Tornadoes…..Mega thread.

MemphisNigga

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I hate this time of the year

AP1GczNHQoi3P-iV2avMDJmfrvaqkvrk8gsaSD8njjl5E2hkXaemfhuDvmtTb9KB3Uti-OOZIkcpdHydx_3vbiaHfHCQbdh3_2n4UELdAcPw3v38aJn8dUFZH9fj-q0oG8T9QdmccOT3dunW6D6ZlkAtmQ5iLqiXf2Rox1vUwi1QQLT2wjF4P16jlN686_H9M4HcwJ5cW4i_-oIXK-yA3QPyUVz-W4_oUCHjqjuGetbYGEe4Pa-tkKwiNOHvK7yQUxFWk9ri5Iakj3U2CkZ8Df3dKQ4rWcQm5mE0axX8aP3wzSn6K-9jdNC0ZRZIU5EsrLZEMNkR1xGIeGP21Gkj52W-dcQyjNl1nVluLJ1v0Nqsf7cLj1pog2lmyWnl03p8N35AukGtHGr5tD_euDP3UtK0uCFYM3cjpF26shrfYHCjNzkL0z-Y-mOhpS4eQG8Zf4YEvYr631U4pS7Mtb-BvKvGJ-J-eL5iMcS7brQgzIbJ_-HrOyLvM3TEDrKfXpiFzDGci62rb6eOZcEHmjqb_HvtYr6OVEaSK6yh9nhzmA2R_Jez1DQHDp_qZFB-foNloCdYVZf9BjsqL7xYugPyCX52BQ1FuqXfK6ttg4n0yCO5n0GMA59htKMyBM4QpEllRkBGka2XEwdX4isysbsZzcpUclcsw1EkL-DaVYF8qdngHZRBpJsa0aULXu953hmdWO3Sm5l832gh1gxPe1TtaDcsYMG_zGdiOqj91KF6bSgguo9KdnHXYy15cOUlP-_3cf2XPCgYYnUFMutHu-kkuMhBSB7qXNE4K1dNnXcUzkrVuRuD9M2htGrtSMxLFgAdEx1z_73spwY-_eux-uyiFmh1cLxHdfs6W7edfy-1Bl5aDh9rl7QxEVDb-wwMV4R9EqOdg9CpL_U1DlxBv7PccyPqmtv-TQ=w320-h240-s-no-gm

DaSupremeWun

Music Producer/Writer
BGOL Investor
One of those things that I can go my whole life without seeing in person that I wouldn’t be mad at
Oh trust me, I feel the same way and I'm in Tornado alley. Last night I heard them Tornado sirens and shit was trying to possibly spawn in my area, the same exact area that it hit last year around this time. A Tornado will come and have it's way with you while saying fuck your feelings and ain't too much of shit you can do about it but take cover. It fucked us last year. The crazy part is that it's still winter season. I got a feeling we gonna have a rough spring out here.

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
Oh trust me, I feel the same way and I'm in Tornado alley. Last night I heard them Tornado sirens and shit was trying to possibly spawn in my area, the same exact area that it hit last year around this time. A Tornado will come and have it's way with you while saying fuck your feelings and ain't too much of shit you can do about it but take cover. It fucked us last year. The crazy part is that it's still winter season. I got a feeling we gonna have a rough spring out here.
Rough spring??? we had tornado outbreaks all through the winter and as you just stated it is still winter.

DaSupremeWun

Music Producer/Writer
BGOL Investor
Rough spring??? we had tornado outbreaks all through the winter and as you just stated it is still winter.
Yea shit is crazy, the climate is all fucked up, everything is off track and mother nature has been pms'ing for awhile now and is taking it out on any & everybody indiscriminately, Yet you got dumbasses thinking global warming is a hoax.

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yes, it went down yesterday.

Nighttime tornadoes too. I think the Storm Prediction Center under-forecasted yesterday’s severe weather event. Turned out to be worse than predicted. They’re usually a lot more aggressive with predictions.

The parts that hit in Ohio were under the slightest risks too. Eastern Oklahoma and Arkansas were under the hatched risk. Just goes to show how unpredictable this all is. Humans can have the fanciest equipmemt but Mother Nature is gonna do what tf she wants.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
Yea shit is crazy, the climate is all fucked up, everything is off track and mother nature has been pms'ing for awhile now and is taking it out on any & everybody indiscriminately, Yet you got dumbasses thinking global warming is a hoax.
I have been talking about climate change for a few years now on this board because I started to see a bunch of shit that’s going wrong. And like I always said, I am a hard-core Democrat and I thought Al Gore was out of his mind in the 90s but come to find out was 150% correct about his predictions. The sad thing about his predictions is a lot of that shit is coming a little earlier than predicted.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member

Nighttime tornadoes too. I think the Storm Prediction Center under-forecasted yesterday’s severe weather event. Turned out to be worse than predicted. They’re usually a lot more aggressive with predictions.

This is the second tornado in about 2-3 weeks. Normally Franklin County doesn't get included in the warnings, but these have been moving closer to us. A few years ago I was on 670 and saw a funnel forming. Scared the hell out of me. It's like the patterns are changing. I meant to fuss you out last time for not giving me a heads up. Got me up in my room praying for these storms to disappate without damage without prior warning

easy_b

BGOL Investor
This is the second tornado in about 2-3 weeks. Normally Franklin County doesn't get included in the warnings, but these have been moving closer to us. A few years ago I was on 670 and saw a funnel forming. Scared the hell out of me. It's like the patterns are changing. I meant to fuss you out last time for not giving me a heads up. Got me up in my room praying for these storms to disappate without damage without prior warning
There’s no such thing as a tornado season anymore because it seems like right now it is year-round. This winter has been the worst for tornado outbreaks.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The parts that hit in Ohio were under the slightest risks too. Eastern Oklahoma and Arkansas were under the hatched risk. Just goes to show how unpredictable this all is. Humans can have the fanciest equipmemt but Mother Nature is gonna do what tf she wants.

Here is my damage and wind report map.

Here is the SPC convective outlook for yesterday. It looks like they predicted more action further south.

day1otlk_20240314_1200_prt.gif

day1probotlk_20240314_1200_torn_prt.gif

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
One of those things that I can go my whole life without seeing in person that I wouldn’t be mad at

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Your area is catching a transitional phase from El Nino to La Nina, where the jet stream moves towards the north. It's happening quickly.

During El Nino season, most precipitation stays in the south, and your area usually doesn't have many convective storms. Plus, intense high pressure on the East Coast caused a significant temperature gradient, which also aids in severe weather. It might be a tough spring for your area. Just be weather-prepared.

I'd also be weary for folks in the South because patterns can change very fast.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Here are the preliminary reports from yesterday. Most of the tornadoes reported were outside the hashed area.

yesterday.gif

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
In Atlanta we don't get many Tornados because of where are location is

TooTrilla

Mil Town Legend
BGOL Investor
Glad I live by the lake. Storms always die down by the time they get to Milwaukee. Out west in WI though :smh: They always catching hell.

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
Your area is catching a transitional phase from El Nino to La Nina, where the jet stream moves towards the north. It's happening quickly.

During El Nino season, most precipitation stays in the south, and your area usually doesn't have many convective storms. Plus, intense high pressure on the East Coast caused a significant temperature gradient, which also aids in severe weather. It might be a tough spring for your area. Just be weather-prepared.

I'd also be weary for folks in the South because patterns can change very fast.
When will el papa come back from the store

easy_b

BGOL Investor
lived here for 44 years bro. I can remember maybe three tornadoes ever touching down in Milwaukee. And they barely did any damage.
Well, for the first time ever (in recorded history ) Wisconsin had a tornado in February so that’s why I said, my original reply towards you

LegendOfLedo

Slayer and Lord of Mid West Heaux
BGOL Investor

They left us in Ohio out to dry. Should have been enhanced risk with all the damn monster tornadoes that dropped. I called my brother 30 minutes before a massive tornado passed him to the north of Columbus.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
They left us in Ohio out to dry. Should have been enhanced risk with all the damn monster tornadoes that dropped. I called my brother 30 minutes before a massive tornado passed him to the north of Columbus.

They really did. I’m surprised. When I looked at some of the forecast models, I thought the forecast was showing intense storms passing through Ohio.

I just read over the convective summary from the SPC from yesterday morning, and they mention that some storms that passed through Ohio earlier that morning was to stabilize the atmosphere reducing the risk of super cells storms. But they also mentioned that if the storms wouldn’t have passed through, then that Ohio area was highly favorable for supercell activity. So they believed there was still a risk, just not enough to extend or upgrade the 5% tornado hash mark for eastern Ohio. It definitely should have been 10%.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i remember a few years ago that one that hit here in Dallas, less than a half a mile from my crib......
fuckin tornado was a quarter mile wide..........looked like the finger of God.......and it happened the day after Christmas,...and at night....
people on the highways and streets couldnt see it, so they didnt know which direction to drive to get out of the way.
only the flashes of lightening could give you an idea of where it was at and where it was heading.....
it wiped out an entire apartment complex............str8 leveled it. so many homes got destroyed. that was the scariest shit i had to witness

3e407a529a32ef34def756539c94bcab.jpg

MESJ7S6_o.jpg

tornado-dallas.jpg

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
i remember a few years ago that one that hit here in Dallas, less than a half a mile from my crib......
fuckin tornado was a quarter mile wide..........looked like the finger of God.......and it happened the day after Christmas,...and at night....
people on the highways and streets couldnt see it, so they didnt know which direction to drive to get out of the way.
only the flashes of lightening could give you an idea of where it was at and where it was heading.....
it wiped out an entire apartment complex............str8 leveled it. so many homes got destroyed. that was the scariest shit i had to witness

3e407a529a32ef34def756539c94bcab.jpg

MESJ7S6_o.jpg

tornado-dallas.jpg

Good gracious man.

Do you remember the exact date?

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Good gracious man.

Do you remember the exact date?
December 26, 2015

Most of the people that died that day were the ones in their cars on the overpasses and whatnot.
It flung cars off the overpass to the hwy below.
And those of us here in Dallas knows how high that George Bush turnpike overpass is that connects to I-30 in Garland.