TV News: And Just Like That - Sex and the City HBO Reboot UPDATE: Chris Noth #metoo !!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Willie Garson, Sex and the City and White Collar star, dies at 57

The actor starred as Carrie Bradshaw's best male friend Stanford Blatch on SATC.
By Jolie Lash
September 21, 2021 at 08:25 PM EDT

Willie Garson, who famously starred as Carrie Bradshaw's best male friend Stanford Blatch on Sex and the City, and Neal Caffrey's sidekick Mozzie on USA's White Collar, has died at 57. A cause of death is not yet known.
Willie Garson

| CREDIT: JOHN SCIULLI/GETTY IMAGES

Garson's son, Nathen Garson, shared a touching tribute to his father on his Instagram account on Tuesday afternoon.

"I love you so much papa. Rest In Peace and I'm so glad you got to share all your adventures with me and were able to accomplish so much," Nathen wrote. "I'm so proud of you. I will always love you, but I think it's time for you to go on an adventure of your own. You'll always be with me. Love you more than you will ever know and I'm glad you can be at peace now. You always were the toughest and funniest and smartest person I've known. I'm glad you shared you're love with me. I'll never forget it or lose it."

Around the same time as Garson's son posted his tribute, several actors who had costarred with Garson in various projects over the years, including Rob Morrow, Titus Welliver, and Josh Malina, also tweeted about the actor's death.

Morrow wrote, "Our sweet pal #WillieGarson has passed on. Dear soul, rest easy."

Welliver wrote, "There are no words. I love you dear brother. We are fewer."

Malina responded to Welliver's post and commented, "R.I.P. "Evil Willie." He was one of a kind."

Garson was born in Highland Park, New Jersey in 1964. Some of his earliest jobs saw him doing small parts on Family Ties, Cheers, and The New Gidget. As his television career grew, he got meatier parts on Newhart, and Mr. Belvedere, where he had a seven-episode arc playing a character named Carl.

He played three different characters on the Scott Bacula-starring Quantum Leap, including JFK assassin Lee Harvey Oswald, and he appeared in classic shows like L.A. Law, and Mad About You.

Willie Garson as Stanford, Sarah Jessica Parker as Carrie, Kristian Davis as Charlotte, Kim Cattrall as Samantha, and Cynthia Nixon as Miranda on 'Sex and the City' season 3.

In 1998, he joined Sex and the City as Carrie Bradshaw's gay bestie Stanford Blatch, a role he played across the films, and into the spin-off series And Just Like That due out on HBO Max.

"Willie Garson was in life, as on screen, a devoted friend and a bright light for everyone in his universe," a spokesperson for HBO/HBO Max said in a statement to EW. "He created one of the most beloved characters from the HBO pantheon and was a member of our family for nearly twenty-five years. We are deeply saddened to learn of his passing and extend our sincere condolences to his family and loved ones."

Garson also played Mozzie, the con man confidante of Matt Bomer's Neal Caffrey in White Collar from 2009-2014. Bomer shared a photo with Garson on Instagram and a heartfelt remembrance. "Willie. I don't understand. And it's not fair," the actor wrote. "This past year, you taught me so much about courage and resilience and love. I still haven't wrapped my head around a world without you in it- where I can't call you when I need to laugh, or be inspired. The last thing you did when we said goodbye was pull down your mask (I hate covid), smile, and wink at me. I know that it wasn't reflective of the pain you were going through, but it was indicative of everything you were and are to me: some one who lifted me up, who made me better, and who always, always made me smile. This also reminded me how strong our White Collar family is. We were all there for Willie, and for each other. I love you forever Willie Garson. You live on in our hearts and minds always: and your White Collar family is always here for Nathen. Save a place for me, because you know I want to be at your table up there."

"No matter what project he was on, Willie was always a fan favorite," a spokesperson from NBCUniversal said in a statement provided to EW. "Nowhere was that more true than on 'White Collar,' where he took the character of Mozzie, an outcast conspiracy theorist, and made him lovable to the core. He will be missed."

Just last year, Garson opened up about adopting Nathen at age 7 in 2008, telling PEOPLE TV, "Love, it's love. You know, listen, I'm a narcissistic entitled, spoiled actor, so my entire life has been focused on my self until the moment I met Nathan. And then it wasn't and it's a better life."

Last edited:

jackson35

Rising Star
Registered
the fact that they had to inject nicole's fine ass in this shipwreck tells u everything i need to know

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Chris Noth defends Sarah Jessica Parker in Kim Cattrall fallout
https://www.cnn.com/profiles/lisa-france
By Lisa Respers France, CNN

Updated 7:20 PM ET, Tue December 7, 2021

Chris Noth, Sarah Jessica Parker and Kim Cattrall.

(CNN)Now we know Mr. Big really is Team Carrie.

At least the actor who portrayed him on "Sex and the City" is sticking up for the actress who portrayed her.

In an interview with The Guardian promoting the new series "And Just Like That...," the latest in the "SATC" franchise, Chris Noth was asked about Sarah Jessica Parker's reported feud with former costar Kim Cattrall.

Noth played Mr. Big, the love of Parker's character, Carrie Bradshaw, while Cattrall portrayed one of her best friends, Samantha Jones.

While Noth and Parker are reviving their roles in the new HBO Max series, Cattrall is not participating. (HBO Max and CNN are both part of WarnerMedia.)
Noth told "The Guardian" of Cattrall, "I have absolutely no idea what her thinking is, or her emotions."

"I do know that I'm very close with SJ and [Cattrall's] descriptions of her don't even come close," he said. "I liked [Cattrall], I thought she was marvelous in the show and some people move on for their own reasons. I don't know what hers were."

"I just wish that whole thing had never happened because it was sad and uncomfortable," he added.

For years, there was speculation of tension between Parker and Cattrall.

That all boiled over in 2018 after Parker offered condolences on the death of Cattrall's brother and Cattrall responded with an image on Instagram reading, "I don't need your love or support at this tragic time @sarahjessicaparker."

"My Mom asked me today 'When will that @sarahjessicaparker, that hypocrite, leave you alone?,'" Cattrall wrote in the caption of the photo. "Your continuous reaching out is a painful reminder of how cruel you really were then and now."

"Let me make this VERY clear. (If I haven't already) You are not my family. You are not my friend," she added. "So I'm writing to tell you one last time to stop exploiting our tragedy in order to restore your 'nice girl' persona."

Parker told her friend Andy Cohen on his Bravo talk show that she was "heartbroken" over Cattrall's comments.
"I found it very upsetting cause that's not the way I recall our experience," Parker said at the time.

CNN has reached out to reps for Cattrall for comment on Noth's interview.

"And Just Like That...:" debuts on HBO Max Thursday.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Everyone who has dropped Chris Noth amid sexual assault allegations

Peloton, CBS' The Equalizer, and a talent agency are among those who have cut ties with the actor following sexual misconduct allegations by multiple women.
By Andrea TowersDecember 21, 2021 at 12:26 PM EST

ADVERTISEMENT
SaveFBTweetMore

00:16
01:21

Shortly after the premiere of HBO Max's highly anticipated Sex and the City revival, And Just Like That, multiple women have come forward with allegations of sexual misconduct by Chris Noth, which include sexual assault. Following those allegations, Noth's career has taken a sharp turn as business partners, CBS, and even his agency have dropped him in quick succession.
On Dec. 16, The Hollywood Reporter published a detailed report featuring the stories of two women, who didn't know each other, alleging that Noth sexually assaulted them in 2004 and 2015, respectively. Backlash instantly began against the actor, who responded with his own statement to THR and confirmed by his representatives to EW, insisting the incidents were consensual and that he didn't assault the two women.

Several companies have cut ties with Chris Noth amid sexual misconduct allegations.

| CREDIT: MICHAEL LOCCISANO/WIREIMAGE
"The accusations against me made by individuals I met years, even decades, ago are categorically false," the statement reads. "These stories could've been from 30 years ago or 30 days ago — no always means no — that is a line I did not cross. The encounters were consensual. It's difficult not to question the timing of these stories coming out. I don't know for certain why they are surfacing now, but I do know this: I did not assault these women."
Only a day after those allegations surfaced, a third woman came forward with sexual assault allegations, telling The Daily Beast about an experience she had with Noth in 2010 when she was 18 and working in a New York City restaurant.
Noth continued to deny the new allegation, with his rep telling PEOPLE, "The story is a complete fabrication, and the alleged accounts detailed throughout read like a piece of bad fiction. As Chris stated yesterday, he has and would never cross that line."

Chris Noth as Mr. Big in 'And Just Like That'

| CREDIT: CRAIG BLANKENHORN/HBO
On Monday, Noth's Sex and the City costars Sarah Jessica Parker, Cynthia Nixon, and Kristin Davis issued a joint statement about the situation where they made it clear they support the accusers coming forward and believe their stories.
"We are deeply saddened to hear the allegations against Chris Noth," Parker posted in an Instagram story that Nixon shared on Twitter. "We support the women who have come forward and shared their painful experiences. We know it must be a very difficult thing to do and we commend them for it."

Here's a list of all the businesses and promotions that have cut ties with Noth following the allegations.
Peloton
About two days after Noth's character tragically died in And Just Like That's premiere after completing an intense Peloton ride, the company seized the episode's water cooler moment and created an ad showing the character was alive and well. The same day that The Hollywood Reporter published its first allegations, Peleton quickly removed the ads from all social media accounts.
"Every single sexual assault accusation must be taken seriously," a Peloton spokesperson said in a statement provided to EW. "We were unaware of these allegations when we featured Chris Noth in our response to HBO's reboot. As we seek to learn more, we have stopped promoting this video and archived related social posts."
The Equalizer
Shortly before Parker, Nixon, and Davis issued their statement on Monday, CBS confirmed to EW that Noth — who plays William Bishop on the Queen Latifah-led CBS show — had been fired from the series.
"Chris Noth will no longer film additional episodes of The Equalizer, effective immediately," Universal Television and CBS said in a statement. Noth will still appear in an upcoming episode that's already been filmed, but beyond that, there are no plans for the actor to return to the series.
Chris Noth responds to sexual assault allegations

| CREDIT: DIMITRIOS KAMBOURIS/GETTY IMAGES
A3 Artists Agency
According to Variety and confirmed by PEOPLE, Noth was dropped as a client by the talent agency A3 Artists Agency a day after the allegations surfaced. Noth had only recently signed with the agency earlier this year.
Ambhar Tequila
Noth was close to finalizing a deal for his own tequila brand when the allegations hit, and now that deal is off the table. The New York Post reported that the brand, Ambhar, was close to being purchased by the beverage company Entertainment Arts Research for $12 million.
"We thought it would be in our best interest to withdraw from the transaction," a spokesperson for the company told the Post.
A representative for Noth told PEOPLE that "no definitive agreement was ever signed."

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member
All that 20th century patriarchal fun and antics are coming back to haunt him. Courtesy of the matriarchal movement. Ushered in by handmaidens of the movement. From feminists to the alphabet community. Feel free to chose your own pronoun as you see fit.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster