The Isley Bros. We Got Jimi

ugk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Jimi Hendrix was too charismatic and talented to be in background, the Isley brothers didn't want some no name in the back trying to take the spotlight.

It's sad tho. I wonder at times what would happen if Jimi stayed on the chitlin circuit with the Isley brothers and other acts. probably would've kept him away from the drugs and exploitation that would ultimately kill him, but then he probably never makes big..although with his talenti, t was inevitable

three-fifths

searching for the remaining 143,999
Platinum Member
word.

i would've definitely loved if jimi would've cut a few r-n-b/soul recordings.
It's sad tho. I wonder at times what would happen if Jimi stayed on the chitlin circuit with the Isley brothers and other acts.

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
Jimi Hendrix was too charismatic and talented to be in background, the Isley brothers didn't want some no name in the back trying to take the spotlight.

It's sad tho. I wonder at times what would happen if Jimi stayed on the chitlin circuit with the Isley brothers and other acts. probably would've kept him away from the racist crackers , white women n drugs and exploitation that would ultimately kill him, but then he probably never makes big..although with his talenti, t was inevitable

/fixed

but u learn something new everyday ....i never knew that ....

bout to go to youtube n c if i can find some live stuff with him playing with them ...:yes:

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
I had NO idea! :eek:

giphy.gif

:bravo::bravo::bravo:

mchammertoeeesss

Rising Star
Registered
Cacs try to white wash everything. The fooled us into believing that Jimi didn't exist prior to Woodstock.
FLIXATION-Beatles-1600x900.jpg

BY STEALING EVERYONE'S MUSIC
“In the early years, I’d often carry around someone else’s song in my head,” John Lennon said.
“And only when I’d put it down on tape — because I can’t write music
— would I consciously change it to my own melody,
because I knew that otherwise somebody would sue me.”

da_monumental_1

LinuxGawd & BOFH
BGOL Investor
Before Jimi died, he was going to start a new band with noted jazz musicians who had gone electric with recommendations from Miles Davis to help put his band together.

Wobble Wobble

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Of all the thousands of guitarists in the world, only one can say that he learned at the feet of Jimi Hendrix: Ernie Isley was still in high school when "Maurice James" was staying with the Brothers in Teaneck, New Jersey. When Mama Isley would ask him for somethng, it was Jimi's guitar that would say "no thank you" or "thank you very much".

Want something else that will blow your mind? Listen to Jimi's live concerts you'll hear him playing a few notes: "Thank you, Thank you, very much."

three-fifths

Platinum Member
yet, most, if not all, of their subsequent, greatest popular hits were homegrown.

how did they steal?
FLIXATION-Beatles-1600x900.jpg

BY STEALING EVERYONE'S MUSIC
“In the early years, I’d often carry around someone else’s song in my head,” John Lennon said.
“And only when I’d put it down on tape — because I can’t write music
— would I consciously change it to my own melody,
because I knew that otherwise somebody would sue me.”

three-fifths

Platinum Member
lol.

and i read somewhere that keith received a knuckle sandwich (or two) from berry at one time.

however, i cannot audibly discern listening to 'i want to hold your hand', 'she loves you' (perhaps the 'wuu!' from little richard), 'help', 'can't buy me love', 'love me do', or 'hard day's night' as being r&b rip offs.
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/beatles-5-boldest-rip-offs-54145/
"The reality is, here's Keith Richards who basically said, 'I stole everyone of Chuck Berry's guitar licks,' and Keith Richards and the Rolling Stones have made hundreds of millions of dollars," Hackford says.

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor
One of my sandbox brothas called me not too long ago and mentioned he inherited a record collection from his uncle. He mentioned an album with the Isley's and Jimi but I have never heard of the combo. Guess I'll have to hit him or check discogs to see if I can find it.