The Rise and Fall Of Tupac Amaru Shakur Center For The Arts! Happy 51st Birthday

tebriel69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just wanted to come on and say fuck Tupac. Never liked him from the first time I saw him on Digital Underground's Same Song to the end. Dude went from wearing a tutu in high school to mr. gang banger at 25 (the ultimate definition of hustling backwards).
Artists aren’t allowed to grow and change their look, style, or perspective? I disagree with the statement he made and the lifestyle he led which led to his demise but to say fuck him? I think that’s uncalled for. He inspired millions of people. I doubt even he knew the extent of the reach he had and still has. I’m slightly biased because I’m a socal native but the man deserves respect. Granted, he did some foolish things but come on bruh….give respect where it’s due.

BGLR1212000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just wanted to come on and say fuck Tupac. Never liked him from the first time I saw him on Digital Underground's Same Song to the end. Dude went from wearing a tutu in high school to mr. gang banger at 25 (the ultimate definition of hustling backwards).
So he should have continued to wear the tutu until you were satisfied he had worn it long enough?.

Ninja05

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So he should have continued to wear the tutu until you were satisfied he had worn it long enough?.

Ninjas get extra sensitive about Tupac for some reason. Usually the same critical analysis isn’t used to describe BIG’s lyrics/fake persona or Wu-Tang simultaneously adopting Italian Mob/Martial Arts.

I rocked to all them cats but understood they were all young trying to find themselves/deal with being a voice on our community in the 90s

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

so you didn't like Prodigy either huh ?

BGLR1212000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just dont understand the high school analogy folks try to use. Is a nigga 25 really supposed to be the same as he was at 15? I remeber being about 25 years old, and I was arguing with this dude, and he said some out the way shit about something that happened to me when I was 14. I beat the fuck out him just because I could.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just dont understand the high school analogy folks try to use. Is a nigga 25 really supposed to be the same as he was at 15? I remeber being about 25 years old, and I was arguing with this dude, and he said some out the way shit about something that happened to me when I was 14. I beat the fuck out him just because I could.

They simply had fucked up childhoods.

Parents used to send you to music lessons or send you to a ballet school to take acrobatics or tap.

I ended up being a felon for trafficking and my dude went on tour with whoodini and had a decent career as a solo singer.

We both went to "dance school"

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
Registered

d98rr6h-16aa742f-8dcf-4afa-941c-180387b42104.jpg

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
Registered
How to say you know nothing about Tupac in a statement.
Wait up so he wasn't a big mouth who ran off at the mouth at every opportunity he had? Wait he wasn't a guy who got involved in some gang shit in Las Vegas that got his life took? Wait he wasn't a guy who took on the persona of a character he played in a movie?

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Jay-Z called out Nas and Mobb Deep in “Takeover.” In the song he says, “You was a ballerina, I got your pictures, I seen ya.” Old pictures of Prodigy then appeared on the JumboTron. The pics were from Prodigy’s old dance classes. Prodigy thought it was funny but his friends wanted to hurt Jay-Z. The rappers later squashed the beef.

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
Registered
Artists aren’t allowed to grow and change their look, style, or perspective? I disagree with the statement he made and the lifestyle he led which led to his demise but to say fuck him? I think that’s uncalled for. He inspired millions of people. I doubt even he knew the extent of the reach he had and still has. I’m slightly biased because I’m a socal native but the man deserves respect. Granted, he did some foolish things but come on bruh….give respect where it’s due.
Respect, I don't owe him shit. He was a fucking clown who wrote a check his ass couldn't cash. Talking about he was a soldier doing the fucking Humpty dance. While he was doing the Humpty Dance I was in Saudi Arabia carrying an M203 during Desert Storm. He didn't even have the balls to do his time in jail before calling for Suge to bail his behind out. My little cousin who did strong armed robbery in Houston and has served 10 years in jail has more heart than Tupac ever had. I respect Tupac for being the entry way for Homo Thug luv that the Boondocks showcased before him men didn't wear nose rings (some gay shit).

peterlongshort

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Respect, I don't owe him shit. He was a fucking clown who wrote a check his ass couldn't cash. Talking about he was a soldier doing the fucking Humpty dance. While he was doing the Humpty Dance I was in Saudi Arabia carrying an M203 during Desert Storm. He didn't even have the balls to do his time in jail before calling for Suge to bail his behind out. My little cousin who did strong armed robbery in Houston and has served 10 years in jail has more heart than Tupac ever had. I respect Tupac for being the entry way for Homo Thug luv that the Boondocks showcased before him men didn't wear nose rings (some gay shit).
What was interesting about the Tupac era is he actually talked about black men being human beings. He jacked his whole style from Scarface, but I digress. Up until that point black men (in media) where just utilities, incapable of self reflection or emotion. "Shed So Many Tears" was self talk for the black man. Incredible artist.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

So you're upset that you were in a desert fighting a crakkas war for mofokrs that could give less than a fuck about you.

And that cousin shit sounds like some more dumb shit if he did 10 years for a robbery in Texas...So he took some shit that didn't belong to him and you call it heart. For that, they took 10 years of his life and he got out with nothing ..Hmmmm So who really got robbed.

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
Tupac wasn't that much younger than my folks. Never really gave his age a thought cuz he died so young I guess

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
Registered
So you're upset that you were in a desert fighting a crakkas war for mofokrs that could give less than a fuck about you.

And that cousin shit sounds like some more dumb shit if he did 10 years for a robbery in Texas...So he took some shit that didn't belong to him and you call it heart. For that, they took 10 years of his life and he got out with nothing ..Hmmmm So who really got robbed.

No I served my country and made the world safe for democracy and yes my cousin did do some dumb shit and got caught and jailed rightfully for it. And yes your hero lost his life getting involved in some shit that didn't concern him. Now who's the bigger fool my cousin who is still alive paid his debt to society and can go on to bigger and better things or your hero who instigated a lot of shit, really wasn't bout that life and really should have just stuck to his inane raps for you gullible negroes. Instead like I said earlier he got involved in some clown shit and at the end of the day his shit went to a minister his mother was married to. So does his living relatives even eat off of his Humpty dumpty rhymes?

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
Registered
What was interesting about the Tupac era is he actually talked about black men being human beings. He jacked his whole style from Scarface, but I digress. Up until that point black men (in media) where just utilities, incapable of self reflection or emotion. "Shed So Many Tears" was self talk for the black man. Incredible artist.
If you say so. I have to be honest anytime I had to ride with someone and they were playing his shit I either asked them to play something else or rode in disgust looking out the window praying that we arrived to our destination as fast as possible. Just wasn't a fan of his music.

Ninja05

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If you say so. I have to be honest anytime I had to ride with someone and they were playing his shit I either asked them to play something else or rode in disgust looking out the window praying that we arrived to our destination as fast as possible. Just wasn't a fan of his music.

sounds personal brotha.

Reactions: Jae

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No I served my country and made the world safe for democracy and yes my cousin did do some dumb shit and got caught and jailed rightfully for it. And yes your hero lost his life getting involved in some shit that didn't concern him. Now who's the bigger fool my cousin who is still alive paid his debt to society and can go on to bigger and better things or your hero who instigated a lot of shit, really wasn't bout that life and really should have just stuck to his inane raps for you gullible negroes. Instead like I said earlier he got involved in some clown shit and at the end of the day his shit went to a minister his mother was married to. So does his living relatives even eat off of his Humpty dumpty rhymes?

So where is this democracy you speak of ?

I have an honorable discharge but was never blinded to think I was serving my country to make it safe...

My hero? No way could a mofokr younger than me be anything of the sort.

And you are the cat that ran in such an unimportant thread spewing your vitriol like he did something to you.

I'm gullible but you think you made this country safe for democracy fighting in a war over oil.

Helping to create the very terrorist (y'alls definition) that we are supposed to fear.

His living relatives seem to be doing just fine

Okay I'm done playing with you......

Hve fun until the next free stack of pancakes and the thank you for your service cup of coffee.

tebriel69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I’m still serving brother. So I get the sacrifice and a bit of the anger when we talk about how we as black men serve our community. Mad respect to you for that. I was still a kid when desert storm popped off. My uncle was in that shit. I get where u coming from. I’m just saying the influence he had was largely positive. When he was alive it didn’t feel that way and definitely not immediately after he died.

wwetv100

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Interesting. Didn't know this existed. I'll check it out.

There is a long story behind this. Things got REALLY messy when Afeni died. The new owner who promised Afeni to keep the plans she had for the place ended up getting opposition from the people/families who really run the entertainment world. Just notice there has suddenly been a museum tour.

That's all I'll say on here though. The hip hop world is not what everyone thinks in terms of how things get to the people. RIP Afeni.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Dear Mama
Debuts April 21, 2023

From Allen Hughes, the award-winning director of critically acclaimed The Defiant Ones, comes FX’s Dear Mama, a deeply personal five-part series that defies the conventions of traditional documentary storytelling to share an illuminating saga of mother and son, Afeni and Tupac Shakur.

Afeni Shakur was a revolutionary, an intellect and a voice for the people. She became a feminist darling of the '70s, a female leader in the movement amidst the macho milieu of the Black Panther Party. Tupac was a rapper and poet, a political visionary and philosopher who became known as one of the greatest rap artists of all time. In addition to becoming a global sex symbol and media favorite for his outspoken and sometimes outrageous antics, he would eventually become the poster child for modern Black activism. Their story chronicles the possibilities and contradictions of the United States from a time of revolutionary fervor to Hip Hop culture’s most ostentatious decade.

FX’s Dear Mama is both an audio and visual experience. Tupac's timeless message is undeniable as beats evaporate into soundscapes and his lyrics revealed to be mantras of passion and politics. It eschews strict chronology for a style that slides back and forth in time, finding linkages between mother and son, 1970s and 1990s, black activism and hip hop, that highlight how much has and has not changed in the struggle for human rights. Through this technique, the eras speak to each other and melt time away, shifting the dual narratives into one definitive portrait of a global superstar and the woman who shaped him, forever linked by love and fate.

Teaser Trailer

MV5BMzc1YWRlMzgtMmQzYi00OTBiLWE3NjgtMTEwZWEzOTdjYmU4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjkwOTAyMDU@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
So where is this democracy you speak of ?

I have an honorable discharge but was never blinded to think I was serving my country to make it safe...

My hero? No way could a mofokr younger than me be anything of the sort.

And you are the cat that ran in such an unimportant thread spewing your vitriol like he did something to you.

I'm gullible but you think you made this country safe for democracy fighting in a war over oil.

Helping to create the very terrorist (y'alls definition) that we are supposed to fear.

His living relatives seem to be doing just fine

Okay I'm done playing with you......

Hve fun until the next free stack of pancakes and the thank you for your service cup of coffee.
He typed out that he was saving the world making it a better place for democracy over in Iraq lol
:roflmao2::roflmao::roflmao2::roflmao2::smh:

:clown

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member
Jay-Z called out Nas and Mobb Deep in “Takeover.” In the song he says, “You was a ballerina, I got your pictures, I seen ya.” Old pictures of Prodigy then appeared on the JumboTron. The pics were from Prodigy’s old dance classes. Prodigy thought it was funny but his friends wanted to hurt Jay-Z. The rappers later squashed the beef.

Jay-Z was ruthless :lol: I remember that era well. Thanks for the post. :thumbsup: