Tory Lanez Found GUITLY Of Shooting Megan Thee Stallion

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
I'm sorry y'all could say I'm heartless but that little short bitch made dude having these two as family members proved so so much about him....

fu2

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Another reason why an attorney may not choose to have his or her client take the stand has to do with cross-examination. This issue came up recently in an article in The New York Times, which summed it up this way: “Unlike an ordinary conversation, in which one can steer away from unpleasant topics, the very nature of the opponent’s questioning is to make the witness uncomfortable.” Think about the average person’s response to discussing an uncomfortable topic: sweating palms, squirming in the seat, trying to avoid eye contact – all of these are normal responses to dealing with awkward situations. And all of them could elicit a negative response from a jury, who might unconsciously view them as signs of guilt.

It is clear why the defense didn't put Tory on the stand because the prosecution was allowed to bring in evidence Tory's lyrics and his past grievances with the law.
"The decision came after his "CAP" music video was deemed valid evidence against him".

Queally also tweeted that the Sorry 4 What artist’s driver, who was present on the evening the Grammy winner was allegedly shot, will not testify, as it could prolong the trial even further.

“Jaquan Smith, Tory’s driver, was present and on defense witness list but prosecutors asked for a continuance past the Christmas break if he was to testify, per defense attorney George Mgdesyan. At his clients request not to delay proceedings, Mgdesyan declined to call him.”

With that state the case happened in, Tory will do some jail time before that appeal takes place if it all that some are saying because of that state's laws.

In the era of clout chasing and trying to win in the court of public opinion, it's very easy for you to fuck yourself like Tory and many others have.

Me and a friend were talking about the point where this could have been saved was when the driver/security allowed the people who were not in their right minds to control the situation. You know why Tory stayed, you know why Meg is mad and how she gets, you know you in Cacsville Los Angeles, you know there is a gun in the car. In situations like that, it's worth it to lose your job, "friendships", and access to pussy and places associated with your client by doing the smart thing for everybody.

Now it will be interesting to see how the industry responds.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
Rapper Tory Lanez found guilty on all charges in shooting of Megan Thee Stallion
The rapper was charged with shooting Megan Thee Stallion on July 12, 2020.
ByDeena Zaru
December 24, 2022, 3:50 AM

2:55

Closing arguments begin in the Megan Thee Stallion trial
Closing arguments begin in the Megan Thee Stallion trial
Lawyers for Tory Lanez are not denying the fact that Megan Thee Stallion was shot but are saying their client wa...Read More

A jury in Los Angeles found rapper Tory Lanez guilty on all three charges in the shooting of hip-hop star Megan Thee Stallion on July 12, 2020 in the Hollywood Hills.

"The jury got it right. I am thankful there is justice for Meg," Megan Thee Stallion's attorney Alex Spiro told ABC News in a statement after the verdict was announced Friday afternoon.

Chaos reportedly broke out in the court room after the verdict was announced, with Lanez's father screaming at prosecutors, calling them "witches" and "evil," according to Los Angeles station KABC.

"You two are evil, wicked," Lanez's father yelled at prosecutors as the jury left the court room, while Lanez's defense attorneys tried to deescalate the situation.

Lanez was later taken into custody.

MORE: 6 takeaways from the Tory Lanez trial as he faces charges for allegedly shooting Megan Thee Stallion

Lanez's defense attorney George Mgdesyan told ABC News in a phone interview Friday evening that Lanez and his team were "shocked" by the guilty verdict.

"We're very disappointed, shocked and didn't expect it," he said. "We didn't think the people could prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt."

Asked if they plan to appeal, Mgdesyan told ABC News that they "will deal with all post-trial motions at the appropriate time," including an appeal.

"We are going to do everything we can. This fight is not over," he said.

He said Lanez was "very surprised, very disappointed, shocked but he holds strong onto his faith and believes the truth will come out."

Sentencing is scheduled for Jan. 27 at 8:30 a.m. local time, according to KABC.

Los Angeles County District Attorney George Gascón in a statement recognized the "bravery" of Megan Thee Stallion, whose legal name is Megan Pete, pointing to some of the commentary around the case.

"You showed incredible courage and vulnerability with your testimony despite repeated and grotesque attacks that you did not deserve," he wrote. "You faced unjust and despicable scrutiny that no woman should ever face and you have been an inspiration to others across LA County and the nation."

This case has sparked intense debates over society's treatment of women, and Megan's account of the incident -- and the intense public vitriol she faced after sharing her story -- has spotlighted the Protect Black Women movement, which addresses the two-front battle of sexism and racism Black women experience in their own communities and in society at large.

In this Dec. 13, 2022, file photo, singer Tory Lanez returns to the Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center for his trial in Los Angeles.
Damian Dovarganes/AP, FILE
"Even as a victim, I have been met with skepticism and judgment," Megan wrote in an op-ed for The New York Times published on Oct. 13, 2020. "There's not much room for passionate advocacy if you are a Black woman."

MORE: Key witness in Tory Lanez trial 'surrendered' after disappearing ahead of his testimony

"Women, especially Black women, are afraid to report crimes like assault and sexual violence because they are too often not believed," Gascón said in his Friday statement.

"It's ridiculous that some people think the simple phrase 'Protect Black Women' is controversial. We deserve to be protected as human beings," Pete wrote in the 2020 op-ed.

MORE: Closing arguments in Megan Thee Stallion shooting case

The jury, including alternates, was made up of nine women and five men, including four Black jurors. They deliberated for seven hours over two days before finding Lanez guilty.

During the two-week trial, jurors heard testimony from various witnesses, including Pete herself. Pete's former friend Kelsey Harris, who was one of four people present when Pete was shot, also testified.

Harris initially corroborated details that point to Lanez as the alleged shooter in a September video interview with prosecutors but changed her story on the witness stand last week.

A key piece of evidence presented to the jury was a text message Harris sent to Pete's then-body guard Justin Edison moments after the incident, saying, "Help Tory shot Meg 911."

"I don't know why I said that to Justin. I didn't see anything happen," Harris testified, according to Los Angeles' KABC.

Edison, who was subpoenaed to testify in this case, went missing a day before his scheduled testimony last Friday, his father told "GMA," but as the jury deliberated, his family announced he was located.

Witnesses also included police who responded to the shooting, forensic experts who examined DNA evidence on the gun, a doctor who treated Megan's foot injuries and a neighbor who witnessed the shooting from his home.Pete testified last week that on the night of July 12, 2020, she got out of a car following an argument with Lanez and as she walked away, she turned her head and saw him with a gun, according to a reporter with Los Angeles ABC station KABC, who was in the courtroom.

TooTrilla

Mil Town Legend
BGOL Investor
Problem for Meg is that no one has to speculate whether or not she is a hoe or at a bare minimum, shiesty. Her rep and the image she has created has to take a hit.

She might as well put rap in the backseat and write a book.
Her and every other female rapper's lyrics are all literally about pussy, dick, and fucking. No one cares who or how many people she slept with.

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
The dummy was a social media talking shit. So she had to come out defend herself. No saying he shot her.....butttt he should've just stfu

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Actual footage of the cops hauling Tory to jail!!

WellwornSplendidKilldeer-size_restricted.gif
I was brushing my teeth, you rude MF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIMEISMONEY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah the whole thing is sad after a night of partying. I think Megan long term is going to be affected by this situation too. She'll do alright with the protect black woman narrative and could milk it for a year or two, but beyond that will be interesting.

If you notice, you aren't seeing any big name artists really coming out on social media cosigning this verdict.
Everybody know it's bullshit! Nobody actually got shot, just fragments. This was all due to Meg's emotions....

As Black Men, we need to take even more protections now dealing with any woman. We are the world's scapegoat, once we're in the picture.....

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You have 3 drunks. Two who happened to be famous and rich. One man and two women. The man is fucking both, while also trying to fuck a well known white chick earlier that night. One the women got in her feeling about it(MEG) and decided to use that as an excuse to shit on his career. He took exception to it. At some point all three begin to argue. With his anger mostly being directed toward Meg. He pulls out a gun and tells the "bitch to dance" while firing shots.

You have eye witnesses see the man shooting the gun. The bff tells the cops in a recorded interview that Tory shot the gun. The bff sends a text saying he shot the gun. And Tory very apologetic about something that happened that night. Never says what though.

The jury decided he was guilty based on that. Meg said he shot her. Thee bff said he shot Meg. She didn't shoot herself, so those two were the only ones who could've done it. No one ever puts the gun in Kelseys, other than the defense trying to save Tory.

BETWEEN THESE 2 POSTS :itsawrap::itsawrap::itsawrap::itsawrap:

END TOPIC.

dude fucked up

he broke the code and let his emotions get away from him

now his career's fucked and he's just another dumbass going to jail for dumbshit

he controlled his actions in that whole situation and look at where it got him???

what-did-i-learn-from-all-of-this-discover.gif

FittingMajorAzurevasesponge-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

5f32b69f-b46e-42ce-a47a-bcc98149ba53_text.gif

BowedGlaringDodo-size_restricted.gif

e8ffb956994984998d94011cc1eb4602.gif

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
BGOL Lawyers: what are his chances of an appeal
I thought there was enough doubt on all sides for a not guilty verdict or mistrial
Maybe he should have testified. I'm thinking if I didn't commit a crime and looking at 22 years, I'm definitely telling my story, regardless of what the lawyers say/suggest
Thats not a good idea

Lawyers telling u not to testify is telling u that for a reason

HeavyArmz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Initially, the case appeared flimsy AF concerning a jury conviction until the Witness for the Defense testified as follows....

Neighbor who witnessed shooting from his home speaks out
According to police, there were four individuals present when the incident took place: Pete and another women, Kelsey Harris, along with Lanez and his bodyguard Jaquan Smith, who was the driver that night.
Sean Kelly, who witnessed the alleged shooting from his home, testified that an individual he identified as Lanez fired shots but he also said he thought one of the women fired shots because he saw "flashes" near the Harris and Pete.
He said that he didn't see a gun but saw Pete and Harris arguing and that the argument escalated and "got quite violent."
He said on Monday that he "saw a muzzle flash" and then Lanez got out of the car after the initial flashes and then he saw more flashes.
He testified that Lanez was "firing everywhere" and appeared angry.

Harris and Pete were friends at the time of the shooting but have since been estranged, according to their court testimonies. Asked if Harris shot her, during her testimony, Pete said no. And asked if she was the shooter during her testimony, Harris also said "no."

And this was Tory’s witness! People been following these blog sites instead of actual court reporters who do this for a living. This case was cut and dry.

“Lanez is facing three felony charges: assault with a semi-automatic firearm, possession of a concealed, unregistered firearm and negligent discharge of a firearm. If convicted, Peterson faces up to 22 years in prison and/or possible deportation back to Canada.”

Like these charges are cut and dry. You got niggas mad saying Tory shot in the air. Cool, but he’s being charged with negligent discharge of a firearm and possession.

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
FIRST and foremost, he was NOT convicted of shooting Meg. Period.

Convictions were for:

1. Assault with a Semi-Automatic Handgun
2. Carrying A Loaded Unregistered Firearm in a Vehicle
3. Discharging a Firearm with Gross Negligence

None....let me repeat muthafuckas, NONE of these offenses require that anyone actually got hit with a bullet.....hell, the first offense does not even require that the gun was fired at all.

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
They

And this was Tory’s witness! People been following these blog sites instead of actual court reporters who do this for a living. This case was cut and dry.

“Lanez is facing three felony charges: assault with a semi-automatic firearm, possession of a concealed, unregistered firearm and negligent discharge of a firearm. If convicted, Peterson faces up to 22 years in prison and/or possible deportation back to Canada.”

Like these charges are cut and dry. You got niggas mad saying Tory shot in the air. Cool, but he’s being charged with negligent discharge of a firearm and possession

They make u do time b4 they deport u

Trust me i know enough ppl who got deported

But none from Canada everybody i know that got sent back was from Jamaica, Trinidad, Antigua, n Guyana

Either way none of them had the option they had to do their time my dude who came over here when he was 5 did 10 yrs then the day he was suppose to come home they snatched his ass up thinking they was gonna let him stay lol nah nigga we don't care u married we don't care u don't have any family back home U GOING BACK

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Convictions were for:

None....let me repeat muthafuckas, NONE of these offenses require that anyone actually got hit with a bullet.....hell, the first offense does not even require that the gun was fired at all.

Who'd he get convicted of assaulting with a semiautomatic handgun?

OrderlyIdleGrouper-max-1mb.gif

HeavyArmz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I thought there was enough doubt on all sides for a not guilty verdict or mistrial
Maybe he should have testified. I'm thinking if I didn't commit a crime and looking at 22 years, I'm definitely telling my story, regardless of what the lawyers say/suggest

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ok. No one gives a fuck about the details. He did fucking shoot her and he knows it. He faces 20 years even if he wasn’t convicted of shooting her. If there was no gun and no ignorant man starting up and doing dumb shit none of this would have happened.

He is a known hot head.

We know he did the shit.

Convictions were for:

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yes. Everyone knows this. He is going to do his time and go back to whatever his original country is. He cannot legally live in the United States. That is for damn sure.
They

They make u do time b4 they deport u

Trust me i know enough ppl who got deported

But none from Canada everybody i know that got sent back was from Jamaica, Trinidad, Antigua, n Guyana

Either way none of them had the option they had to do their time my dude who came over here when he was 5 did 10 yrs then the day he was suppose to come home they snatched his ass up thinking they was gonna let him stay lol nah nigga we don't care u married we don't care u don't have any family back home U GOING BACK

Darrkman

BGOL Investor

Convictions were for:

Ummmm. Assault with a handgun means you shot somebody.

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yeah if you read what happened in court you'll understand why he was convicted. Witnesses not showing up to court and a broad that was there change her testimony on the stand. She told the police Tori shot her and she sent a text to the bodyguard that night saying Tori shot Meg. Read that article, it's all there. Tory don't got no one to blame but himself. :smh:

Lay people fail to understand a jury's reliance on the participants statements and reports of the events that were made at the time or shortly after the event in question. What people on the scene said AT THE TIME, while still under the stress of the event carry's a lot of weight in court. These statements were made prior to the participants having one or two years to change their story or narrative.

They also rely heavily on prior statements of the witnesses, like this recording that was played.

"Megan Thee Stallion's ex-friend Kelsey Harris says she absolutely saw Tory Lanez firing a gun at Meg -- that's what she told police back in September, and today the jury heard that whole exchange.

............. Friday prosecutors played audio of the entire interview she did with cops earlier this year ... when she spilled every detail from that July 2020 night.

Kelsey says while they were in the SUV -- after the party at Kylie Jenner's house -- she and Tory first got into an argument when he made fun of Megan. When Kelsey came to her friend's defense, she claims Tory said, "My n****, I'm gonna shoot you." Kelsey says Tory reached toward the center console, but didn't do anything more than that.

However, the vehicle was pulled over at that point. Then she says Meg and Tory started insulting each other's careers, and things got so heated, both Meg and Kelsey got out of the SUV.

Almost immediately Kelsey says she started hearing gunshots, and after the 2nd or 3rd shot she turned around and says she saw Tory in the front seat firing the gun forward, over the open right front door in Meg's direction.

Kelsey was outside of the vehicle, but behind Tory and could only see Meg from the chest up. She ran toward Megan "in defense mode," and saw her bleeding ... and Tory was still sitting in the front seat, apparently in shock.

She claims Tory walked toward them, and that's when Kelsey and Tory started fighting. She describes it as Tory assaulting her, and adds she did not see a gun at that point.

Once they all got back in the SUV, Kelsey says she texted Megan's security, "911. Tory shot Meg."

Once the police arrived, Kelsey claims Tory told them not to say anything to officers because he was about to sign a big deal, and he offered both women $1 million each.

That's all that's been played of Kelsey's interview so far, but there's more to come after the lunch break.

Obviously, the audio reveals just about everything Kelsey skirted talking about on the stand -- with a lot of I don't recalls -- but her memory sounded pretty solid a few months ago."

If the jury believed this prior statement....his ass was toast.

Darrkman

BGOL Investor
Lanez is a 5'3" dude that is known to have an attitude. He got into an argument with a woman who is taller than he is, more physically attractive than he is and professionally more successful than he is. All that is tailor made to set off a little insecure dude like Tory Lanez. Add to it that he's been drinking and all you dudes in here know he shot her.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Like these charges are cut and dry. You got niggas mad saying Tory shot in the air. Cool, but he’s being charged with negligent discharge of a firearm and possession.

How is assault with a semi-automatic firearm defined? For me, that means Tory was found guilty of firing a gun. It doesn't matter the intent or where it was aimed. Meg was hurt due to a unregistered gun being fired. I'm also going to assume this was the most serious of the three charges.

The issue is reasonable doubt on this charge. If two people supposedly fired a weapon, you can't say definitively which of the two shot Meg. To some of your point, we were not in the court so there is the possibility that they proved through forensics the shoots fired by Tory were the ones that hit Meg. However, that has not been mentioned.

Speaking for myself and to be clear I'm not saying Tory did not shot Meg. I also believe Tory's actions and ego caused his current situation. All I'm saying is unless forensics were presented as evidence and lead one to believe Tory firing the gun harmed Meg, the jury should not have convicted him of the assault charge based off the testimony of the witness. I'm not questioning the other two charges and he was proven guilty of them.

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Who'd he get convicted of assaulting with a semiautomatic handgun?

OrderlyIdleGrouper-max-1mb.gif
Ummmm. Assault with a handgun means you shot somebody.

WRONG and WRONG.

Most lay people mistakenly believe 'assault' requires physical contact. That is incorrect. Simply pointing a firearm at another person can constitute the offense.

"To be convicted under Penal Code 245(a)(2), the prosecution must prove beyond a reasonable doubt each of the following elements:

1. You acted with a firearm1 in such a manner and by its nature would directly and reasonably result in the application of force upon another person.
  2. Your act was intentional.
  3. When you acted, you did so with the awareness of a reasonable person that your act would directly and probably result in the application of force on another person.
  4. And when you acted, you had the present ability to apply force with the firearm.

Example
Pointing a loaded firearm at someone constitutes this offense, regardless of your stated intent to shoot that person since your act could have resulted in the application of force.

Other examples include:

Pistol whipping someone regardless if the firearm was loaded

Shooting at someone though intentionally missing them

Waving a loaded firearm at a person"

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Chances he will appeal? 100%
Chances he will win his appeal? 0%

Appeals generally are about LEGAL mistakes. Whether the jury believed the testimony on any particular witness is a FACTUAL determination, not legal and appeals courts are very, very, very reluctant to substitute their judgment of the facts of a case for that of the jury who was able to watch how the witness testified and judge not just the words, but the demeanor of the witness when judging credibility.