Strategies for buying sports tickets to get the best seats at the lowest price?

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered
What tactics do you use? Is it better to purchase as soon as they become available or, for games that won't sell out, at the last minute? Do you buy from Ticketmaster or a resell place like Stubhub?

I'm asking because of the upcoming NBA season... My local team, the Wizards, have pretty pitiful attendance so I'm buying tickets for must-see games ahead of time but it might be best to wait in other cases.

Including fees, the lowest prices for the first 4 games are:
  • $70.35 vs Boston- Home opener
  • $21.78 vs Cleveland
  • $15.73 vs Atlanta
  • $91.96 vs Golden State
I bought good tickets to the Golden State game because that's the #1 game of the season for me.

I'm very interested in buying good cheap seats to see a team like Cleveland. I got very close to the court last year for less than $100 per ticket.

But for games like against Boston, I'd like to see them but not at $70 for a nosebleed seat. I wonder if the same tickets might be cheaper on gameday because someone bought them with intent to resell or bought them and shit happened.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
What an odd thread. I spent most of my morning yesterday buying a plan for the Wizards. If the Nets are awful I intend on getting a package there too.

The day was supposed to be buying tickets for tonight’s Phillies game in Queens. But they wanted $300 for standing room. Shame on the Orioles. Shame them to hell.