Taylor Swift Faces Fan Backlash For Embracing Donald Trump Supporter Brittany Mahomes: “Spineless”

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Taylor Swift Faces Fan Backlash For Embracing Donald Trump Supporter Brittany Mahomes: “Spineless”​

By Natalie Oganesyan

September 9, 2024 6:36pm
Taylor Swift hugs Brittany Mahomes on the final day of the US Open

Taylor Swift hugs Brittany Mahomes on the final day of the US OpenPhoto by Al Bello/Getty Images

Taylor Swift is facing, ahem, swift backlash from fans for her association with Brittany Mahomes, an outspoken supporter of Donald Trump and wife to Kansas City Chiefs’ quarterback Patrick Mahomes, who is her boyfriend Travis Kelce‘s teammate and best friend.

The two were spotted embracing at the final day of the US Open yesterday, following much speculative murmur online about the status of their closeness. Trouble began brewing over the weekend, as the National Football League 2024 season kicked off with a Sept. 5 win by the Chiefs against the Baltimore Ravens with Swift in attendance. Countless articles appeared in publications, from varying focus given to the presumed distance between Mahomes and Swift — as they did not sit together in a shared box as they have done in the past — at the inaugural game to their much-trumpeted hug on Sept. 8, which signaled to folks that rumors of a seeming feud were quashed.

Namely, fans of the Grammy-winning, multiplatinum artist took issue with Swift’s outspoken rhetoric against Trump in her 2020 documentary Miss Americana, during which she stated, “I need to be on the right side of history.” The crux of the film followed Swift’s soul-searching as an artist with a sizable, influential platform and her decision — not supported by her PR team, family and managers — to engage in political discourse, including standing up for women’s and LGBTQ+ rights. In the emotional video, she expressed regret that she did not get politically involved and vocal ahead of the 2016 presidential election.

She tweeted at the time, “After stoking the fires of white supremacy and racism your entire presidency, you have the nerve to feign moral superiority before threatening violence? ‘When the looting starts the shooting starts’??? We will vote you out in November. @realdonaldtrump.”

Some fans resurfaced the tweet, singling out the disparity between Swift’s words and lack of action: “not a word about Palestine. not a word about trump using your face to promote him. not a word about LGBTQ+ laws over the last few years, or anything happening in your home state. besties with a SA [sexual assault] apologist & an endorsed trump supporter. this tweet & 2019 you are such a joke wow!” (Another user linked previous articles and tweets from Mahomes that included her piling on Swift for writing about nothing other than “boys and relationships,” the support she received from Trump for her endorsement and her defense of her brother-in-law amid his sexual assault allegations.)

For his part, Trump has used the association to his benefit ahead of the presidential election, posting AI-generated fake images of Swift and claiming a false, growing “Swifties for Trump” movement. At this time, Swift, who publicly supported president Joe Biden in the 2020 election, has not come forward with support for either Trump or Democratic nominee and current VP Kamala Harris.

“hey @taylorswift13 you dropped this,” one user wrote on X, attaching a picture of a spine. The theme was repeated on X numerous times, as even the bot account that shares lyrics from Swift’s Midnights posted the pointed lyric: “spineless in my tomb of silence,” a reference to the track “The Great War.”

One fan referenced the lyrics from “peace,” a song from the acclaimed folklore that is debated to be about ex-boyfriend and actor Joe Alwyn: “Your integrity makes me seem small / You paint dreamscapes on the wall / I talk sh– with my friends / It’s like I’m wasting your honor.” The individual wrote, “She herself did say Joe Alwyn’s integrity made her seem small. Guess she found a man where that isn’t a problem.”

Another said, “i don’t expect a billionaire to lead the revolution or anything i’m just confused as to why one would make a movie about standing up for what’s right at any cost only to literally never stand for anything again.”

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dude is a married to a moron. Thing is, when you meet your mate that young you have no idea what they will become or where they will lean. Being that he married a Cac, her family would have informed him of where she was going. Still, fuck her.
If your day 1 is a moron do you trade her in? Or stick with her?

She's the only person he'd get thats there for him. She was with him before the millions :lol: :lol: :lol:
Patrick-and-Brittany-Mahomes-throwbacks-2-011724-e2bf7c4f17fd439eb8a0d30b27e13794.jpg

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
If your day 1 is a moron do you trade her in? Or stick with her?

She's the only person he'd get thats there for him. She was with him before the millions :lol: :lol: :lol:
Patrick-and-Brittany-Mahomes-throwbacks-2-011724-e2bf7c4f17fd439eb8a0d30b27e13794.jpg

You know he will slip up one day and she will get half of every single penny he made :smh:

Her mother was teaching her that hawk tuah to lock him down from day one.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dude is a married to a moron. Thing is, when you meet your mate that young you have no idea what they will become or where they will lean. Being that he married a Cac, her family would have informed him of where she was going. Still, fuck her.
When the race war happens dudes like Mahomes have to be the 1st to go.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When the race war happens dudes like Mahomes have to be the 1st to go.

FACTS! :yes: My..

Many light skint ninjas will have to go because they’ll be a distraction. You’ll hesitate to shoot because you don’t know if it’s a Cac with a tan or a ninja named Ashley or Tracey. :smh: I’m Chappelle, Kevin Hart dark, so I haven’t trusted em since El DeBarge, and now Drake. Lightskin ninjas better wear an HBCU sweatshirt if they wanna survive.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
THEIR WHITE AND I EXPECT THEM TO THINK AND ACT IN A CERTAIN MANNER NO MATTER WHO THEIR FRIENDS WITH,WHO THEY CHOOSE TO LAY DOWN WITH AT NIGHT AND WHAT THEY HAVE GIVEN BIRTH TO,THEIR STILL WHITE,WAS RAISED BY WHITE PEOPLE AND LIVE IN A WHITE SOCIETY.

LIKE MY MOTHER ALWAYS SAYS NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY OR DO THEIR STILL WHITE AND WILL SUPPORT WHAT'S BEST FOR WHITE PEOPLE EVEN IF IT MEANS DESTROYING OTHERS OR THEMSELVES....THEIR STILL WHITE.

Darth Furious

Master
Platinum Member
Here’s the thing though, Taylor CLEARLY put her support for Harris out there for anyone to see. Her friendship with Britt Mahomes should be a moot point now. She can still have a friend and disagree with them politically.

oNE

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Here’s the thing though, Taylor CLEARLY put her support for Harris out there for anyone to see. Her friendship with Britt Mahomes should be a moot point now. She can still have a friend and disagree with them politically.

oNE
You’re 100% correct.
Friends SHOULD be able to disagree on political issues and still remain friends.
- But she's MAGA.
And when it comes to politics, MAGA(T)s have no friends. They are completely incapable of having friends on the opposite side of political aisle.