TV Discussion: The CW developing Gotham Knights TV series based on DC comics CANCELLED

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The CW developing Gotham Knights TV series based on DC comics

But the new Batman series will not be a spin-off of Batwoman.

By Sydney BucksbaumDecember 13, 2021 at 05:09 PM EST

The CW is doubling up on Gotham-set TV series.

EW has learned that the network is developing a Gotham Knights drama based on the popular DC comics of the same name. And while the potential new series will revolve around Batman characters, it is not a spin-off of Batwoman, which is currently airing its third season. It is also not based on the upcoming Gotham Knights video game (slated for a 2022 release).

CREDIT: DC COMICS
The Gotham Knights TV series will follow Bruce Wayne's rebellious adopted son in the wake of Bruce's murder as he's forced to forge an unlikely alliance with the children of Batman's enemies after they are all framed for killing the Caped Crusader.

As the city's most wanted criminals, this renegade band of misfits must fight to clear their names. But in a Gotham with no Dark Knight to protect it, the city becomes more dangerous than it's ever been. However, hope comes from the most unexpected of places as this team of mismatched fugitives will become its next generation of saviors, known as the Gotham Knights. No casting has been announced yet, and how Gotham Knights will fit into the CW's ever-expanding Arrowverse has also yet to be revealed.
The new series is written and executive produced by Chad Fiveash and James Stoteraux (The Vampire Diaries, Batwoman, Gotham), written and co-executive produced by former EW writer Natalie Abrams (Batwoman, Supergirl, All American), with Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter, and David Madden attached as executive producers.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

Gotham-Knights-Fallon-Smythe-Tyler-DiChiara.jpg
:rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes:
DiChiara stars as Cullen Row. After years of hiding his true self from an abusive parent, the transgender teen is tired of being polite and agreeable. Clever and adept at reading human nature, Cullen is ready to fight his own battles.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
DC is putting themselves in a corner right now.

They got the movies in theaters, HBO MAX and CW going in 3 different directions.

That’s why Kevin Feige at Marvel canceled all the shows cuz it was making shit confusing.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
DC is putting themselves in a corner right now.

They got the movies in theaters, HBO MAX and CW going in 3 different directions.

That’s why Kevin Feige at Marvel canceled all the shows cuz it was making shit confusing.

Interesting point

I thought crisis on the cw would have a stabilization and unification effect.

Marvel bringing all the shows back to Disney +

But u made a fair point Feige has one vision one direction and everything is linked.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Cut it out fellas. They making it for the fans. You guys. This is what you the fans want. :hmm: .... :lol:
Cas as 2face is genius casting but this will be a shit show
scrap Gotham Knights

hire Kripke to show run
cast Dean as the Bat and Sam as Gordon
Bobby as redneck Alfred
and get Lucifer to play Ras

:lol:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Watch Misha Collins as Harvey Dent interrogate Batman's son in Gotham Knights sneak peek

District Attorney Harvey Dent is having a hard time proving who murdered the Caped Crusader in this exclusive clip.

By Sydney BucksbaumMarch 08, 2023 at 01:00 PM EST

Who murdered Batman? That's what Harvey Dent (Misha Collins) wants to find out on Gotham Knights.
The CW's newest DC Comics drama centers on the aftermath of Bruce Wayne's murder, as a powder keg ignites Gotham City without the Dark Knight there to protect it. EW has your exclusive sneak peek at the new series in the video above. Supernatural alum Collins makes his debut as Harvey Dent — the charismatic and hard-charging District Attorney destined to become the villain Two-Face — as he interrogates Batman's adopted son Turner Hayes (Oscar Morgan), who is framed for the murder.

Misha Collins as Harvey Dent and Oscar Morgan as Turner Hayes

| CREDIT: JASPER SAVAGE/THE CW
The new comic book series is not part of the Arrowverse, not a spin-off of Batwoman, and also not based on the Gotham Knights video game. The drama introduces new characters who are the children of some of Batman's enemies: Duela (Olivia Rose Keegan), an unpredictable fighter and skilled thief who was born in Arkham Asylum and abandoned by her father; Harper Row (Fallon Smythe), a streetwise and acerbic engineer who can fix anything; her brother Cullen Row (Tyler DiChiara), a clever transgender teen who is tired of being polite and agreeable; Turner's best friend and formidable coder Stephanie Brown (Anna Lore); and unlikely Batman sidekick Carrie Kelley (Navia Robinson).

With the GCPD hot on their trail, the young fighters will soon learn there is a larger, more nefarious force at work within Gotham City, and this team of mismatched fugitives must band together to become its next generation of saviors known as the Gotham Knights.
Gotham Knights is written by Chad Fiveash, James Stoteraux, and EW alum Natalie Abrams, based on characters created for DC by Bob Kane with Bill Finger. Fiveash and Stoteraux also serve as showrunners and executive producers alongside Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter, and Leigh London Redman.
Gotham Knights premieres Tuesday, March 14 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on the CW.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
EXCLUSIVE: Misha Collins On How Jensen Ackles Was Almost Gotham Knights’ Batman

The CW’s latest DC TV entry is days away from premiering, as Gotham Knights will be joining the network’s superhero line-up this season. Focused on Turner Hayes and a band of children of Batman’s villains, the DC drama focuses on the group getting framed for Bruce Wayne’s murder.
The Flash Podcast (as part of Multiverse of Color) recently spoke with one of the leads, Misha Collins, who will play Harvey Dent, destined to become Two-Face down the line. Best known for his role as Castiel on Supernatural, one of The CW’s biggest dramas of all time, Collins was asked if Gotham Knights season 1 would see either of his former co-stars Jensen Ackles or Jared Padalecki. It turns out one of them almost made it into the pilot, and it would have been for the Dark Knight himself: Batman!

Collins revealed that they had tried to book Ackles for Gotham Knights, but due to schedule conflicts, they were not able to make it work. In terms of Jared Padalecki, Collins had a humorous suggestion for who the Supernatural co-star could play on Gotham Knights.

The full interview will be released next Monday, including the video version on DC TV Podcasts’ YouTube channel!

DISCLAIMER: Please do NOT reproduce the interview or break up pieces through screenshots. We request that you link to our original article when using it on other platforms.

The Flash Podcast:
Was there any attempt to try and get them to show up for an episode to get the gang back together somehow?

Misha Collins: Ah, yes. Yes, there was. I don’t know if I’m supposed to reveal this, but we tried to work it out to have Jensen play Batman on the show. It was all kind of teed up, but unfortunately, Jensen was on another show at the time [laughs], and coordinating between two series is challenging. So it didn’t ultimately end up working out, but we tried. Jensen was pretty psyched about the prospect at one point because he does the voice of Batman for the animated movies. It would have been a great tie-in, and I thought it would be super fun too. But unfortunately, that didn’t work out, and I thought it would be super fun too. But unfortunately, that didn’t work out.

The Flash Podcast: Well, if season 2 happens…Misha, it’s a comic book show; you never know! Deaths can be faked; there could be clones…

Misha Collins: Yes, exactly; good point, thank you!

The Flash Podcast: Because I would die to see Jensen play Batman – I am trying to imagine where Jared would fit into the DC Universe, so that would have been a fun prospect if that happened in season 2.

Misha Collins: Yeah, who is a tall villain in the [DC Universe?] Maybe if we have The Penguin on stilts or something like that, Jared could play that.

The Flash Podcast: Ironically…not to make it punny, but I could have seen him as a Talon.

Misha Collins: Oh, yeah, good point!

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
EXCLUSIVE: Misha Collins On How Jensen Ackles Was Almost Gotham Knights’ Batman

The CW’s latest DC TV entry is days away from premiering, as Gotham Knights will be joining the network’s superhero line-up this season. Focused on Turner Hayes and a band of children of Batman’s villains, the DC drama focuses on the group getting framed for Bruce Wayne’s murder.
The Flash Podcast (as part of Multiverse of Color) recently spoke with one of the leads, Misha Collins, who will play Harvey Dent, destined to become Two-Face down the line. Best known for his role as Castiel on Supernatural, one of The CW’s biggest dramas of all time, Collins was asked if Gotham Knights season 1 would see either of his former co-stars Jensen Ackles or Jared Padalecki. It turns out one of them almost made it into the pilot, and it would have been for the Dark Knight himself: Batman!

Collins revealed that they had tried to book Ackles for Gotham Knights, but due to schedule conflicts, they were not able to make it work. In terms of Jared Padalecki, Collins had a humorous suggestion for who the Supernatural co-star could play on Gotham Knights.

The full interview will be released next Monday, including the video version on DC TV Podcasts’ YouTube channel!

DISCLAIMER: Please do NOT reproduce the interview or break up pieces through screenshots. We request that you link to our original article when using it on other platforms.

The Flash Podcast:
Was there any attempt to try and get them to show up for an episode to get the gang back together somehow?

The Flash Podcast: Well, if season 2 happens…Misha, it’s a comic book show; you never know! Deaths can be faked; there could be clones…

The Flash Podcast: Because I would die to see Jensen play Batman – I am trying to imagine where Jared would fit into the DC Universe, so that would have been a fun prospect if that happened in season 2.

The Flash Podcast: Ironically…not to make it punny, but I could have seen him as a Talon.

Jensen dodged a bullet :lol:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
She claims that Joker left her and her mom in Arkham for Harley. She was acting more like Joker's crazy than anyone elses imo

I'm still watching. It was based on her interrogation scene.

So far they following the usual cw mold

I don't know if throwing a bunch of Easter eggs around is going to cover up the bad acting lazing camera work and basic storytelling

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I'm still watching. It was based on her interrogation scene.

So far they following the usual cw mold

I don't know if throwing a bunch of Easter eggs around is going to cover up the bad acting lazing camera work and basic storytelling
And not a single recognizable costume in sight(except for the villains) :smh:

I bet if this does get canned after this season theyll probably do like Stargirl and end the final episode w/ a time jump showing them all in costume