Thailand

cocobeauty

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Has anyone been to Thailand? The flight from DFW to Thailand is 21+ hours, I'm trying to figure out what is the halfway point.

Someone told me Hawaii, but not really sure, but I don't want to be on a plane for a day.

Any suggestions on where to go, what to do while there.

I know it will be hot, but I'll be ok. This is a trip my daughter asked for and I want to do it for her Birthday next year.

CORNBREAD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Has anyone been to Thailand? The flight from DFW to Thailand is 21+ hours, I'm trying to figure out what is the halfway point.

Someone told me Hawaii, but not really sure, but I don't want to be on a plane for a day.

Any suggestions on where to go, what to do while there.

I know it will be hot, but I'll be ok. This is a trip my daughter asked for and I want to do it for her Birthday next year.
Have you contact the Airlines. Im sure they can help with that question

Live Chat

CORNBREAD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Things to Do in Thailand​

e0dd2acd3574679864cd76965aa5dce2.png

Beaches, bargains, palaces, and stunning temples. Thailand has much to offer anyone, from the burned-out corporate executive in search of ultraluxurious respite to the intrepid backpacker hoping to explore beyond the beaten track. What brings visitors back here time and time again is undoubtedly the warmth of the Thai people, their laid-back attitude, the kingdom's at-times incomprehensible yet beguiling customs, feverish festivals, and amazing culinary adventures. For many, Thailand's most notable draws are its opulent royal palaces, ancient ruins, and ornate temples housing skillfully crafted figures of Buddha, a revered symbol that underscores a fervent and widespread devotion. In madcap Bangkok, you'll find an ultramodern cityscape muscling in on quiet canal and riverside communities. Mercantile hubs, such as historic Chinatown, consist of scores of labyrinthine alleys crammed with narrow shophouses, markets, and diners, all evoking a heady mix of sights, sounds, and smells. Beyond Bangkok, rice paddies carpet endless flat plains in a landscape dotted by tiny villages and mountains. White sandy beaches and acres of coconut palms and rubber plantations lace the southern and eastern gulf provinces. Wherever you go, expect contradictions and oxymorons: Witness all-permeating Buddhist pacifism coexisting with popular pugilism in Muay Thai boxing. Inscrutable Thailand will incessantly intrigue and confound the curious traveler.
There is also adventure of all kinds here: extreme sports on land and sea, trekking to hill-tribe villages, and abseiling down sheer limestone cliffs. The country's infrastructure allows travel by bus, train, car, boat, or even hot-air balloon, as well as via a network of budget airlines serving many regional cities. Gorgeous tropical islands play host to low-end guesthouses or stylish and contemporary five-star resorts. Regional cuisines differ greatly and offer a breadth of flavors in varying blends of sweet, sour, and salty variations -- not always ignited by fiery spice. In this chapter, I list the best restaurants and hotels, as well as give hints on where to find what you're looking for in this dazzling kingdom.

Apps for Thailand​

From sources across the web​

Grab

Google Maps

LINE

Foodpanda

Google Translate

Klook

Xe Currency & Money Transfers

Agoda

Bolt

Eatigo

Traveloka

ViaBus

Wongnai

Airbnb

Lazada 6.6 Super WoW

Skyscanner

IQAir AirVisual | Air Quality

Grab Food

Learn Thai

12Go Train Bus Ferry Flight

BKK Rail

Chope

Messenger

inDrive

Last edited:

CORNBREAD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Check out Reddit. There are plenty of discussions on Thailand

Apps for Thailand​

Grab

Google Maps

LINE

Foodpanda

Google Translate

Klook

Agoda

Bolt

Eatigo

Traveloka

ViaBus

Wongnai

Airbnb

Lazada 6.6 Super WoW

Skyscanner

Grab Food

Learn Thai

BKK Rail

Chope

Messenger

inDrive

DragonXJC

I joke and I know things
BGOL Investor
Bangkok is a chaotic city. Good for shopping, lots of night markets and huge air conditioned malls that connects directly to their modern train system.
Phuket is nice for a mother/daughter island hopping vibe if you want to experience beautiful beaches.
Chang Mai is chill not as chaotic as Bangkok, not much to do but appreciate nature and sight see temples.
Pattaya is nothing but whores and horny men.

Everything is affordable, most money and effort you'll spend is on the flight there.
Get massages, manicures/pedicures, pamper yourself on the cheap. Gold is cheap too if you're into jewelry.

DragonXJC

I joke and I know things
BGOL Investor
Check out Reddit. There are plenty of discussions on Thailand

Apps for Thailand​

Grab

Google Maps

LINE

Foodpanda

Google Translate

Klook

Agoda

Bolt

Eatigo

Traveloka

ViaBus

Wongnai

Airbnb

Lazada 6.6 Super WoW

Skyscanner

Grab Food

Learn Thai

BKK Rail

Chope

Messenger

inDrive

johniz

Rising Star
Registered
Business or Pleasure?
Solo or with someone/family?

Food is good (I ate from food carts);
Very hot so I hope you have some plans like the beach or wildlife (you can swim with elephants and pet tigers there)
Women are cool but forget a gf unless you looking to smash. There are many places for that, especially the strip/nightlife

Let’s keep it a buck. MOST men go to these types of countries (globally) for sex. Just know what you want before getting on that plane in order to have a good time.

DragonXJC

I joke and I know things
BGOL Investor
If you're into mommy & daughter cannabis experience, this chick hit some nice spots in Bangkok.