Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Mason out now. Season is finished. :itsawrap::crying:

WH74ma.jpg

TooTrilla

Mil Town Legend
BGOL Investor
He'll be ok. Just got the wind knocked out of him....x10 :lol:
Yall dont need anymore bad luck though...so happy he seems alright.

Keepthapeace

well-known lurker
BGOL Investor
Glad he walked off...I thought he broke his neck with that hit under the chin... shit that was scary...

Turned out to be a good right hook :giggle:

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Steelers QB Mason Rudolph returns to practice days after scary hit
:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:

Three days after being knocked unconscious from a helmet-to-helmet hit by Ravens safety Earl Thomas, Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph returned to practice. Rudolph remains in concussion protocol, but his participation in practice Wednesday afternoon is a positive sign that he’s recovering well.

“Mason is a tough dude,” receiver Johnny Holton said. “To see him out there at practice today, it was kind of amazing. People usually take a week or two off. It just shows us that he wants to be here.”

According to the NFL and NFLPA return-to-participation protocol, Rudolph is in Step 4 of the 5-step process toward being cleared. The final step, upon clearance by an independent neurologist and team physician, is a return to full-contact practice or game activity.

Rudolph took reps with the scout team Wednesday afternoon while rookie Devlin Hodges took all the reps with the first-team offense.

“He’s doing well,” Hodges said. “That was a scary situation, a really scary situation. He was knocked out pretty cold. To see him here and moving around and see him smiling, it’s a good sign.”

The Steelers are preparing as if Hodges will be the starter when they visit the Chargers on Sunday night in Los Angeles. Because Rudolph is not likely to be cleared from the protocol until the end of the week, chances are slim that he’ll start the game. But he could serve as the backup if he is cleared before Sunday night. If not, the Steelers will elevate Paxton Lynch from the practice squad to be the backup for the game.

“I prepare to start every week,” Hodges said. “That’s what I do. I’m trying to be the best I can be and just go out there and play.

“I’m feeling good. I feel confident in myself. I have a great group around me, and I just have to go out there and compete.”

Hodges came on in relief of Rudolph in the Steelers’ 26-23 loss to the Ravens. He was 7 for 9 for 68 yards and finished the game with a 98.1 quarterback rating. He also had a 21-yard scramble that set up the go-ahead field goal with a little more than two minutes remaining.

Hodges didn’t get any reps last week, not even with the scout team because Taryn Christion was signed to mimic Ravens QB Lamar Jackson for the Steelers defense. The only throwing he did was in some 7-on-7 portions of practice. Now he’s likely to get every rep with the first-team offense this week.

“It helps a lot,” Hodges said. “You’re talking about getting throws in that you’re not getting in when you’re the backup or the No. 3 guy. You’re not getting a lot of throws in. So as far as getting the timing down with the receivers and being in the huddle, it’s a confidence booster.”

It’s been a whirlwind four weeks for Hodges, who was cut before the season opener against the Patriots. He was re-signed to the practice squad after the Steelers traded Josh Dobbs to the Jaguars, and he was elevated to the 53-man roster after the Steelers placed Ben Roethlisberger on season-ending injured reserve last month.

All of that happened after Hodges went undrafted and unsigned after the draft. He ended up with the Steelers after impressing at a rookie tryout camp a week after the draft.

“I never once didn’t think I wouldn’t be here,” said Hodges, who broke Steve McNair’s record to become the all-time leading passer in the Football Championship Subdivision. “It’s crazy. Being gone Week 1, to the practice squad and then what happened to Ben and now Mason getting a concussion, it’s been crazy. Even from the beginning coming here on a tryout…In five years from now or 10 years from now, if I’m still in the NFL, this whole story will fit who I am. It shows that hard work and believing in yourself, you can accomplish your dreams.”

If Mason plays just let dude throw the damn ball downfield. :itsawrap:

Dr. Truth

QUACK!
BGOL Investor
Chargers have no fans LOL just send them away to Las Vegas . Even when they played in San Diego most their fans were the opposition. If they played Oakland 90% of the stadium were Raiders fans. Worst fan base of any sport