The Rise of Black Maga: I spent a week with Black Republicans.

Princenubian

Rising Star
Registered
I'll bet several of these Coons are some of these BGOL maga agents, smh.

You guys know that I don't use this word, but I'm I'm going to do it know. These niggas are astonishingly stupid. Christians are fucking stupid.

I agree w wood.

I have a bigger gripe w black Christians.

I have no issue w Republicans….no love for MAGA republicans.

I’ve been looking for years for a reason to stop supporting dems….just haven’t found a viable alternative.

Carry on……

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
I noticed the same thing with black Maga supporters. They are usually Koons. They can’t really make clear on why they support Trump. They just come up with bullshit answers without doing any research… just like the white Trump supporters.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah MAGA folks are not Republicans. It’s an extreme ideology.

I have no problem with a black conservative if they have valid points. The problem with Black MAGA they typically worship the white man and hate being BLACK.

More of a reason why black parents need to teach their kids that our history did not start with slavery and the Melanin in your skin is a gift from the most high.

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend

CACs have no bottom
as to what they will do
to keep us enslaved.
No shame with their
racism, whatsoever.
And these coons, some
right here on BGOL are
fine with this. :smh:

dis-belief-surprised.gif

Rezn8

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I noticed the same thing with black Maga supporters. They are usually Koons. They can’t really make clear on why they support Trump. They just come up with bullshit answers without doing any research… just like the white Trump supporters.
A certain number of these guys are going to do things like this simply because they take pride in being contrarians. There's no valid rhyme or reason for their decisions other than they like going the other way than most others, even if it makes little sense.

This is an example. I'm not the biggest fan of Marc Lamont Hill, but he did a good job challenging these two idiots who are pro-Trump, and anti-Kamala Harris.

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
A certain number of these guys are going to do things like this simply because they take pride in being contrarians. There's no valid rhyme or reason for their decisions other than they like going the other way than most others, even if it makes little sense.
I think it’s just a money grab…

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

10 Things Donald Trump didn’t do for Black people​

OPINION: The former president deserves credit for the handful of policies he enacted to make Black America great again. Let us know when you find one.​

Michael Harriot
Donald Trump, Black people, theGrio.com
A Trump supporter holds a "Blacks For Trump" sign outside the the Wilkie D. Ferguson Jr. United States Federal Courthouse where former President Donald Trump is scheduled to be arraigned later in the day on June 13, 2023 in Miami, Florida. Trump is scheduled to appear in the federal court for his arraignment on charges including possession of national security documents after leaving office, obstruction, and making false statements. (Photo by Win McNamee/Getty Images)
OPINION: The former president deserves credit for the handful of policies he enacted to make Black America great again. Let us know when you find one.

Editor’s note: The following article is an op-ed, and the views expressed are the author’s own. Read more opinions on theGrio.

On Jan. 8, 2014, Barack Obama did something for Black people.

In 2012, Black students made up 16% of public school children but represented more than a third of children who were expelled, arrested or suspended from school. Black students were suspended and expelled at three times the rate of white students and were referred to law enforcement officers twice as often as their white counterparts.

To address these school discipline disparities, the Obama administration used a legal concept called “disparate impact.” According to the longstanding, court-approved interpretation of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, a policy can be discriminatory if it negatively affects a legally protected group, even if the discrimination was unintentional. So on Jan. 8, 2014, the civil rights division of the Department of Education issued a “Dear Colleague” letterthreatening every public school district in America with disparate impact lawsuits “based on public reports of racial disparities in student discipline.”

It worked.

Just four years later, out-of-school suspension rates dropped dramatically. By the 2017-18 school year, nearly 52,000 fewer Black students received out-of-school suspensions and the number of Black students arrested at school dropped by more than 5,000 students. According to the Learning Policy Institute, between 2012 and 2018, “the Black-white suspension gap decreased among secondary students in 45 states and Washington, DC.” Decades of school discipline racial disparities also decreased for Hispanic and Native American students. In fact, during the entirety of the Obama administration, out-of-school suspension rates dropped for all students, regardless of race — something that had not happened since the DOE began collecting this data in 1973.

White people hated it.

Not only did conservatives call for Trump to rescind the Obama-era policy but to justify their position, they claimed Obama’s “Dear Colleague” was harmful to Black people. The Heritage Foundation (the think tank responsible for Project 2025) said Obama’s “illegal racial quotas” ignored Black children who were affected by “poverty, broken families and neighborhood crime.” The pro-white race scholars who redefined critical race theory for the Manhattan Institute alleged the rule hurt “predominantly minority schools with predominantly minority teachers.” The National Review begged Trump to rescind Obama’s policy because Black children need discipline to help mitigate “the devastating effects of single-parent homes.” So, despite the research, data and actual proof that showed Obama’s policy benefitted all children, on Dec. 21, 2018, Trump’s Federal Commission on School Safety reversed Obama’s Dear Colleague letter …

For Black people.

When Trump says he did “more for the Black population than any president since Abraham Lincoln,” these are the examples he cites. While there are numerous articles dissecting Trump’s racism, xenophobia and hate for anyone who’s not a straight white Christian, his claims about what he did for Black Americans are rarely challenged. Because of this, many of the people who believe “Obama didn’t do anything for Black people” are willing to believe that Trump gave them stimulus checks, hooked them up with a “Black job” and got their uncle out of jail.

He didn’t.

Recommended Stories​

To set the record straight, we decided to examine 10 of Trump’s biggest pro-Black political achievements to see exactly what he did to make Black America great again.

10. Greatest Black economy in history

Donald Trump was not wrong to claim responsibility for the lowest Black poverty rate in history. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, in 2019, only 16.3% of Black Americans lived in poverty, which was historically low. Do you know who else presided over the lowest poverty rate in history? Barack Obama. And Bill Clinton. And George H.W. Bush.

It’s almost like the Black poverty rate keeps going down.

The same is true for the historically low unemployment rate that Trump often touts. But if Trump deserves credit for lifting Black people out of poverty, shouldn’t he take the blame for the biggest rise in Black unemployment in history, which also happened under his watch? Even if one excuses Trump by blaming the rise in Black unemployment and poverty on a worldwide pandemic, then one must also concede that Biden is a better caretaker of the Black economy. The Black unemployment rate, poverty rate, the Black-to-white unemployment gap and the number of Black Americans without health insurance reached record lows under Joe Biden.

Apparently, lying is not a “Black job.”

9. Record HBCU funding

Trump said he “saved historically Black colleges and universities” by signing the FUTURE Act, which provided annual funding for HBCUs. And technically, he did

Not only did the Trump administration fund HBCUs at the same rate as the Obama administration, but every single one of the Trump administration’s budget proposals tried to decrease federal spending on HBCUs. Most of his fellow Republicans voted against the FUTURE Act. And, according to Rep. Alma Adams, D-N.C., who wrote the bill, “The only words the president contributed were his signature.”

I’m sure you’re shocked to learn that Trump is trying to take credit for a Black woman’s work.

8. The Trump stimmie

Contrary to the claims of noted economist and bootyhole color commentator Sexyy Red, Trump was not responsible for the coronavirus stimulus package that gave millions of Americans $2,000 in COVID relief funds. As Politico notes, Trump “railed against the $900 billion coronavirus relief bill” after Democrats forced it through Congress and threatened a government shutdown.

To be fair, Trump wasn’t siding with his party when he tried to lower stimulus payments to $600. Republicans actually supported the COVID relief legislation. Instead, Trump didn’t want Democrats to get credit for actually helping people going into a national election.

But let’s say Trump was responsible for the stimmie checks. Does that mean Sexyy Red is willing to sell her vote for a measly $2,000?

The residents of Pound Town must really be hurting.

7. PPP Loans

According to the popular narrative, Trump’s Paycheck Protection Program really benefitted the Black community — even if many of the PPP loans were fraudulent.

Again, not only did Trump oppose the legislation, but he funneled billions of federal dollars to his conservative allies to bail out their businesses. PPP loans were basically Trump’s friends and family slush fund. But what about all those Black scammers who got loans?

According to the actual data, Black-owned businesses received less than 2% of PPP loans. White-owned businesses got 83%.

Black scammers really need to step their game up.

6. Education reform​

Trump’s biggest education policy involved a plan to steal Black people’s money.

According to numerous studies, Black homeowners pay higher property taxes than their white counterparts. Black taxpayers also pay higher federal income taxes. While federal taxes and property taxes make up about half of school funding, according to Edbuild, “the average nonwhite school district receives $2,226 less than a white school district.”

Trump is gonna fix that.

When Trump boasts that he “called on Congress to pass school choice legislation to expand educational opportunities for all American children, especially those in our nation’s inner cities,” he’s talking about his school choice plan, which would use $500 billion in taxes to send kids to mostly white private schools. His Education Freedom Scholarships and Opportunity Act would also give tax breaks and scholarships to people who already send their children to private and Christian schools. And if you think the Department of Education Title IX program that supplements low-income schools would bridge the gap …

Trump wants to get rid of the Department of Education.

5. Gentrify Improved Black neighborhoods

One of the programs Trump loves to tout is his Opportunity Zones — his 2017 tax plan that offers tax incentives to encourage investment in low-income and minority neighborhoods.

While it sounds like a brilliant idea, a 2022 study of 100 areas that received these tax breaksfound that opportunity zones are essentially a plan to colonize Black neighborhoods. Not only did Trump’s plan benefit wealthy investors, but the rise in housing costs displaced low-income residents at alarming rates. Meanwhile, Trump’s Department of Housing and Urban Development rolled back Obama-era policies that fought housing discrimination in white areas.

4. Criminal justice reform

Perhaps the highlight of Trump’s anti-racist legislation is the First Step Act. A report by the U.S. Sentencing Commission revealed that 91.3% of the 1,051 people who received retroactive sentencing reductions due to the passage of the First Step Act were Black. He should be proud.

But that’s not quite what happened.

In 2010, President Barack Obama signed the Fair Sentencing Act of 2010, which narrowed the gap in racially discriminatory crack vs. cocaine sentences by 82%. To pass the legislation, Republicans agreed to support the bill as long as the Democrats didn’t make the legislation retroactive.

The first draft of Trump’s First Step Act did not address the crack vs. cocaine disparity. It didn’t address drug sentencing. It didn’t address sentencing reform at all. The amendments were only included when liberal organizations like the Color of Change and the Prison Policy Initiativeurged Democratic lawmakers to vote against the bill unless Republicans agreed to include prison reform, sentencing reform initiatives and rehabilitation programs. Conservative senators eventually agreed and Trump signed the bill, which simply made Obama’s bill original bill retroactive

Thanks, Obama.

3. Reformed the police

Trump loves to say he was the only president who actually reformed the police, but is it true?

On June 16, 2020, Trump signed an “Executive Order on Safe Policing for Safe Communities” that promised to ban chokeholds, increase mental health training and track police officers who committed illegal uses of force.

It did none of that. Not only did Trump encourage cops to be more brutal, he militarized the police, promised to expand the death penalty for drug dealers and wants to pass a law to protect cops from prosecution. Trump’s Supreme Court appointees effectively ended affirmative action, and his administration stopped enforcing consent decrees — a tool used to monitor law enforcement agencies with repeated civil rights violations.

To be fair, giving cops more freedom to kill Black people is technically a reform.

2. Fixed the border

Trump claims undocumented immigrants are stealing all of the “Black jobs,” so immigration reform helps Black people.

Even if he was correct (he isn’t), Trump forced Republicans to kill bipartisan immigration reform legislation. He was the originator of the plan to bus undocumented migrants to majority-Black cities. He embraced white nationalism by explaining that Black migrants come from “shithole countries.”

Most importantly, Trump was bad at protecting the border. He deported fewer people than Obama and Biden. Biden stopped and arrested more undocumented migrants than Trump, and used policy to reduce the number of crossings instead of a stupid wall.

By the way, Trump only built 47 miles of new border wall.

1. Trump did more for Black people than Abraham Lincoln

Abraham Lincoln didn’t intend to free the slaves. Abraham Lincoln didn’t free the slaves; the 13th Amendment did. In fact, Abraham Lincoln expressed exactly what he wanted to do for Black people:

I will say here, while upon this subject, that I have no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the institution of Slavery in the States where it exists. … I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the black and white races — that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making VOTERS or jurors of negroes, NOR OF QUALIFYING THEM HOLD OFFICE… I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any of her man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.
OK, this one’s a tie.

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend

This is an example. I'm not the biggest fan of Marc Lamont Hill, but he did a good job challenging these two idiots who are pro-Trump, and anti-Kamala Harris.

I had to stop the tape after sunglasses said that Kamala went to Howard to learn how to be black. I turned that shit off. I can't listen to ignorant niggas like that. I can't believe Hill wasted 90 minutes of conversation with ignorant assholes like that. I lost 30 IQ points just listening to that shit for 12 minutes.

Peacemaker213

Rising Star
Registered
No I don't remember that shit at all racist comic book character
Well it really happened. They were trying to say that ebonics was our own special language that we should embrace. This was before the board reset, so where talking a long time ago.

WTF do you mean "racist comic book character"? I'm not a fan of DC but I don't see a problem with this character since he's black. At least he's not a string hair white guy.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Well it really happened. They were trying to say that ebonics was our own special language that we should embrace. This was before the board reset, so where talking a long time ago.

WTF do you mean "racist comic book character"? I'm not a fan of DC but I don't see a problem with this character since he's black. At least he's not a string hair white guy.
Ebonics is African-American dialect and, yes, it should be embraced and it is embraced knowingly or unknowingly. It's a fertile ground for founding new terms in the United States and the world.

Peacemaker213

Rising Star
Registered
Ebonics is African-American dialect and, yes, it should be embraced and it is embraced knowingly or unknowingly. It's a fertile ground for founding new terms in the United States and the world.
I respect your opinion but when it first came out it sounded crazy to me. I understand "understanding it". Being from Bk I know I have a NY accent and that accents or dialects vary depending on where you from/live i.e geechie in SC. I say embrace that all day long. But ebonics was some next level shit. They wanted to teach it in elementary schools out on the west coast. So basically they wanted to standardize it. In my opinion, it was a short term solution to a long term problem.

It might have made some kids successfully in elementary and maybe junior high school but I can't see it going any further.

At FAMU, I learned a lot about what our ancestors went through. Some ways of talking were used to communicate in front of our enemies without them catching on. I don't think ebonics could pull that off.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I respect your opinion but when it first came out it sounded crazy to me. I understand "understanding it". Being from Bk I know I have a NY accent and that accents or dialects vary depending on where you from/live i.e geechie in SC. I say embrace that all day long. But ebonics was some next level shit. They wanted to teach it in elementary schools out on the west coast. So basically they wanted to standardize it. In my opinion, it was a short term solution to a long term problem.

It might have made some kids successfully in elementary and maybe junior high school but I can't see it going any further.

At FAMU, I learned a lot about what our ancestors went through. Some ways of talking were used to communicate in front of our enemies without them catching on. I don't think ebonics could pull that off.
I think learning about AAV (African-American Vernacular) in school is about learning it's grammar rules and how it functions on its own and how it differs from the Language of Wider Communication, that's all. So, it's not about good English or bad English, the advocates of AAV are meeting the dialect where its at in society.

Peacemaker213

Rising Star
Registered
Ok, fair point. A couple of weeks of educating people about it, it's use and historical importance, cool. Trying to teach it to kids in elementary as a second language, that's a tough sell. I get your point though.

godofwine

Supreme Porn Poster - Ret
BGOL Investor
You guys know that I don't use this word, but I'm I'm going to do it know. These niggas are astonishingly stupid. Christians are fucking stupid.
You got to be stupid as fuck to believe that fuck shit story, not to mention gullible. They are so convinced that everything in the Bible absolutely fucking happened, from water into wine to stone into bread. It's all ridiculously fantastic, and at least mostly false or exaggerated

We have all played the telephone game in school, where the teacher tells one side of the classroom a riddle or limerick and it gets to the other side over a 40 minute period. Somehow, by the time it gets to the other side the riddle or limerick is completely different.

Now it is agreed that the Bible was written more than 100 years after the events occurred. They want us to believe that something can be changed over a 40 minute period but nothing changed over 100 years? Fuck out of here