TV News: Ryan Seacrest leaving Live With Kelly and Ryan, Mark Consuelos to replace longtime host Update: Wheel of Fortune!

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Every now and then I tune in and wonder how the show is still on air, Kelly is not funny or has any personality, I dont get what the appeal is.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Ryan Seacrest cries on Live With Kelly and Ryan as Mark Consuelos honors him as his 'brother' amid exit

Seacrest teared up as his successor (and Kelly Ripa's husband) paid tribute to him on air.

By Joey NolfiFebruary 17, 2023 at 10:46 AM EST

Ryan Seacrest teared up amid his impending exit from Live With Kelly and Ryan during an emotional tribute from his successor.
Longtime host Kelly Ripa welcomed her real husband, Mark Consuelos, to chat with her work husband during Friday's broadcast, as the former prepares to take over for Seacrest when the show rebrands as Live With Kelly and Mark.

Ryan Seacrest cries as Mark Consuelos honors him after his 'Live With Kelly and Ryan' exit announcement.

| CREDIT: ABC
"I do want to say, you're a brother to me, you're a family member to me. I've become so close with both of you," Seacrest told Consuelos, who married Ripa in 1996 after they met as costars on the set of All My Children a year before. "The three of us sat — before I moved out here — and had real conversations about doing this for a few years. It ended up being longer than I thought, and I couldn't be happier to see you come in and be next to your wife, who we both know is the most amazing human being on the planet."

Consuelos echoed the sentiment and honored Seacrest, celebrating him for not only joining his wife's professional circle, but also integrating with their family.

Ryan Seacrest gets emotional during a chat with Mark Consuelos on 'Live With Kelly and Ryan.'

"I couldn't think of a better person to sit next to my wife for the past six years," Consuelos said as Ripa noted that Seacrest was about to cry. "You're a true friend. You're a brother. You're generous to my wife, to my whole family. I got to meet your family. I love your parents, your niece, your sister, your brother-in-law."
Consuelos continued, "That chair you're sitting in, it's an iconic seat. It's a great honor for me to sit there. It's an iconic show, and I think it's going to be a blast. Thank you."
Seacrest announced his departure from the morning show Thursday, after six years of sitting next to Ripa. He confirmed that he'll guest-host on select occasions and that he'll continue his work as the host of American Idol.

"Working alongside Kelly over the past six years has been a dream job and one of the highlights of my career," Seacrest said in a statement announcing his exit from Live. "She has been an amazing partner, friend, and confidant, and although we will always be a part of each other's lives, I will miss our mornings together. I also want to thank Michael Gelman and the entire staff and crew — we've made memories to last a lifetime, met some of the most incredible people, and had the warmest welcome into the homes of so many viewers across America. It's been a memorable ride, and now I'm excited to pass the baton to Kelly's 'real' husband, Mark."
Live With Kelly and Ryan airs weekdays at 9 a.m. ET on ABC.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor

Ryan Seacrest cries on Live With Kelly and Ryan as Mark Consuelos honors him as his 'brother' amid exit

Seacrest teared up as his successor (and Kelly Ripa's husband) paid tribute to him on air.

By Joey NolfiFebruary 17, 2023 at 10:46 AM EST

Ryan Seacrest teared up amid his impending exit from Live With Kelly and Ryan during an emotional tribute from his successor.
Longtime host Kelly Ripa welcomed her real husband, Mark Consuelos, to chat with her work husband during Friday's broadcast, as the former prepares to take over for Seacrest when the show rebrands as Live With Kelly and Mark.

Ryan Seacrest cries as Mark Consuelos honors him after his 'Live With Kelly and Ryan' exit announcement.

"I do want to say, you're a brother to me, you're a family member to me. I've become so close with both of you," Seacrest told Consuelos, who married Ripa in 1996 after they met as costars on the set of All My Children a year before. "The three of us sat — before I moved out here — and had real conversations about doing this for a few years. It ended up being longer than I thought, and I couldn't be happier to see you come in and be next to your wife, who we both know is the most amazing human being on the planet."

Consuelos echoed the sentiment and honored Seacrest, celebrating him for not only joining his wife's professional circle, but also integrating with their family.

Ryan Seacrest gets emotional during a chat with Mark Consuelos on 'Live With Kelly and Ryan.'

"I couldn't think of a better person to sit next to my wife for the past six years," Consuelos said as Ripa noted that Seacrest was about to cry. "You're a true friend. You're a brother. You're generous to my wife, to my whole family. I got to meet your family. I love your parents, your niece, your sister, your brother-in-law."
Consuelos continued, "That chair you're sitting in, it's an iconic seat. It's a great honor for me to sit there. It's an iconic show, and I think it's going to be a blast. Thank you."
Seacrest announced his departure from the morning show Thursday, after six years of sitting next to Ripa. He confirmed that he'll guest-host on select occasions and that he'll continue his work as the host of American Idol.

"Working alongside Kelly over the past six years has been a dream job and one of the highlights of my career," Seacrest said in a statement announcing his exit from Live. "She has been an amazing partner, friend, and confidant, and although we will always be a part of each other's lives, I will miss our mornings together. I also want to thank Michael Gelman and the entire staff and crew — we've made memories to last a lifetime, met some of the most incredible people, and had the warmest welcome into the homes of so many viewers across America. It's been a memorable ride, and now I'm excited to pass the baton to Kelly's 'real' husband, Mark."
Live With Kelly and Ryan airs weekdays at 9 a.m. ET on ABC.

What a fag :smh:

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
she got a fat pussy
356_1000.jpg

Race Harley

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Mark Consuelos is her husband.

He finally hit the jackpot. Disney/ABC is going to pay him finally to listen to his wife drone on and on as the permanent co-host. Plus the renewed exposure to the female fan base that watch the show. Shit gonna change when they switch the name of the show to, “Live with Mark and Kelly!” :p
Win-win for him.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
people keep leaving Kelly LOL
That’s not the right way to look at it. It’s a generational issue. If you’re presented with an opportunity you always take it. The days of staying in one spot forever been over.

Maybe Kelly really loves her job. Now she’s working with the love her life. If he leaves the show, then you might have an argument.

Can they take vacations together? Gilman is still working there. He’s been there for at least 40 years. How old was he when he was hired?

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Smh...... a lot of dudes that work directly with their wives......

Boy oh boy......he's probably used to her bossing him around by now tho, she is the breadwinner

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
And she hates them for it
You can tell she wants out of that demographic so badly. You feel sorry for her but then you realize all skin folk ain’t kinfolk. Oprah was given room to grow because there was only one of her. I can find 2 other black faces on network tv and an infinite amount online.

I’m not saying daytime tv is dead, but something needs to be done to shake it up. Drew can do it but she needs to get rid of the gay white guy Ross. If you can get rid of him and replace him with a black face, Kelly and her husband will have real competition.

If Drew can add a guy like Chuck Nice to her show, we can get the party started.

Ryokurin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Every now and then I tune in and wonder how the show is still on air, Kelly is not funny or has any personality, I dont get what the appeal is.

Think of it like any morning show on radio. It's familiar, consistent and in a lot of ways you can set your clock to the audio queues. You could probably take an episode from the Regis era and play it today and it would still fit the formula.

Darth Furious

Master
Platinum Member
The show sells. It’s been number one forever. Tamron has way too many black people in her audience.
And she hates them for it

There is most definitely a formula to change it. Maybe its her guests. Studio location? I have no idea. I thought for sure that she had that cross color appeal and I’m sure she did too.

Maybe she should put in a call to her old creep and get some inside help.

Might have to give him some ass for a few rounds until he make it happen but he is the ex President.

:lol:

oNE

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Kind of shocked he's walking away from this easy paycheck. It was basically just brown nosing celebrities. I guess the going back and forth from New York to California caught up with him

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Kind of shocked he's walking away from this easy paycheck. It was basically just brown nosing celebrities. I guess the going back and forth from New York to California caught up with him

Dude has like 10 jobs plus he is rich as fuck. Most people don't that he created the Kardashians, so all the money they are making on tv he is getting a bigger cut as the producer.