Turkey Leg Hut is being sued by US Foods Inc. for $1.3 million

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm not being dense hombre
I'm asking you to provide examples you've already assigned things to me about being in my feelings that didn't apply

You keep going respectability about the dress code but no energy for the workers not being paid?

Long as a fat bitch gotta be dressed correctly then that's all that matters and the dress code is the only thing that stopped them from continuing in success
And we just hating on black business
Again, the workers not being laid off and not being paid is a new development and the news just broke TODAY.
Hopefully all those workers get the money they're owed.
But folks been shitting on this place for over a year now because of a "dress code" that was really just a call for folks not to dress ratchet.
I addressed that in another post. Bad business is bad business. You can't class the joint up and be a ghetto mess. We were at brunch this last weekend in a really nice spot, and people were dressed really casual to really formal. Everything was pure class. These Turkey Hut people wanted people to wear tuxedos and they were acting like ratchet assholes. You can't have the elegant optic and be a messy owner.
They never said anything about "wearing tuxedos".
They simply wanted the women to not show up with their asses and titties all out like they work at a strip club and for dudes not to have their pants sagging down to their knees.
Is that really too much to ask of folks?
Y'all making assumptions about a place you've never been to and getting all your information off social media from people who don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
But they're not falling because people didn't dress
They're falling because they didn't know how to run a successful business

Which is kinda funny because they telling you how to conduct yourself properly while not being able to do it themselves

I've been in 3 star Michelin restaurants where white folks had on Bahama shorts and flip flops with not a word uttered at them

But at the turkey hut you gotta dress to impress

It's all good if that's what they wanted for their establishment

I wouldn't go to it on principle because I'm just trying to get something to eat
If I wanted to dress up I would and if I don't want to I should be allowed to have that option and get good service

I ain't begging nobody to spend my own money
In multiple places around the world.

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Two things can be true. They shouldn't be charging no $100.00 non refundable deposit for no greasy sub par food and chances are the broad commenting in that twitter was probably dressed like a hoodrat.
Yes sir. They're trying to make it seem like they were wearing Vera Wang and got turned away. She probably had her entire ass out to eat a turkey leg.

dasailr03

A Goddamn Sailor!
BGOL Investor
turkey leg hutt on that bullshit.

If a lawsuite was filed, they would have been served. It's in that action of being served you are put on notice. They would have been served with a certified copy of the complaint and advised of what they needed to do next (ie. hire a lawyer and or file a response). TLH to say they were not told is stright up and down bullshit and they are hoping black folks are too damn ignorant to know about their bullshit. Should be an easy case to win. US food will produce the receipts, delivery dates, signature on delivery and if TLH can't show matching invoices, it's a wrap for them. I'm all about supporting black owned business but TLH is/was on some bullshit from day one. Fuck them, I hope they close that bish down and open a mcdonalds in that spot.

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
But they're not falling because people didn't dress
They're falling because they didn't know how to run a successful business

Which is kinda funny because they telling you how to conduct yourself properly while not being able to do it themselves

I've been in 3 star Michelin restaurants where white folks had on Bahama shorts and flip flops with not a word uttered at them

But at the turkey hut you gotta dress to impress

It's all good if that's what they wanted for their establishment

I wouldn't go to it on principle because I'm just trying to get something to eat
If I wanted to dress up I would and if I don't want to I should be allowed to have that option and get good service

I ain't begging nobody to spend my own money
I can promise you the issue was not Shorts, flip-flops and Bahamas shirts. People go up in there with shorts and nice shirts all the time. Bro, we’re talking about chicks up in there who look like they are at a strip club working. I’m not talking about going to the strip club to hang but like they are working.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I can promise you the issue was not Shorts, flip-flops and Bahamas shirts. People go up in there with shorts and nice shirts all the time. Bro, we’re talking about chicks up in there who look like they are at a strip club working. I’m not talking about going to the strip club to hang but like they are working.
That's all fine and dandy but then you'd have to ask yourself why your place is drawing that crowd?

Like brunch places get mad when ppl dance
And call it all sorts of ghetto

While getting them sloppy drunk at breakfast and a live dj playing ying yang twins

What'd you think was gonna happen when drunk ppl hear the whisper song?

But again it's ok they have the right to cater to who they want to. I got no issues with it. Just seems short sighted to me especially considering them folks giving up $100 non refundable deposits for some turkey legs lol

It'd seem like you want to make sure ppl wanted to keep doing that

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Again, the workers not being laid off and not being paid is a new development and the news just broke TODAY.
But folks been shitting on this place for over a year now because of a "dress code" that was really just a call for folks not to dress ratchet.

They simply wanted the women to not show up with their asses and titties all out like they work at a strip club and for dudes not to have their pants sagging down to their knees.
Y'all making assumptions about a place you've never been to and getting all your information off social media from people who don't know what the fuck they're talking about.
I'm against dress codes that target nothing more nothing less

If you're rich enough to say you don't want certain customers money more power to you it doesn't hurt my feelings
Just unfortunately sometimes hurts their business

chemist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

If you're rich enough to say you don't want certain customers money more power to you it doesn't hurt my feelings

I been to all the top, expensive restaurants in L.A. Them white dudes wore sneakers, shorts & sweats. Money is all that counts. A dress code isn't necessary where people that, "dress", like ratchets can't afford to dine there. THL has high end prices but high end isn't their demo.

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
That's all fine and dandy but then you'd have to ask yourself why your place is drawing that crowd?

Like brunch places get mad when ppl dance
And call it all sorts of ghetto

While getting them sloppy drunk at breakfast and a live dj playing ying yang twins

What'd you think was gonna happen when drunk ppl hear the whisper song?

But again it's ok they have the right to cater to who they want to. I got no issues with it. Just seems short sighted to me especially considering them folks giving up $100 non refundable deposits for some turkey legs lol

It'd seem like you want to make sure ppl wanted to keep doing that
You sound like you would support the bitch who walked into the restaurant butt nekkid to protest the dress code just because.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I don't like dress codes that target either, that's why I don't fuck with nightclubs. Especially the "mixed crowd" nightclubs.
We all know nightclubs use dress codes as a means to legally discriminate.
If anything TLH is discriminating against folks who just wanna go there to hang out and be seen and not spend any money and start fights.
I been to all the top, expensive restaurants in L.A. Them white dudes wore sneakers, shorts & sweats. Money is all that counts. A dress code isn't necessary where people that, "dress", like ratchets can't afford to dine there. THL has high end prices but high end isn't their demo.
If the ratchet folks patronizing TLH were spending $$$ like the white dudes wearing shorts and flip flops, I'm sure the owners wouldn't have an issue either and there would have never been a need for a dress code.
And I don't know that I would call TLH prices "high end". It's not cheap like fast food, but it's far from being "high end".
I mean, you can only dress up a turkey leg with so many ingredients.

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I'm exaggerating for the sake of making a joke. I know they weren't asking for tuxedos like we are at the Augusta Country Club.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Yall keep talking dress code like it started about random customers. Wasn't.

Was because, it was said that the wife caught the husband in the bathroom with a customer. From that she didn't want chicks coming in there dressing provocative.

I'm sure all the other stuff was just the addition to her tipping point. Stuff like hair bonnets or whatever other rachet chit.

But stuff like flip flops or shorts is typical Houston wear. Anywhere. Even choich.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
You sound like you would support the bitch who walked into the restaurant butt nekkid to protest the dress code just because.
Or I sound like idgaf about the nekkid lady
I sound like I'd try to figure out why my marketing isn't working and why am I not reaching the consumer I'm targeting
I'd probably run some a/b tests with prices as well as ads to see if anything changes
And then I'd decide from there what to do next as to not alienate revenue sources

That's just ME

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I don't like dress codes that target either, that's why I don't fuck with nightclubs. Especially the "mixed crowd" nightclubs.
We all know nightclubs use dress codes as a means to legally discriminate.
If anything TLH is discriminating against folks who just wanna go there to hang out and be seen and not spend any money and start fights.

If the ratchet folks patronizing TLH were spending $$$ like the white dudes wearing shorts and flip flops, I'm sure the owners wouldn't have an issue either and there would have never been a need for a dress code.
And I don't know that I would call TLH prices "high end". It's not cheap like fast food, but it's far from being "high end".
I mean, you can only dress up a turkey leg with so many ingredients.

That's why it was perplexing to me cause they have that $100 non refundable deposits plus huge prices so everyone in there was paying money
If you got a spot where people WANT TO BE SEEN and will pay that ridiculous price with those terrible stipulations

Then figure out a way to keep them lol don't say nah we just don't want you at all

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Or I sound like idgaf about the nekkid lady
I sound like I'd try to figure out why my marketing isn't working and why am I not reaching the consumer I'm targeting
I'd probably run some a/b tests with prices as well as ads to see if anything changes
And then I'd decide from there what to do next as to not alienate revenue sources

That's just ME
I’m just curious if you’ve ever been there or even driven by there. The problem is not that they weren’t reaching their target audience. They literally had lines around the block. They were reaching their target audience. The problem is they didn’t want to lose their target audience because of bitches Twerking on the tables.

The same way steak 48 put $100 minimum on each person. The problem was not that they weren’t reaching their target audience. The problem is they didn’t want to lose their target audience to bitches sitting at tables for two hours, and only ordering one drink

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I had a feeling that place wasn't going to last too long!!..It was too much drama and BS going on there!!

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That's why it was perplexing to me cause they have that $100 non refundable deposits plus huge prices so everyone in there was paying money
If you got a spot where people WANT TO BE SEEN and will pay that ridiculous price with those terrible stipulations

Then figure out a way to keep them lol don't say nah we just don't want you at all
I'm a business owner here in Houston just like TLH owner(s) so I guess I can relate to them on some level.
I don't run my business the way they do and they've obviously made mistakes over the years, but that's the case with a lot of businesses.
A lot of business owners have no clue how to properly run a business since it's not something that's taught in school.

The $100 non-refundable deposit in hindsight was a mistake on their part, but it was clearly a reaction to to folks just hanging out and not buying food. That definitely could have been handled another way.
Maybe require a certain amount minimum (definitely less than $100) for folks dining in just like clubs/bars that require a 2 drink minimum to stay.

Ultimately, it looks like the in-fighting between the couple is what doomed the business which is a shame.
Divorced couples can still run a business together (look at the Rock and his ex-wife), but it looks like the wife especially got all in her feelings and is determined to just burn it all down.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I’m just curious if you’ve ever been there or even driven by there. The problem is not that they weren’t reaching their target audience. They literally had lines around the block. They were reaching their target audience. The problem is they didn’t want to lose their target audience because of bitches Twerking on the tables.

The same way steak 48 put $100 minimum on each person. The problem was not that they weren’t reaching their target audience. The problem is they didn’t want to lose their target audience to bitches sitting at tables for two hours, and only ordering one drink

To be clear I got no problem with stipulations for establishments
I got problems with ruining customer bases and causing negative controversy and being polarizing as a business all of which they managed to accomplish

Twerking on tables is extreme if people were twerking on tables I doubt anyone would have an issue with them saying don't twerk on tables let's be for real here.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I'm a business owner here in Houston just like TLH owner(s) so I guess I can relate to them on some level.
I don't run my business the way they do and they've obviously made mistakes over the years, but that's the case with a lot of businesses.
A lot of business owners have no clue how to properly run a business since it's not something that's taught in school.

The $100 non-refundable deposit in hindsight was a mistake on their part, but it was clearly a reaction to to folks just hanging out and not buying food. That definitely could have been handled another way.
Maybe require a certain amount minimum (definitely less than $100) for folks dining in just like clubs/bars that require a 2 drink minimum to stay.

Ultimately, it looks like the in-fighting between the couple is what doomed the business which is a shame.
Divorced couples can still run a business together (look at the Rock and his ex-wife), but it looks like the wife especially got all in her feelings and is determined to just burn it all down.
Which is all I've been saying from the beginning!

That it wasn't the dress code that saved them or took them out
It was them! And if they fumbled it themselves being too arrogant to make sure the thing they stumbled on thrived I'm not going to be all sad about it as they continue to be flippant

Now after shit is over they hiring consultant firms to leech them of the rest of their money with a fake promise of rebranding

Doesn't mean it won't work it just means that they at the end are now trying to do stuff they could've gotten ahead on
They should have locations all over America by now it was easy sniping

But as @Amajorfucup keeps pointing out
They were yelling at US to not be ghetto
While inside they were as "ghetto" business wise as it comes

Even her statement to the people she laid off she wrote herself and was littered with miss used terms
While the letter from the consultant was somewhat standard professional procedure

I'll go to bat for almost any black business thats confident enough to be humble enough to keep learning expanding and growing

Not the ones that are arrogant enough to pretend like they know everything

Nobody does. Period.