The Brothers Sun | discussion| Netflix

Bawse Nigguh

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Didn’t bother with reading the critic reviews. Binged it loved it…to me it was like Warrior but different. Maybe because of the fighting, which was fucking great. Wild tangent incoming: Chinese people love our culture but will go out they way not to fuck with us directly. They use our music copy our style, act like we do it’s like the culture is an outfit you can put on and take off…tangent complete

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
@Dr. Truth approved .... Michelle Yeoh and others...

Watching the first episode, this is pretty good. Never heard anything about it, but the wife recommended we check it tonight. Here's a trailer:

Pretty decent flick so far... im on ep2

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Didn’t bother with reading the critic reviews. Binged it loved it…to me it was like Warrior but different. Maybe because of the fighting, which was fucking great. Wild tangent incoming: Chinese people love our culture but will go out they way not to fuck with us directly. They use our music copy our style, act like we do it’s like the culture is an outfit you can put on and take off…tangent complete

From a fighting choreography standpoint, it's not on the level of Warrior or Into the Badlands but is pretty good compared to most shows and they came up with some creative scenes. Would say it's a good mix of martial arts, comedy, and family drama. Enjoyed it overall

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
From a fighting choreography standpoint, it's not on the level of Warrior or Into the Badlands but is pretty good compared to most shows and they came up with some creative scenes. Would say it's a good mix of martial arts, comedy, and family drama. Enjoyed it overall
This a lot better fight than mr and Mrs smith tho lol. But this is a cool show and more bloody then I expected.

Ep 5 now. Bout to watch

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
All the way in on this one

‘The Brothers Sun’ Canceled by Netflix After One Season​

By William Earl
Plus Icon
The Brothers Sun. Michelle Yeoh as Mama Sun in episode 107 of The Brothers Sun. Cr. James Clark/Netflix © 2023

JAMES CLARK/NETFLIX

Netflix has brought the curtain down on the Michelle Yeoh crime drama “The Brothers Sun” after one season.

The actioner revolving around Taiwanese organized crime and set in Southern California’s San Gabriel Valley bowed Jan. 4 on Netflix’s global platform. The series was created and executive produced by Brad Falchuk and Byron Wu.

In addition to Oscar-winner Yeoh, “Brothers Sun” also starred Justin Chien, Sam Song Li, Highdee Kuan and Joon Lee. News of the cancellation was first reported by Deadline.

The series had an eight-episode run. Chein played a Taiwanese mobster who heads to Los Angeles area to protect his estranged mother after his father is assassinated in Taipei. Yeoh, who won the best actress Oscar last year for “Everything Everywhere All at Once,” received strong reviews for her work in the series.

https://variety.com/lists/greatest-tv-shows-of-all-time/

Variety TV critic Aramide Tinubu called Yeoh “cutthroat and commanding” and declared the series to be “a thrilling, brilliant dramedy about familial obligations, buried skeletons and the bonds that can never be broken.” Tinubu also observed: “Though it provides Yeoh a showcase that she’s more than earned, the series also introduces Chien and Li as two mega talents who will undoubtedly continue to grace our screens.”

Other executive producers include Mikkal Bondesen and Kevin Tancharoen, who directed the series’ first episode. Additional cast members included Alice Hewkin, Jon Xue Zhang, Jenny Yang and Madison Hu.

The short life of “The Brothers Sun” is another sign of how even starry series projects are being closely evaluated at a time when streamers, studios and major networks are reassessing overall content expenditures

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member

By William Earl
Plus Icon
The Brothers Sun. Michelle Yeoh as Mama Sun in episode 107 of The Brothers Sun. Cr. James Clark/Netflix © 2023

JAMES CLARK/NETFLIX

Netflix has brought the curtain down on the Michelle Yeoh crime drama “The Brothers Sun” after one season.

The actioner revolving around Taiwanese organized crime and set in Southern California’s San Gabriel Valley bowed Jan. 4 on Netflix’s global platform. The series was created and executive produced by Brad Falchuk and Byron Wu.

In addition to Oscar-winner Yeoh, “Brothers Sun” also starred Justin Chien, Sam Song Li, Highdee Kuan and Joon Lee. News of the cancellation was first reported by Deadline.

The series had an eight-episode run. Chein played a Taiwanese mobster who heads to Los Angeles area to protect his estranged mother after his father is assassinated in Taipei. Yeoh, who won the best actress Oscar last year for “Everything Everywhere All at Once,” received strong reviews for her work in the series.

Variety TV critic Aramide Tinubu called Yeoh “cutthroat and commanding” and declared the series to be “a thrilling, brilliant dramedy about familial obligations, buried skeletons and the bonds that can never be broken.” Tinubu also observed: “Though it provides Yeoh a showcase that she’s more than earned, the series also introduces Chien and Li as two mega talents who will undoubtedly continue to grace our screens.”

Other executive producers include Mikkal Bondesen and Kevin Tancharoen, who directed the series’ first episode. Additional cast members included Alice Hewkin, Jon Xue Zhang, Jenny Yang and Madison Hu.

The short life of “The Brothers Sun” is another sign of how even starry series projects are being closely evaluated at a time when streamers, studios and major networks are reassessing overall content expenditures

Trust me I wasn't looking for another season even though this first season was pretty good! It was always lot going on..which actually kept me watching it..

keone

International Member

By William Earl
Plus Icon

JAMES CLARK/NETFLIX

The short life of “The Brothers Sun” is another sign of how even starry series projects are being closely evaluated at a time when streamers, studios and major networks are reassessing overall content expendituresas
It was cool for a season.
The last two ep sucked.
Action was good tho @fonzerrillii

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

By William Earl
Plus Icon

JAMES CLARK/NETFLIX

Damn already? Netflix ain’t shit.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
This is why I’m hesitant to keep Netflix around. They council shows that is decent or good but they keep shows around that is mediocre as hell.

I actually heard an interview with one of the Netflix bosses and they hate that they are labeled like that...

But the track record is there.

I need them to really make it make sense to do this.

They claim its all about the algorithm

And with the money they making? Whi the f*ck am I to judge?

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is why I’m hesitant to keep Netflix around. They council shows that is decent or good but they keep shows around that is mediocre as hell.
Yeah I don’t like that. With Network tv we get ratings so you at least have an idea of why a show gets cancelled. Streaming is a bitch. All the perks of streaming don’t outweigh the pitfalls.

keone

International Member
I actually heard an interview with one of the Netflix bosses and they hate that they are labeled like that...

But the track record is there.

I need them to really make it make sense to do this.

They claim its all about the algorithm

And with the money they making? Whi the f*ck am I to judge?
Last year they released the list of most streaming and u would be surprised what movies and show streamed high.

Also the shows just arent that good.