TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
Michael Jackson’s ‘Thriller’
Just Became The First Album To Be Certified 30x Platinum

12.16.15 | No Comments | Marisa Mendez
News
ifwt_mj-30x.jpg

And the greatest just became greater. Today, the RIAA announced that Michael Jackson’s iconic album Thriller (released in 1982,) just became the first album ever to be certified platinum a whopping 30 times in the United States. Worldwide, he’s at over 100 million for the project. Insane.

Check out a statement from RIAA chairman and CEO Cary Sherman below

“RIAA has awarded Gold & Platinum records on behalf of the music business for nearly 60 years, but this is the first time an artist has crossed the 30X multi-Platinum plateau. We are honored to celebrate the unique status of Thriller in Gold & Platinum history. What an exceptional achievement and testament to Thriller’s enduring spot in our hearts and musical history.”

http://k2s.cc/file/f3438d9dfd491/Black_Girl_Erotic_290.zip

http://k2s.cc/file/d6e71207e7bbf/Black_Girl_Erotic_272.zip

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I've Heard That Said Alot By People Who Were Late Teen Early 20 When It Came Out....Alot Of People Say That Off the Wall Was His Best Album
yes I agree, to me 'off the wall' was his best.

I hate to admit this...

but they are right.

song for song...

1. "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" may be a damn near perfect record
2. "Baby Be Mine" (recorded April – October 1982) ehh
3. "The Girl Is Mine" (featuring Paul McCartney) hate all you want but this was a great syrupy sweet 80s pop record...and still holds up.
4. "Thriller" (featuring Vincent Price) iconic but I would argue that it isn't even a "song"
5. "Beat It" (featuring Eddie Van Halen) Van Halen sucked but again this is more an EVENT than a song
6. "Billie Jean" perfection, period
7. "Human Nature" damn...you hate this you hate yourself, I think when critiquing music context is KEY
8. "P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)" this was a BIG record and classic MJ
9. "The Lady in My Life" yeah well ok I don't got a good defense on this one

Race Harley

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The "Off The Wall" album was a better album and relit the fire on the Michael Jackson craze!

Long live The King Of Pop!

N*E*R*D

Out here somewhere
Registered
I hate to admit this...

but they are right.

song for song...

1. "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" may be a damn near perfect record
2. "Baby Be Mine" (recorded April – October 1982) ehh
3. "The Girl Is Mine" (featuring Paul McCartney) hate all you want but this was a great syrupy sweet 80s pop record...and still holds up.
4. "Thriller" (featuring Vincent Price) iconic but I would argue that it isn't even a "song"
5. "Beat It" (featuring Eddie Van Halen) Van Halen sucked but again this is more an EVENT than a song
6. "Billie Jean" perfection, period
7. "Human Nature" damn...you hate this you hate yourself, I think when critiquing music context is KEY
8. "P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)" this was a BIG record and classic MJ
9. "The Lady in My Life" yeah well ok I don't got a good defense on this one

Baby Be Mine is the only subpar song on the album.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
It's probably because they gave this shit away on google play last month. I downloaded a copy.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Classic album. I still recall my first time hearing the album. Got picked up at grade school with my Sikh friend by their pops. Believe he already owned the album on cassette tape or 8-track. Whatever it was ... we ran a few errands and stopped in at a place like Woolco or K-Mart. Something along those lines and they had a massive display for Thriller with the vinyl all lined up. We got back out to the car and drove off playing it on tape or 8-track. Straight jamming that shit ... even as a kid I knew that shit was HYPE! Shit ... looking back ... we were in pre-school or kindergarten at the time. Hilarious (1982/83).

8/11Streetz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Classic album. I still recall my first time hearing the album. Got picked up at grade school with my Sikh friend by their pops. Believe he already owned the album on cassette tape or 8-track. Whatever it was ... we ran a few errands and stopped in at a place like Woolco or K-Mart. Something along those lines and they had a massive display for Thriller with the vinyl all lined up. We got back out to the car and drove off playing it on tape or 8-track. Straight jamming that shit ... even as a kid I knew that shit was HYPE! Shit ... looking back ... we were in pre-school or kindergarten at the time. Hilarious (1982/83).

nigga you old as fuck!

j/k

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

dude I had such a flashback I felt dizzy...

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Playa - The good ol' days, fam'.

Canada was reppin' hard with Woolworth's, Woolco, Woodward's, and more. Hardcore as fuck :D

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Smart kid too. Went on to marry his high school sweetheart (big-tittied Filipina with serious DSLs & a toothpaste commercial smile). That cat is winning, haha.

silentking

Occasional Superstar **
Registered
Thriller vs Off the Wall falls into a realm that I go through with a lot of artists/groups I love. I think Thriller, overall, his best album, but Off the Wall is my favorite MJ album. In the same respect, I think Aquemeni is Outkast's best album but ATLiens is my favorite......Things Fall Apart is the Roots best album but Illadelph Halflife is my favorite....etc.

ak_rep

Rising Star
Registered
Congrats to The King! OTW is definitely more soulful/ organic but Thriller is more chancy and worldly. He released a lot of what I consider great material throughout his life. Even before OTW.

Got the Thriller album for Christmas as a kid. Never stopped playing it.:cool:

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor
I'm a fan of Off The Wall also. I still listen to it... However, Props to the king on the achievement. His music stands the test of time. There are new generations listening to his music.