchical.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
I forgot to include this part of the article:

I read it. :hmm: When I get my new note 7 my old one will go!!

dm7BtQ.jpg

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
I read it. :hmm: When I get my new note 7 my old one will go!!
damn!!!!

apple had perfect timing with this launch

of their phone...

I know samsung is fuckin pissed....
It's their own fault. Beating Apple to the punch was more important than making sure their product was 100%.

Instead of naming it the Note 6, they called it the 7 to capitalize on Apple's iPhone 7 coming out around the same time.

Now this.

DaAssWatcher

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I lost my S4 at the right time.My ass would have went and got the Note.Heard the news and just copped the S7 instead...

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
SHIT JUST GOT REAL!!!

Read for an important update regarding your Galaxy Note7

Your safety remains our top priority

Dear Frosty, In response to our recent announcement regarding battery cell issues with the Galaxy Note7,we are advising that you power down your Note7 and exchange it now through our U.S. Product Exchange Program.

We strongly advise all customers to use this exchange program because your safety is our top priority. Additional sales and shipments of the affected devices have been stopped, but if you already have a Galaxy Note7, we strongly advise that you replace it.

Details on how to exchange your Galaxy Note7 can be found at www.samsung.com/us/Note7exchange or at 1‑800‑SAMSUNG.

Click here to get started.

105044-bad-boys-shit-just-got-real-gi-nMpT.gif