Turkey Leg Hut is being sued by US Foods Inc. for $1.3 million

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn, shit is sad that this successful business seems to be on its way out.
Not sure why people here are dancing on their graves and celebrating this downfall.
I never went to the place because I'm not into their food like that, but I always wish any black-owned company success.
Seems like the wife was hell bent on taking the business down. SMH

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
From the other thread thought she just fired the husband. But seeing she wasn't paying employees and then fired half of them, is biz that slow? I'm surprised by that, but this economy is hitting so many biz owners that I know. Everyone is slow right now. Nobody spending, especially not on $20 turkey legs.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Here’s what not to do when running a business. Somebody please post the blueprint that put turkey leg hut in this situation. They went from shit to sugar and from sugar to shit. 360 deal :roflmao:
My guess.....

78493021-2037-484f-8871-f018a32f1d83.sized-1000x1000.gif

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My guess.....

78493021-2037-484f-8871-f018a32f1d83.sized-1000x1000.gif
It's always tax shit and not paying suppliers. Once you start making the money and living the high life, you want to keep up that image, so you start fucking over people to keep those profits high. Corporations do it all the time but call it "restructuring". If sales take a dip but that Range Rover payment is due, you'll short the gravy dude that month and let it roll over into next month

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's always tax shit and not paying suppliers. Once you start making the money and living the high life, you want to keep up that image, so you start fucking over people to keep those profits high. Corporations do it all the time but call it "restructuring". If sales take a dip but that Range Rover payment is due, you'll short the gravy dude that month and let it roll over into next month
:roflmao:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Damn, shit is sad that this successful business seems to be on its way out.
Not sure why people here are dancing on their graves and celebrating this downfall.
I never went to the place because I'm not into their food like that, but I always wish any black-owned company success.
Seems like the wife was hell bent on taking the business down. SMH
We wished it well
Then they didn't do right
No need to be sad about them not doing right when they could have

YoungSinister

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Real fucking shit….

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
What exactly did they not "do right" in the past? I know y'all ain't still in y'alls feelings over the dress code.
Lmao
Idgaf about the turkey hut brodie

If the husband was stealing millions living it up
Now the wife is firing half the work force and the people are unpaid with checks bouncing

What in the entire fuck do you mean what did they "not do right"?

Lmao

Well they black so support em and don't call em out for the treachery and just let them fuck over other black ppl cause it's black owned

And I'm not saying that's what you're saying. I'm saying that's what it looks like when you question why people are "dancing" at their demise

They not getting ideas stolen or a conglomerate stopping them or the city shutting them down

They did this to themselves

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lmao
Idgaf about the turkey hut brodie

If the husband was stealing millions living it up
Now the wife is firing half the work force and the people are unpaid with checks bouncing

What in the entire fuck do you mean what did they "not do right"?

Lmao

Well they black so support em and don't call em out for the treachery and just let them fuck over other black ppl cause it's black owned

And I'm not saying that's what you're saying. I'm saying that's what it looks like when you question why people are "dancing" at their demise

They not getting ideas stolen or a conglomerate stopping them or the city shutting them down

They did this to themselves
The news about them firing half the staff just broke today, but people in this thread been shitting on this company for over a year so that can't be it.
And "the husband stealing millions and living it up", has that been proven or just a bitter soon-to-be ex-wife?
The city and other powers that be in this town been trying to bring Turkey Leg Hut down for years now, but it looks like in the end attention-whoring niggas who don't know how to dress properly in public and this divorce is what ultimately brought it down.

Last edited:

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Not gonna rehash what's already been said, but the dress code was put into place cuz some black folks don't know how to act and dress in public.
Niggas see "black-owned business" and think it's a pass to twerk on tables and show up dressed half-naked.
The implementation was a bigger issue than the dress code. Everytime the owner(s) were shown they came off as loud, ghetto, unprofessional, with lack of respect for customers.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
From the other thread thought she just fired the husband. But seeing she wasn't paying employees and then fired half of them, is biz that slow? I'm surprised by that, but this economy is hitting so many biz owners that I know. Everyone is slow right now. Nobody spending, especially not on $20 turkey legs.
Business has been slow. All of us in the business community have talked about it. The last two years was crazy money (even with covid) those stimulus checks were helping us.

I do believe things will start swing back up again though...hopefully

Last edited:

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We wished it well
Then they didn't do right
No need to be sad about them not doing right when they could have
I know people gave them shit about a dress code, because they said she was trying to discriminate against black people. I didn't agree. People think because you're black, you're supposed to tolerate black foolishness. Nah brah. Put some fucking clothes on.

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The implementation was a bigger issue than the dress code. Everytime the owner(s) were shown they came off as loud, ghetto, unprofessional, with lack of respect for customers.
I remember this too. If they were conducting themselves like Gus Fringe, then I get it. You can't sit on the throne on Hoodrat Mountain, and look down at hood bullshit.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
They could start doing pop up shops again.. didn’t they do that in atl a few yrs ago?.. sometimes you got to switch the blueprint up when obstacles are put in place. Their concept seemed to get much love and people liked their product.. so maybe try new things with it.. would hate to see a good product disappear completely

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
The news about them firing half the staff just broke today, but people in this thread been shitting on this company for over a year so that can't be it.
And "the husband stealing millions and living it up", has that been proven or just a bitter soon-to-be ex-wife?
The city and other powers that be in this town been trying to bring Turkey Leg Hut down for years now, but it looks like in the end attention-whoring niggas who don't know how to dress properly in public and this divorce is what ultimately brought it down.
How does one dress properly in public?

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I know people gave them shit about a dress code, because they said she was trying to discriminate against black people. I didn't agree. People think because you're black, you're supposed to tolerate black foolishness. Nah brah. Put some fucking clothes on.

But they're not falling because people didn't dress
They're falling because they didn't know how to run a successful business

Which is kinda funny because they telling you how to conduct yourself properly while not being able to do it themselves

I've been in 3 star Michelin restaurants where white folks had on Bahama shorts and flip flops with not a word uttered at them

But at the turkey hut you gotta dress to impress

It's all good if that's what they wanted for their establishment

I wouldn't go to it on principle because I'm just trying to get something to eat
If I wanted to dress up I would and if I don't want to I should be allowed to have that option and get good service

I ain't begging nobody to spend my own money

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
If you saw the way some folks were dressed at the place, you would already know the answer.
Hell, some fat bitch walked through their butt naked one time.
Don't be purposely dense just to try and prove a point.
I'm not being dense hombre
I'm asking you to provide examples you've already assigned things to me about being in my feelings that didn't apply

You keep going respectability about the dress code but no energy for the workers not being paid?

Long as a fat bitch gotta be dressed correctly then that's all that matters and the dress code is the only thing that stopped them from continuing in success
And we just hating on black business

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
But they're not falling because people didn't dress
They're falling because they didn't know how to run a successful business

Which is kinda funny because they telling you how to conduct yourself properly while not being able to do it themselves

I've been in 3 star Michelin restaurants where white folks had on Bahama shorts and flip flops with not a word uttered at them

But at the turkey hut you gotta dress to impress

It's all good if that's what they wanted for their establishment

I wouldn't go to it on principle because I'm just trying to get something to eat
If I wanted to dress up I would and if I don't want to I should be allowed to have that option and get good service

I ain't begging nobody to spend my own money
I addressed that in another post. Bad business is bad business. You can't class the joint up and be a ghetto mess. We were at brunch this last weekend in a really nice spot, and people were dressed really casual to really formal. Everything was pure class. These Turkey Hut people wanted people to wear tuxedos and they were acting like ratchet assholes. You can't have the elegant optic and be a messy owner.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I addressed that in another post. Bad business is bad business. You can't class the joint up and be a ghetto mess. We were at brunch this last weekend in a really nice spot, and people were dressed really casual to really formal. Everything was pure class. These Turkey Hut people wanted people to wear tuxedos and they were acting like ratchet assholes. You can't have the elegant optic and be a messy owner.
Exactly.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
There was a video of a lady "not taking no shit" and trying to walk in with her entire ass out. I highly doubt they were having issues with the black couple wearing a polo shirt and jeans and a dress.

I have no problem with them making a code
I just won't patronize the business
But you can't let that be what you're standing on
And then doing the shit they did behind the scenes that don't add up

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Pple are def out about and spending. Esp that 18-30 crowd.