TV Discussion: Ya'll Watching Sherlock on PBS? UDATE: Coming to Disney + !

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
This is one of the MANY reasons I donated recently...

some of the BEST programming on TV...

Now on its second season...

New episode aired last night...:dance:

This is written by the BBC Dr. Who showrunner...:D

tumblr_m1estdQmS41r0lc86o1_500.gif

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vydmN9pzDzg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vydmN9pzDzg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>​

TheProdigal

Invincible under the sun
Registered
Man fuck pbs, head on over to icefilms and download the rest of the season. Donating to pbs is a waste of money.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
show started off good but then jumped the shark turning Sherlock into Jason borne, you should know what I'm talking about if you saw the episode where he saved that chic in the end

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
show started off good but then jumped the shark turning Sherlock into Jason borne, you should know what I'm talking about if you saw the episode where he saved that chic in the end

:D

I gave em a pass cause they gotta cater too the 50 Shades of Grey crowd...

you aint a romantic?

TheProdigal

Invincible under the sun
Registered
very smart and very fast.

An excellent modernization of the classic, especially if your fan of the books:D

indeed:yes::yes::yes:

Yall know that cbs tried to make an american version of bbc's sherlock and bbc said no. So instead they're making another version of Sherlock with Lucy Liu as watson:smh:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
indeed:yes::yes::yes:

Yall know that cbs tried to make an american version of bbc's sherlock and bbc said no. So instead they're making another version of Sherlock with Lucy Liu as watson:smh:

CBS casts its Sherlock Holmes​

johnny-lee-miller_320.jpg

CBS has found its Sherlock Holmes. The network has tapped Jonny Lee Miller to play the iconic detective in its modern-day reboot of the character.

The former Eli Stone star will play Holmes in the CBS drama pilot Elementary, which has Holmes solving crimes in New York City. Miller also recently did an arc on Showtime’s Dexter.

Fans of BBC’s excellent Sherlock have been quick to dismiss CBS joining the game, but it will be interesting to see what the network comes up with. Side note: Though most detective shows owe some credit to Arthur Conan Doyle’s creation, CBS’ The Mentalist was directly inspired by Holmes, its creator Bruno Heller considers Patrick Jane to be a modern-day update on the character — so in a way, CBS already has a Holmes.

Lucy Liu to Play Watson in CBS' Sherlock Holmes Drama Pilot​

CBS' Sherlock Holmes pilot, Elementary, will indeed be a modern take on the famed story.

lucy_primary.jpg

For the first time, Holmes' famed sidekick, Watson, will be played by a woman with Lucy Liu nabbing the part, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Described as a modern take on the cases of Sherlock Holmes, with the detective now living in New York City, Dexter killer Jonny Lee Miller has been tapped to star in the project.

Liu's casting continues the Charlie's Angels co-star's return to the small screen with the actress currently appearing on TNT's Southland.

“I’ve loved being on Southland because it’s not a pampered environment," Liu told THR at Saturday's Independent Spirit Awards. "You’re really doing it and you’re doing it live. Sometimes you don’t even know how you got there in that scene! There’s something really wonderful about that. I like being able to do indie films and TV. It’s a good balance for me.”

Robert Doherty will write and executive produce the CBS TV Studios project, with CBS vet Sarah Timberman (A Gifted Man, Unforgettable) and Carl Beverly on board as executive producers.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
CBS casts its Sherlock Holmes​

johnny-lee-miller_320.jpg

CBS has found its Sherlock Holmes. The network has tapped Jonny Lee Miller to play the iconic detective in its modern-day reboot of the character.

The former Eli Stone star will play Holmes in the CBS drama pilot Elementary, which has Holmes solving crimes in New York City. Miller also recently did an arc on Showtime’s Dexter.

Fans of BBC’s excellent Sherlock have been quick to dismiss CBS joining the game, but it will be interesting to see what the network comes up with. Side note: Though most detective shows owe some credit to Arthur Conan Doyle’s creation, CBS’ The Mentalist was directly inspired by Holmes, its creator Bruno Heller considers Patrick Jane to be a modern-day update on the character — so in a way, CBS already has a Holmes.

Lucy Liu to Play Watson in CBS' Sherlock Holmes Drama Pilot​

CBS' Sherlock Holmes pilot, Elementary, will indeed be a modern take on the famed story.

lucy_primary.jpg

For the first time, Holmes' famed sidekick, Watson, will be played by a woman with Lucy Liu nabbing the part, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Described as a modern take on the cases of Sherlock Holmes, with the detective now living in New York City, Dexter killer Jonny Lee Miller has been tapped to star in the project.

Liu's casting continues the Charlie's Angels co-star's return to the small screen with the actress currently appearing on TNT's Southland.

“I’ve loved being on Southland because it’s not a pampered environment," Liu told THR at Saturday's Independent Spirit Awards. "You’re really doing it and you’re doing it live. Sometimes you don’t even know how you got there in that scene! There’s something really wonderful about that. I like being able to do indie films and TV. It’s a good balance for me.”

Robert Doherty will write and executive produce the CBS TV Studios project, with CBS vet Sarah Timberman (A Gifted Man, Unforgettable) and Carl Beverly on board as executive producers.

i bet like,say,3 or 4 episodes in theyll start up w/ that"will they or wont they" tension trope :rolleyes::smh:

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
season 2 ended nicely

Season 2 ending was bullshit don't even give that shit a pass, and yes I don't want to spoil it but I know what happened. Moriorty is a disappointment, I don't get hollywoods obsession with these eccentric a-sexual type of characters.

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
season 2 ep1 was dat crack...i think i might watch it again later....

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
few weeks? You gonna wait till it comes on pbs?

I am still old school...

I got ice films, hulu, HBOGO and everything but sometimes I actually like to catch some shit live...

I was a big Sherlock Holmes, Encyclopedia Brown, Hardy Boys, James Bnd fan growing up...

Loved those Mystery shows on PBS at night...

so I know can get a ll the current ep. @ BGOL Networks but I can wait,

Didnt KNOW SHIT going into Avengers no spoilers or nothing...

TruDat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
great show.
every episode is like a movie.
the american version is going to suck ass.:smh::smh:

You probably right about this, I got the same feeling it might suck:smh:

the writing & acting for the BBC version of Sherlock is on point:yes:

I cant wait until the 3rd season,
The only thing I hate is there is only 6 total episodes
3 episodes for each season :angry:

speaking of that when does the 3rd season of Luther starts

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Just watched the finale...

just 3 episodes is BULL SHIT though...

Damn I think Downton Abby had like 8 :smh:

dont know why there was suuch a backlash...

STRAIGHT FROM THE BOOKS...

I liked it ...

cant wait for next year:D

Word

Rising Star
Registered
i was glad to see pbs showing it and they doing a decent amount of reruns. The cbs version look supa stupid

Turri

Support BGOL
Registered
The only thing "live" on PBS is the pledge drive.

Just watch the BBC episodes.Why wait for PBS for anything?

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
great show
finale sucks and insulting to M and the idea which is him.
The finale was bullshit, I'm going to guess everyone has figured out how Sherlock survived the jump, there is no fucking logical way is he going to explain that it wasn't him that jumped off the roof when he did it right in front of Watson.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
great show
finale sucks and insulting to M and the idea which is him.

i can see that...

but they kind of made him obsessed and insane...

not exactly like the original...

i think assuming the other identity of the actor and then realizing what life would be WITHOUT Sherlock...

Moriarty now being "human" and surrounded by regular people.

Knowing that by killing himself that Sherlock would never beat him, and his friends would die...

that would be the ultimate endgame...

and his death would haunt Sherlock and he would suffer without HIM.

I know its a stretch but letting him live would be kinda boring if you think about it?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The finale was bullshit, I'm going to guess everyone has figured out how Sherlock survived the jump, there is no fucking logical way is he going to explain that it wasn't him that jumped off the roof when he did it right in front of Watson.

I already guessed that the autopsy chick and his gov't brother helped...

might go back to the first episode with the wolves, secret lab experiments and mind control drug, probably a cloned body.

WATCH...

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
I already guessed that the autopsy chick and his gov't brother helped...

might go back to the first episode with the wolves, secret lab experiments and mind control drug, probably a cloned body.

WATCH...
you are giving the show way too much credit, another bullshit ending was when Sherlock turned into Jason Borne/ James Bond to go save that chic from getting beheaded, I was like wtf this is some jumoing the shark type shit. I like the show and it started off great but started to go down hill

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
you are giving the show way too much credit, another bullshit ending was when Sherlock turned into Jason Borne/ James Bond to go save that chic from getting beheaded, I was like wtf this is some jumoing the shark type shit. I like the show and it started off great but started to go down hill

as former LOST fan...

I swore I would never do that again but...

that episode was the romance for the ladies and also to shut off the large gay following that was being created...

it didnt bother me cause the REAL Sherlock could fight too.

TheProdigal

Invincible under the sun
Registered
as former LOST fan...

I swore I would never do that again but...

that episode was the romance for the ladies and also to shut off the large gay following that was being created...

it didnt bother me cause the REAL Sherlock could fight too.

Plus sherlock was having sword fights in the second ep of season one so Its kinda not so far fetched.

Deacs

Rising Star
Registered
i can see that...

but they kind of made him obsessed and insane...

not exactly like the original...

i think assuming the other identity of the actor and then realizing what life would be WITHOUT Sherlock...

Moriarty now being "human" and surrounded by regular people.

Knowing that by killing himself that Sherlock would never beat him, and his friends would die...

that would be the ultimate endgame...

and his death would haunt Sherlock and he would suffer without HIM.

I know its a stretch but letting him live would be kinda boring if you think about it?

they started out well, they even let Sherlock advise the audience of the main mental difference between his type and the regular dulls around him... they are functioning sociopaths... with a hobby.

But to end him like that after 2 seasons? they could've made the 6 eps the one season and wrapped that shit up.

Even in the novel, M functions were bent on giving him the world... they came close to the proper description while in the court scene, but then they detonated him? They used the sociopath statement and the gambit as a way of a win for him...

Its not interesting watching Sherlock without his foil... thats why stories without M in it are short and lacking in the book.

Elite_X1

Support BGOL
Registered
Awesome show. I love how they modernized both characters but kept the classic nuances of both. I don't expect another season though seeing as how things ended on BBC.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
they started out well, they even let Sherlock advise the audience of the main mental difference between his type and the regular dulls around him... they are functioning sociopaths... with a hobby.

But to end him like that after 2 seasons? they could've made the 6 eps the one season and wrapped that shit up.

Even in the novel, M functions were bent on giving him the world... they came close to the proper description while in the court scene, but then they detonated him? They used the sociopath statement and the gambit as a way of a win for him...

Its not interesting watching Sherlock without his foil... thats why stories without M in it are short and lacking in the book.

i respect your reasoning..:D

I was a BIG fan of his work in High School...

but you know since the same dude does Doctor Who...

I'm sure unless the series is really ended that he will come up with something grand...

the showrunner HATES to be defined to much and I think he did this just to to be able to operate...

and the single mysteries so FAR have been great...

i'm not worried..

still better then most crap on tv nowadays...