Thriller to become #1 online video ..guess who is # 1

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
http://mashable.com/2009/08/26/thriller/

Visible Measures, a service that tracks online video usage, has just released their monthly update to the 100 million views club. Despite new appearances like Peanut Butter Jelly Time, which now has 103 million total views across the web, the most notable standout is Michael Jackson’s Thriller music video.

Thriller has found its popularity only heighten after the pop star’s unexpected death at the end of June. According to Visible Measures, the video is still performing strongly with over 80 million views since their July report. This puts the new total at 299 million views, and makes it the number three most watched online video of all time.

With this type of momentum, we certainly expect Thriller to surpass Beyonce’s Single Ladies music video, currently in second place with 314 million views, in the very near future. In fact, the video could well be on its way to become the most popular online video ever. The only video in its way is Soulja Boy’s Crank Dat music video, which stands alone at the top of the chart with 487 million views.

100-million-views-club.jpg

100 million views club

To check our hypothesis, we did a little analysis on the growth rate of views for each video. Crank Dat amassed 51 million new views since the July report, which means it’s growing at a 12% rate. Thriller, however, saw almost a 36% increase in views. If both videos continue to gain traction at the same rate, Thriller could easily take the title of the most watched video of all time in about 3 months.

We’ve included the video below just in case you need a refresher, but we want to know what you think. Will Thriller take the number one spot? Share your thoughts in the comments.

Rick Ronson

Banned
SB killin'... I hate most of his music but applaud his hustle.:cool:

i cant applaud shit but his exit :smh:

:lol:@ single ladies...the lonely bitches anthem (sung by a married woman)

reminds me of that nigga that gets punched in the face and says "it didnt hurt"

what bitch really wants to be lonely...:confused:

i think they do find comfort in knowing they arent alone in being single though.

2 ONE 3

Rising Star
BGOL Investor