The New Mutants | Official Trailer [HD] | 20th Century Fox

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Looks more like a horror flick, than anything else. I'll wait for more info.

That's their goal...

Additionally, Boone confirmed that the film would be "a full-fledged horror movie set within the X-Men universe. There are no costumes. There are no supervillains. We’re trying to do something very, very different." He was particularly influenced by Bill Sienkiewicz' time as artist on the New Mutants comic, which he called, "a darker and more surreal and impressionistic X-Men series than we’d ever seen before."

After filming wrapped on The New Mutants, Fox chairman and CEO Stacey Snider compared the setting of the film to a "Breakfast Club detention/Cuckoo’s Nest institutional setting", and described the film as "a haunted-house movie with a bunch of hormonal teenagers. We haven’t seen it as a superhero movie whose genre is more like The Shining".

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
And a generic horror flick at that :lol:

Notice they didn't have that Marvel logo (not the marvel studio logo but the generic one).

I see a flop coming.

The fucked up thing it that horror movies tend to make bank because you can make one for like 10 to 30 million and it’s almost guaranteed to get at least 60 to 70.

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The fucked up thing it that horror movies tend to make bank because you can make one for like 10 to 30 million and it’s almost guaranteed to get at least 60 to 70.

Not really fam. Happy Death Day and Friend Request didn't aint do shit at the box office. Not all of those movies can be a insidious or a annabelle.

Shit even Saw and Rings franchise got stupid at one point.

Nobody is gonna go to the theatre to watch this bullshit. And what's the point of this movie? Does it take place during deadpool or has Fox given up trying to make a X-Men universe?

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Not really fam. Happy Death Day and Friend Request didn't aint do shit at the box office. Not all of those movies can be a insidious or a annabelle.

Shit even Saw and Rings franchise got stupid at one point.

Nobody is gonna go to the theatre to watch this bullshit. And what's the point of this movie? Does it take place during deadpool or has Fox given up trying to make a X-Men universe?

Happy Death Day just dropped today and it was made for only 5 million dollars. Shit is going to end up number 1 at the box office...

‘Happy Death Day’ Has A $1M Thursday – Box Office

Universal/Blumhouse’s PG-13 horror pic Happy Death Day stabbed $1M in previews last night from 2,450 theaters. The Christopher Landon-directed pic which is described as Scream meets Groundhog Day is expected to bring in $15M-$20M this weekend, potentially giving it the No. 1 spot.

One million dollars is a solid start for the third Blumhouse release this year, charting above the $911K Thursday night of Ouija ($8.3M opening day, $19.9M weekend opening), Unfriended‘s $656K ($6.8M, $15.8M FSS), and just under Insidious Chapter 3‘s $1.55M preview night ($10.5M, $22.7M FSS).Happy Death Day is in line with Blumhouse’s previous microbudget releases this year with an estimated production cost before P&A of $4.8M. The movie carries a 69% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

http://deadline.com/2017/10/happy-d...-office-the-foreigner-jackie-chan-1202187771/

I might not watch Horror Movies... but I study the numbers. Horror movies are cheap cash cows.

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Happy Death Day just dropped today and it was made for only 5 million dollars. Shit is going to end up number 1 at the box office...

‘Happy Death Day’ Has A $1M Thursday – Box Office

Universal/Blumhouse’s PG-13 horror pic Happy Death Day stabbed $1M in previews last night from 2,450 theaters. The Christopher Landon-directed pic which is described as Scream meets Groundhog Day is expected to bring in $15M-$20M this weekend, potentially giving it the No. 1 spot.

One million dollars is a solid start for the third Blumhouse release this year, charting above the $911K Thursday night of Ouija ($8.3M opening day, $19.9M weekend opening), Unfriended‘s $656K ($6.8M, $15.8M FSS), and just under Insidious Chapter 3‘s $1.55M preview night ($10.5M, $22.7M FSS).Happy Death Day is in line with Blumhouse’s previous microbudget releases this year with an estimated production cost before P&A of $4.8M. The movie carries a 69% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

http://deadline.com/2017/10/happy-d...-office-the-foreigner-jackie-chan-1202187771/

I might not watch Horror Movies... but I study the numbers. Horror movies are cheap cash cows.

A super hero movie is a super hero movie...and $20 million dollars for a X-Men movie or any movie set in that universe shows that the bar has been set to a new low for them.

I understand them trying to do something different but it ain't gonna work.

The ultimate.super hero horror movie had already been made:
blade_ver1_xlg.jpg

Fox is not Blumhouse who is notorious for actually making watchable movies (unfriended was funny as shit).20th Century Fox will fuck this up. The X-Men franchise would be dead in the water if not for Deadpool, which was so good because it was so close to the comic.

DjMorpheus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I ain't even gon watch the fuckin trailer. SHit looks like some bullshit. It reads like some bullshit. It's from FOX.

Hence...bullllllllllllllshit

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
I heard they were going for a more vibe with flick.

Will check if it gets good reviews but they need to do a better job branding to attract comic book movie casual fans.

based on the trailer and youngsters had an elm street vibe

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
Will wait and see. Probably end with it being a hallucination or a telepath fucking with them.

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
ghosts horror and marvel?? whatthefuckisthisshit?

And I'm really starting to hate horrors as it is

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The original New Mutants had some horror elements to it. The "Demon Bear"?

s-l300.jpg

00newmutants19.jpg

I've said this for years...

it is VERY important that we are able to EXPAND the so called super hero genre

we need comedy heist movie thriller action horror...

because if NOT its gonna die.

This is good...we gotta to try these creative ideas.

look at LEGION, The Gifted Agents of SHIELD Ant Man Luke Cage The Tick GOTHAM...

we need to do this.

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I've said this for years...

it is VERY important that we are able to EXPAND the so called super hero genre

we need comedy heist movie thriller action horror...

because if NOT its gonna die.

This is good...we gotta to try these creative ideas.

look at LEGION, The Gifted Agents of SHIELD Ant Man Luke Cage The Tick GOTHAM...

we need to do this.

We have it already. Blade started all of this shit if you think about it and that was a horror/action movie.

Plus there is no continuity it would be different if the same actor that was in Days of Future Past was in this

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
We have it already. Blade started all of this shit if you think about it and that was a horror/action movie.

Plus there is no continuity it would be different if the same actor that was in Days of Future Past was in this

This is actually canon to the New Mutants. I don't know your age but I collected the first books when they came out it was all about Demons and horror (they just happened to be Mutants). In fact the Demon Bear is the main villain of this film.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
[QUOTE="Tha Great Muta, post: 18319054, member: 41166"]We have it already. Blade started all of this shit if you think about it and that was a horror/action movie.

Plus there is no continuity it would be different if the same actor that was in Days of Future Past was in this[/QUOTE]

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
This is actually canon to the New Mutants. I don't know your age but I collected the first books when they came out it was all about Demons and horror (they just happened to be Mutants). In fact the Demon Bear is the main villain of this film.

YUP

if they are able in ANY way to tie with LEGION and Magik?

I'm gonna dance in the street!

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I'm old.enough to have grown.up with the 90s X-Men and because they fought demons doesn't exactly mean it was horror right?