Tory Lanez Found GUITLY Of Shooting Megan Thee Stallion

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
All of that adds up to SOME STUPID AVOIDABLE BULLSHIT all those grown ass people should have walked away from.

ALL OF THEM should have some punishment and negative effect happening to them for just being a part of that bullshit....there are no winners here!

They all played a part but ultimately Meg was shot and is the victim. Even if you believe a fight broke out, why did a gun come into play. Her punishment was literally being shot.

The other thing is there is no way to know how people in the industry really feel about this or potential audiences, so who is to say how this will impact Meg long-term.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They all played a part but ultimately Meg was shot and is the victim. Even if you believe a fight broke out, why did a gun come into play. Her punishment was literally being shot.

The other thing is there is no way to know how people in the industry really feel about this or potential audiences, so who is to say how this will impact Meg long-term.
I'm pretty sure it won't have much if any impact.. between this incident and her image prior to it and the fact that she had a hit with the song WET ASS PUSSY..and got rewarded for it...all of that plays into people's perception and stereotype of her anyway...so long as she stays in her lane of entertainment she'll be fine...her biggest worry is just as she supplanted Nikki Minaj there's some fat ass chick waiting to supplant her...the new flavor might happen by this summer.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just don't understand this. You in the middle of a foreign neighborhood and you firing shots in the air?? I haven't been following the trial at all. So if I'm understanding this correctly, she wasn't shot directly in the foot, she just caught shrapnel?

From all I've seen and heard, the evidence points to (a) bullet fragment(s) entering her foot. Which is why a lot of people have a hard time understanding how Tory was accused/ convicted of shooting Meg. That is a moot point, cuz nonetheless she did catch shrapnel from a shot that was in her direction.

Tory never outright said it was Kelsey shooting
Kelsey was never gonna say she was drunk and did it.
She was never gonna say that she was carrying a gun which is why she was able to go to the car and retrieve it so quickly.
So he wanted to take the charge on the chin "like a man".....here it is Canada man....guilty!!

Frankly speaking, neither of those broads are even still talking to him.
Also this conviction is serious, he's getting deported and his career is in the sewer....
I ain't gonna lie, none of those women are his wife or had his kids....it's not "player," but I wouldn't fault him for at least trying to defend himself and put some doubt in the minds of the jury.....he didn't even try to do that.
So what I look like trying to defend someone that won't defend themselves?

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
From all I've seen and heard, the evidence points to (a) bullet fragment(s) entering her foot. Which is why a lot of people have a hard time understanding how Tory was accused/ convicted of shooting Meg. That is a moot point, cuz nonetheless she did catch shrapnel from a shot that was in her direction.

Tory never outright said it was Kelsey shooting
Kelsey was never gonna say she was drunk and did it.
She was never gonna say that she was carrying a gun which is why she was able to go to the car and retrieve it so quickly.
So he wanted to take the charge on the chin "like a man".....here it is Canada man....guilty!!

Frankly speaking, neither of those broads are even still talking to him.
Also this conviction is serious, he's getting deported and his career is in the sewer....
I ain't gonna lie, none of those women are his wife or had his kids....it's not "player," but I wouldn't fault him for at least trying to defend himself and put some doubt in the minds of the jury.....he didn't even try to do that.
So what I look like trying to defend someone that won't defend themselves?
I will admit that I didn't know about Cali gun laws which is are stricter than NY. So even if he was found not guilty of shooting her, the unregistered gun alone would jam him for up to 3 yrs

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
Tory Lanez Hires Suge Knight’s Former Lawyer David Kenner
Kenner served as the chief attorney of Death Row Records and previously represented Snoop Dogg.

Tory Lanez is heading back to court but, this time, with a new legal team behind him.

According to reporter Meghann Cuniff, the rapper has retained the services of attorney Rob Kenner, who famously represented Suge Knight in a robbery case and Snoop Dogg in the past. Kenner is expected to accompany the incarcerated hitmaker to his next court date on Tuesday (Jan. 10). The move follows the firing of Lanez’s previous attorney George Mgdesyan, one of the lawyers who represented him during his trial for allegedly shooting Megan Thee Stallion.

“Regarding Tory Lanez’s Tuesday court date, yes, there is a date listed on the jail roster,” Cuniff tweeted on Sunday (Jan. 8). “It’s not on Judge Herriford’s calendar, and he’s got a bunch of other stuff at the time. Attorney David Kenner confirmed to me last week he’s now representing Tory.”

She also notes that the timing of Kenner’s hiring is unconventional being that any post-conviction motion being filed and heard so soon following trial is highly improbable.
https://www.vibe.com/news/national/tory-lanez-sentencing-delayed-megan-thee-stallion-1234726456/
“Some clues about what’s going on: Prosecutors tried to add a bribery count to Tory’s charges during trial, which the judge rejected,” she tweeted. “Any post-conviction motion from David Kenner regarding false evidence or witness testimony is very unlikely to come this quick.”

Yet, Cuniff says that while there is a chance that Kenner could request the judge reduce his felony charges to a misdemeanor, but the ruling is unlikely to be changed in his favor.
“To be clear: We really have no idea what this is, and there is no way any serious post-conviction motion would be filed and heard this quick. Tory was convicted on Dec. 23 and there was a huge holiday break. There is no way there’s been a serious motion fully briefed.”

Cuniff continued in the thread, adding, “Again, Everything we’re discussing here is standard and expected post-conviction litigation – asking judge to reduce to misdemeanors, requesting new trial based on perceived issues with evidence/witnesses – but David Kenner only recently got on the case. Give it time.

Last month, Lanez, born Daystar Peterson, was convicted of assault with a semiautomatic handgun, carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle, and discharging a firearm with gross negligence. The charges stemmed from the 2020 incident in which Megan Thee Stallion accused the “Say It” crooner of shooting her in her feet during a verbal and physical altercation.

The artist has maintained his innocence and is scheduled to appear for sentencing later this month. He is facing up to 22 years in prison and deportation to Canada.

https://www.vibe.com/news/national/tory-lanez-hires-suge-knight-lawyer-david-kenner-1234725200/

christop

Rising Star
Registered
I'm really confused by this.

Do dudes like Tory's music that much?

Who shot her, grassy knoll shooter?
It's not just men I know women that don't believe it also personally. One of my best friends never believed it she's a Tory stan. He's talented no doubt but not that damn good. Idk what it is lol.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This nigga has painted on hair. Nigga was that shit off. :roflmao:
b6sa.gif

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

MEGAN THEE STALLION & TORY LANEZ TRIAL EXPLORED IN ‘LOUDER THAN A RIOT’ PODCAST
by MICHAEL SAPONARA
Published on: Mar 17, 2023, 3:30 PM PDT
https://www.facebook.com/dialog/sha...ee-stallion-tory-lanez-trial-louder-than-riot
Megan Thee Stallion and Tory Lanez’s highly-publicized shooting trial has been thoroughly explored in a new episode of the Louder Than A Riot podcast.

Hosted by Sidney Madden and Rodney Carmichael, the NPR podcast kicked off Season 2 on Thursday (March 16) with “Megan’s Rule,” an examination of misogynoir in Hip Hop through the lens of the divisive Megan and Tory trial.

Lanez was found guilty on all counts of shooting Meg in the feet during a drunken dispute in July 2020 following a high-profile two-week trial in Los Angeles in December.

The Sorry 4 What artist faces up to 22 years and eight months in prison, as well as subsequent deportation to his native Canada. However, Lanez’s sentencing has been delayed in order to give his legal team more time for a new trial.

There will be a new motion heard on April 10 to determine if the Canadian singer will be granted another trial, but if a judge rejects the motion, he will be sentenced on the same day.

Listen to the episode of Louder Than A Riot below:

In addition to Madden and Carmichael, Louder Than A Riot producer Gabby Bulgarelli and sociologist Moya Bailer, who coined the term misogynoir, also provide commentary throughout the 37-minute episode.

“If you’re denying misogynoir, then you’re just denying reality,” Bailey said.

The episode explores the combative divide between the fans of both parties as well as how the media covered the trial and rappers such as 50 Cent and Joe Budden downplaying Megan’s story.
“Hip Hop is in a paradigm-shifting moment right now. 50 years in, Black women and femmes are running the rap game,” Madden added. “But this is happening at the same time that we are being assaulted, ridiculed, discriminated against in new ways everyday.”
Following the trial, Megan is slowly reintegrating herself back into the public eye. The Houston Hottie celebrated her 28th birthday last month and she’s slated to return to H-Town for her first hometown performance since 2019 when she headlines the AT&T Block Party on March 31.
The three-day festival will be held at Discovery Green park to coincide with Houston hosting the NCAA Final Four to celebrate this year’s men’s March Madness tournament. Fans can register for free tickets to the March Madness Music Festival via the NCAA website.
Look for more episodes of Season 2 to be rolled out weekly as Louder Than A Riot untangles “the unwritten rules of rap that stigmatize Black women and queer people, ultimately holding the entire culture back.”

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Tory Lanez Files Motion for New Trial After Shooting Conviction
By Bethy Squires, a Vulture news blogger who covers comedy

1df40d8c1083e5e645f3dc690062749716-tory-lanez.rsquare.w330.jpg

After being found guilty of the 2020 shooting of Megan Thee Stallion, Tory Lanez (born Daystar Peterson) has filed a motion for a new trial. In documents obtained by Rolling Stone, Lanez’s lawyers argue that juror were “erroneously allowed” to view an Instagram comment made by Lanez’s account claiming Megan Thee Stallion’s former best friend Kelsey Harris was not the shooter. The Shade Room made a post which read “People saying Kelsey shot her,” to which Lanez’ account replied “That’s not true.” The defense’s whole case hinged on asserting that Harris was the shooter.

However, on April 6, L.A. prosecutors opposed the motion filed by Lanez, calling the evidence against him “overwhelming,” according to legal affairs reporter Meghann Cuniff. The 16-page opposition against Lanez’s motion states that “the defendant’s brief is replete with colorful rhetoric and conclusory statements, but it lacks substance. Despite being nearly 80 pages long, the defendant has failed to cite a single instance of error in the trial court.” On Monday, April 10, Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge David J. Herriford is expected to consider the motion, and if it is rejected, Lanez’s sentencing will remain scheduled for sometime in late April or early May.

The Instagram comment was allegedly admitted into evidence mid-trial, which did not give defense the time needed to determine who was posting as Lanez at the time. Lanez’s filing includes a declaration from content creator Joshua Farias that he was the one using Lanez’s IG account at the time and wrote the refutation of The Shade Room’s post. “The court erred on numerous questions of law in allowing the People to introduce this post, depriving defendant of a fair trial,” the motion reads. “The only acceptable remedy for this miscarriage of justice is a new trial.”

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Megan Thee Stallion Says ‘People Treated My Trauma As a Running Joke’ During Tory Lanez Trial​

By Zoe Guy, a news writer who covers film, TV, music, and celebrities
c6a9104643422d3be8aba37c4aac173feb-megan-the-stallion-court.rsquare.w330.jpg

Megan Thee Stallion on her way to testify in the trial of Tory Lanez, who was later convicted of three felony counts. Photo: Jason Armond/Los Angeles Times via Getty Images

Megan Thee Stallion didn’t think she would be harassed for telling the truth. “It never crossed my mind that people wouldn’t believe me,” she told Elle on April 18 in her first interview addressing the trial in which Tory Lanez was convicted of three felony counts for shooting her in 2020. “Still, I knew the truth and the indisputable facts would prevail. I had worked way too hard to reach this point in my career to let taunts deter me. When the guilty verdict came on Dec. 23, 2022, it was more than just vindication for me, it was a victory for every woman who has ever been shamed, dismissed, and blamed for a violent crime committed against them.” She noted that her attacker, who was once part of her inner circle, “laughed and joked about my trauma” while trying “to leverage social media to take away my power.”

“I could have let the adversity break me, but I persevered, even as people treated my trauma like a running joke,” Megan said, likely referring to the likes of 50 Cent, DJ Akademiks, Drake, and 21 Savage — who publicly mocked her.

“First, there were conspiracy theories that I was never shot. Then came the false narratives that my former best friend shot me. Even some of my peers in the music industry piled on with memes, jokes, and sneak disses, and completely ignored the fact that I could have lost my life. Instead of condemning any form of violence against a woman, these individuals tried to justify my attacker’s actions.”

Following the guilty verdict, Megan stepped away from social media and took time for herself. And now, after speaking publicly about the matter, she no longer wishes to discuss the trial with the press any further. “I understand the public intrigue, but for the sake of my mental health, I don’t plan to keep reliving the most traumatic experience of my life over and over again. I’m choosing to change the narrative because I’m more than just my trauma.”

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
Tell me you haven’t followed the situation without telling me.

Tell me if this doesn’t sway your opinion.

I followed this shit since the trial had started.

So, I don't know what you talking about.

If he was innocent then why he didn't testified in court to prove his innocence.

I don't give a fuck about that social media bullshit video you just posted.

Last edited: