TV News: Smallville fans - Michael Rosenbaum turned down finale appearance as Lex Luthor UPDATE: ANIMATED SEASON 12?!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Can't lie I tuned out for a couple of seasons but have been watched the final season and its not bad and if they had used this model I think they could have gone another year...but they NEED this dude back ASAP!:yes:

'Smallville' scoop: Michael Rosenbaum turned down finale appearance as Lex Luthor

-- EXCLUSIVE
by James Hibberd

Lex Luthor’s latest scheme is perhaps his most villainous yet: Refusing to appear in the Smallville series finale.

Smallville-Lex-Rosenbaum_320.jpg

EW has learned that actor Michael Rosenbaum has repeatedly rebuffed attempts by producers this season to get him back on The CW’s show to reprise his role as Luthor in the finale.

He has put the show behind him and moved on,” says a knowledgeable source. “He’s pursuing his other creative outlet [writing]. By all indications, he is not going to be involved.”

The door still remains open for Rosenbaum to come on board, but it’s closing fast. Smallville wraps series production late next month, with only three episodes — including the two-hour finale — left to shoot.

Apart from seeing the Man of Steel finally put on the spandex suit and fly like he means it, a re-appearance by Rosenbaum is the top request by fans looking for creative closure in Smallville‘s final season. (Forget Waiting for Superman — for Smallville fans, it’s all about Waiting for Lex.)

Rosenbaum played Superman’s arch rival for seven seasons on the show and Smallville ends its epic 10-year run in May. Producers have publicly taken a “you’ll have to tune in to find out” stance when asked whether Rosenbaum will show up, all the while naturally hoping the actor will change his mind.

Smallville will air its final hours on Friday, May 13. The CW had no comment.

What do you think? Seems to me a quick haircut and a couple hours on the set is more than worth it to make Smallville fans everywhere happy…

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered
i'm not familiar with his career or the show but he sounds like he is a pulling a real bitch move. Seven seasons and the show that kick started your career (possibly, like i said i don't know) and you're telling them to fuck off for ONE show? :smh:

SloPoke

Star
Registered
Yeah.....I think he should do it. What can it do besides boost his fan-base through the roof?

Side Note: I had no idea that he was the voice for Flash in the Justice League, and JL Unlimited series...

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Wow, I haven't wached this show in years. I keep hearing that it got a whole lot better the last few seasons. Perhaps I will catch up to it on Netflix or in the TV section. Dude should come back if it's only one episode and they plan on wrapping it up. I still see the final scene being Clark in full Superman tights flying off and cut to black screen.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Yeah.....I think he should do it. What can it do besides boost his fan-base through the roof?
If I remember correctly, he's doing voice work now. I think he played the Flash in Justice League, but yeah it's a punk move to not at least give fans of the show one more go.

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
why did he leave in the 1st place...not familiar with the story....

thereason

Star
Registered
i read that but i wonder if they pulling a fast one on us, actually I think they are...but if they dont they should just use who they used in the season opener since they got the rapid growing Lex Clone

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Side Note: I had no idea that he was the voice for Flash in the Justice League, and JL Unlimited series...

You'd be surprised how many so-called stars do this.

Rumour was that david boreanaz wouldn't take any Buffy or Angel questions like he was above that shit.

LIKE ANYONE would know that dude or he would even have a career without it...

But even Christina Hendricks from Mad Men thanks Wheadon fora small role on Firefly:yes:

AgentCreed

Star
Registered
he'll probably do it... dude knows the fans wanna see him and it will help his brand if they can make it a short 2 min thing i think he'll do it... i mean how do u end it without lex?

thereason

Star
Registered
You'd be surprised how many so-called stars do this.

Rumour was that david boreanaz wouldn't take any Buffy or Angel questions like he was above that shit.

LIKE ANYONE would know that dude or he would even have a career without it...

But even Christina Hendricks from Mad Men thanks Wheadon fora small role on Firefly:yes:

cats who do that shit kill me
i mean its one thing where Jenifer tries to avoid leprechaun
but cats who's career was put on do to "starring" in a show for yrs and got a loyal fan base that'll watch them in anything cuz of it that do this piss me off

fucking ungrateful

like dude b4 Smallville your biggest thing was Urban Legend, Sorority Boys, and fucking Kickin It Old School

Dude won awards for playing Lex and should how great an actor he could be
The least he could do is show up for the finale since u play such a huge role ...fucking everyone else is

Thats like Jordan sayin don't ask me about when I was a Bull, and fuck u Chicago Bull fans

michant2

Support BGOL
Registered

Reports at that time said he was leaving because he felt that the character had gone as far as he could creatively within the parameters of the show and he saw it as an opportunity to pursue other career options.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
cats who do that shit kill me
i mean its one thing where Jenifer tries to avoid leprechaun
but cats who's career was put on do to "starring" in a show for yrs and got a loyal fan base that'll watch them in anything cuz of it that do this piss me off

fucking ungrateful

like dude b4 Smallville your biggest thing was Urban Legend, Sorority Boys, and fucking Kickin It Old School:lol:

Dude won awards for playing Lex and should how great an actor he could be
The least he could do is show up for the finale since u play such a huge role ...fucking everyone else is

Thats like Jordan sayin don't ask me about when I was a Bull, and fuck u Chicago Bull fans

And it aint like he aint gonna see a HUGE CHECK!!!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Dear Smallville Fans,

Well, it’s been seven wonderful years. Your support is what has made Smallville so successful, and I appreciate you all more than you know.

That being said, it is time for me to start the next chapter of my life and career. I hope that I gave you some enjoyment over the years, and that you found my portrayal of Lex Luthor to be satisfying. I am truly grateful, as Smallville fans are the best fans out there. I sincerely hope that you will continue to follow my career through my hair growth period and beyond.

I’m very excited about what the future holds, but certainly, Smallville will always be a part of me. I will definitely miss the greatest crew in the world, and the wonderful cast that has been like a family to me.

Thank you Al and Miles for creating the show. Thank you writers, producers, directors and editors. Thanks Tollin, Robbins and Davola for being there for the pilot. Thank you Peter Roth for employing me for ten years. Lisa Lewis, I miss you already. John Glover, thanks for helping me feel more comfortable touching other actors, while acting. Bizarre, but helpful.

Mostly, I want to thank Greg Beeman for directing the “Oh Sherry” video, by Steve Perry, back in the 80’s.

Thanks crew. Thanks fans. Thanks Smallville.

I love you all,

Michael Rosenbaum

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Which TV show's fans get to claim the actor: Joss Whedon edition

By Jennifer Thomason May 18, 2010 7:42 PM | Permalink | Comments (14) | TrackBacks (0)

As all the news is starting to come about fall TV schedules and new shows and who's acting in what, I started thinking about how some of the actors have played at least two memorable TV characters on different shows and which character they really are associated with. It's obviously a good thing for actors to be able to reinvent themselves (and a sign they're a good actor if they can) and build an entire new fanbase. But it's sort of like the question baseball players face if they get inducted into the Hall of Fame -- what team hat do they go in wearing? The team they played with the longest, the one they had the best career with or the one with the strongest fans? So, in honor of Joss Whedon directing tonight's episode of "Glee," "Dream On," this is an all-Whedon alum version deciding which TV show's fans get to claim an actor as their own. For example, should David Boreanaz be known as Angel on "Buffy" and "Angel" or is he Seeley Booth on "Bones"? I didn't include every Whedon alum who has had more than one memorable TV role, and didn't include every role for the ones mentioned, but I picked roles based on longevity and impact.

Alyson Hannigan: Willow Rosenberg on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" or Lily Aldrin on "How I Met Your Mother"
alysonhannigan-himym.jpg

The verdict: For me, this is an easy one, and it's all-Willow. Considering the arc of that character -- from shy, nerdy, but feisty high school Willow, to powerful-witch, out-lesbian, still kind, but sometimes nefarious, Willow, it's a role that showed off Hannigan's talents. Lily, on the other hand, can be a ditz.

David Boreanaz -- Angel on "Buffy" and "Angel" or Seeley Booth on "Bones"
seeleybooth.jpg

The verdict: Boreanaz has spent slightly more time as Angel/Angelus than Seeley Booth, but this one's a toss up. While there are certainly some cross-over fans between the shows, these are very different animals, and very different characters. Seeley Booth is actually a closer (though much less evil) version of the sarcastic Angelus than Angel, but Booth and Angel are flip sides of the coin. Angel was dark, broody and gorgeous and Booth is light-hearted, playful and gorgeous. Fans on both sides can claim Boreanaz. Although he'll always be Angel to me.

Eliza Dushku: Faith on "Buffy" and "Angel" or Echo on "Dollhouse"

eliza-dollhouse.jpg

The verdict: Dushku kicked behind as Faith. At first she was just reckless and wild, and then she spiraled into homicidal mania, but still with an inner sadness, best illustrated in the episode where Buffy and Faith switched bodies. Echo eventually became her own person, but she spent much of "Dollhouse" personality-hopping or looking like an empty vessel. The role of Faith, meanwhile, is a classic.

Summer Glau: River Tam on "Firefly" or Cameron Phillips on "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" or the cape
summerglau-cameron.jpg

The verdict: I'm going to give the edge to "Terminator." Glau appeared in twice as many episodes on that show, talked a whole lot more, and, well, really, there isn't much difference between the two characters anyway. One was a robot, and one was semi-catatonic.

Nathan Fillion -- Mal Reynolds on "Firefly" or Richard Castle on "Castle"
fillion-castle.jpg

The verdict: This one is similar to the David Boreanaz situation. On "Firefly," Fillion was the occasionally moody, stern, but fun, and sarcastic Mal, on "Castle" he's a much lighter, more fun-loving, and more outgoing womanizer. These two characters aren't polar opposites, though, considering they both give off Fillion's should-be-illegal charisma and sense of humor. This one goes to Mal, the more well-rounded character.

Morena Baccarin -- Inara on "Firefly" or Anna on "V"
morena-v.jpg

The verdict: Two very different roles that show off two different sides to Baccarin -- tough, but sympathetic Inara and manipulating and creepy Anna. I'll give Anna the win since Baccarin is in a lead role and very effectively reptilian. 

Adam Baldwin -- Jayne on "Firefly" or John Casey on "Chuck"
casey-chuck.jpg

The verdict: Outrageously hilarious in both roles (and master of the mean stare), these aren't very different parts. But it goes to "Chuck," since Baldwin has appeared on that show in nearly four times as many episodes, and is a more integral part of that show. Although nothing was as funny as the "Firefly" episode, "Jaynestown," where everyone worshipped Jayne.

Michelle Trachtenberg -- Dawn on "Buffy" or Georgina on "Gossip Girl"

georgina-gossipgirl.jpg

The verdict: This goes to "Gossip Girl," simply because if I can dissociate Dawn from "Buffy" in any way possible, I'll do it.

Julie Benz -- Darla on "Buffy" and "Angel" or Rita on "Dexter" or No Ordinary Family

http://blogs.pioneerlocal.com/entertainment/ritadexter.jpg

The verdict: All-"Dexter." Darla had her moments, especially on "Angel," but Julie Benz really came into her own as the sweet, slightly broken, and often annoying, Rita.

Vincent Kartheiser -- Connor on "Angel" or Pete Campbell on "Mad Men"

connor2-angel.jpg
petecampbell.jpg

The verdict: He's a Mad Man. Connor is another one of those Whedon characters who you sometimes wanted to slap the heck out of, but who was crucial to the story. But Kartheiser is just amazing as Pete on "Mad Men" -- slimy, needy, driven, egotistical, but somehow also insecure, and despite all the questionable things he's done, still amazingly not entirely hate-able.

Gina Torres -- Zoe Washburne on "Firefly" or Anna Espinosa on "Alias" or vampire diaries
annaespinonsa.jpg

The verdict: Gina Torres has played too many TV characters to keep track of (including also appearing on "Angel") but these are two of her most memorable recent roles. I'm giving the slight edge to "Alias" since her super-spy character, Anna Espinosa, actually earned nemesis status. Plus, Torres looked like she was having the time of her life getting to trade massive blows with Jennifer Garner.

Amy Acker -- Fred on "Angel" or Dr. Claire Saunders on "Dollhouse"
clairesaunders.jpg

The verdict: This one is almost too easy. Claire Saunders could have been an intriguing character on "Dollhouse," and she really started to get that way in the end, but the role doesn't stand up to the incredibly talented Amy Acker's work as Fred, a painfully shy and jumpy bookworm with a heart of gold, who eventually went on to become an ancient demon, Illyria. I mean, how can you compete with that?

What's your pick?

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Reports at that time said he was leaving because he felt that the character had gone as far as he could creatively within the parameters of the show and he saw it as an opportunity to pursue other career options.

Yep. I haven't even watched the show in about two or three seasons and I was a diehard fan when it started. It wasn't even Rosenbaum's departure from the show that made it suck the writing just got really bad.

Mostly, I want to thank Greg Beeman for directing the “Oh Sherry” video, by Steve Perry, back in the 80’s.

:roflmao3::roflmao3::roflmao3:

JMillion

Star
Registered
that would be wack if he doesnt show. he HAS to show. i mean the way its building up it crazy. but i guess we will see. i dont see why he wouldnt. not like he is attached to any other shows or movies right now.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
In the third season Justice League episode "Great Brain Robbery", Michael Rosenbaum reprised his role as Lex Luthor when his character was trapped in Clancy Brown's Lex Luthor's body.

JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED - THE GREAT BRAIN ROBBERY (2006)

Michael Rosenbaum, Clancy Brown, Phil LaMarr, Juliet Landau, Powers Boothe

Story by: Dwayne McDuffie

Teleplay by: Matt Wayne

Directed by: Dan Riba

1259600.jpg

The Flash (speaking as Lex Luthor) – “My fellow bad guys, I Lex Luthor your leader, will speak now about my, Lex Luthor’s, plan; my villainous villainous plan. Question the plan at your peril.... er.... any questions?”

A case of mistaken identity can often be an annoyance to say the least, but when the Flash and Lex Luthor got a mind swap, putting their minds in each other’s body; mistaken identity was just the tip of the iceberg. Thanks to Dr Fate accidentally causing the big switcheroo, the Flash got to see what life was like from Luthor’s perspective and not only was this the cause of much hilarity, it also offered an insight into how the bad guys got their work done. With the show being called Justice League unlimited it was always going to show how the heroes interacted, but with The Great Brain Robbery, the bad guys became the focus and in some ways the way they went about things wasn’t much different to the League.

This is when the real comedy came into fruition in the episode, as a moment such as Flash/Luthor going into the men’s room amongst the Legion of Doom headquarters, became highly amusing. Of course all villains need to pee, but it was a situation which usually never came up, and add to this that the Flash/Luthor was in the men’s room to make a private call became even funnier when he couldn’t get any phone signal. On the flipside of all this Luthor/Flash had to adjust to the fact that he was in the Watchtower, and had the Green Lantern, Mr Terrific and Dr Fate on his tail because they knew he was really Luthor. In a brief pause Luthor/Flash decided he might as well use this as the perfect opportunity to find out the Flash’s secret identity, but it backfired because even when he saw the Flash’s true face in the mirror, he still had no idea who he was!

The Great Brain Robbery had a fantastic plot device to flesh out the other side to the constant fight between good and evil, and did so with enough humour that it kept going beyond the simple concept. Thankfully when Luthor did regain his own body, the fact that his fellow Doom members no longer trusted him, also gave the opportunity to demonstrate why he is the best at what he does, meaning they would never mistake who he was again.

08.jpg

10.jpg

BRAIN OF THOUGHT:
*Michael Rosenbaum voices the Flash, but he spent seven years playing Lex Luthour on the TV show, Smallville.

*Gorilla Grodd is the only member of the Legion of Doom who knows that Flash/Luthor is really the Flash.

*When the Flash/Luthor leaves the rest room he refuses to wash his hands because he is evil.

*Powers Boothe who voices Gorilla Grodd, also voices Lex Luthor in the animated movie, Superman: Brainiac Attacks (2006).

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/jlu/episodes/brainrobbery/

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
KryptonSite Smallville Comic-Con Interviews, Part I: Tom Welling!

svbagth.jpg

KRYPTONSITE: At the CW Upfronts in May, you talked a bit about wanting to get people from the show's past back onto the show. Can you tell me a bit more about what you've tried to get Michael back?

TOM WELLING: Well, I have tried a few things with Michael. I've twisted his arm, I've taken him to dinner, I've gotten him drunk... I've tried to get him to sign papers that he didn't know what they were... so, I'm trying everything that I can. Michael wants to come back, but there are just some things to iron out, and I think he understands that we can't end the show without Lex Luthor. We're even teasing the idea that he's going to be on already, with the idea of clones, or [the idea] that Lex has developed these bodies that he could then tap into to heal himself later in life.

Supergirl will be back, Jonathan will come back... I just want to see all of these people come back, so that we can all get closure on all of them.

thereason

Star
Registered
In the third season Justice League episode "Great Brain Robbery", Michael Rosenbaum reprised his role as Lex Luthor when his character was trapped in Clancy Brown's Lex Luthor's body.

JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED - THE GREAT BRAIN ROBBERY (2006)

Michael Rosenbaum, Clancy Brown, Phil LaMarr, Juliet Landau, Powers Boothe

Story by: Dwayne McDuffie

Teleplay by: Matt Wayne

Directed by: Dan Riba

1259600.jpg

The Flash (speaking as Lex Luthor) – “My fellow bad guys, I Lex Luthor your leader, will speak now about my, Lex Luthor’s, plan; my villainous villainous plan. Question the plan at your peril.... er.... any questions?”

A case of mistaken identity can often be an annoyance to say the least, but when the Flash and Lex Luthor got a mind swap, putting their minds in each other’s body; mistaken identity was just the tip of the iceberg. Thanks to Dr Fate accidentally causing the big switcheroo, the Flash got to see what life was like from Luthor’s perspective and not only was this the cause of much hilarity, it also offered an insight into how the bad guys got their work done. With the show being called Justice League unlimited it was always going to show how the heroes interacted, but with The Great Brain Robbery, the bad guys became the focus and in some ways the way they went about things wasn’t much different to the League.

This is when the real comedy came into fruition in the episode, as a moment such as Flash/Luthor going into the men’s room amongst the Legion of Doom headquarters, became highly amusing. Of course all villains need to pee, but it was a situation which usually never came up, and add to this that the Flash/Luthor was in the men’s room to make a private call became even funnier when he couldn’t get any phone signal. On the flipside of all this Luthor/Flash had to adjust to the fact that he was in the Watchtower, and had the Green Lantern, Mr Terrific and Dr Fate on his tail because they knew he was really Luthor. In a brief pause Luthor/Flash decided he might as well use this as the perfect opportunity to find out the Flash’s secret identity, but it backfired because even when he saw the Flash’s true face in the mirror, he still had no idea who he was!

The Great Brain Robbery had a fantastic plot device to flesh out the other side to the constant fight between good and evil, and did so with enough humour that it kept going beyond the simple concept. Thankfully when Luthor did regain his own body, the fact that his fellow Doom members no longer trusted him, also gave the opportunity to demonstrate why he is the best at what he does, meaning they would never mistake who he was again.

08.jpg

10.jpg

BRAIN OF THOUGHT:
*Michael Rosenbaum voices the Flash, but he spent seven years playing Lex Luthour on the TV show, Smallville.

*Gorilla Grodd is the only member of the Legion of Doom who knows that Flash/Luthor is really the Flash.

*When the Flash/Luthor leaves the rest room he refuses to wash his hands because he is evil.

*Powers Boothe who voices Gorilla Grodd, also voices Lex Luthor in the animated movie, Superman: Brainiac Attacks (2006).

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/jlu/episodes/brainrobbery/

i remember me and my bro laughing our ass off cuz we both realize it was mike and my cuz was like wtf is do funny

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
GREAT NEWS...about Michael, that show has gone to hell...glad he's not even going to waste his time.

Mo Pizorn

Star
Registered
Sometimes actors get full of themselves. They forget that Hollywood WILL replace them eventually. If he's trying to "build his brand" like so many actors/actresses are these days, he might want to reconsider his fan base's one request of him. That's the show that put him on the map and regardless of whether or not he gets along with them or not, the adult thing to do is to handle business. Coming back for one episode isn't going to kill him.

thereason

Star
Registered
Sometimes actors get full of themselves. They forget that Hollywood WILL replace them eventually. If he's trying to "build his brand" like so many actors/actresses are these days, he might want to reconsider his fan base's one request of him. That's the show that put him on the map and regardless of whether or not he gets along with them or not, the adult thing to do is to handle business. Coming back for one episode isn't going to kill him.

at least 4 a scene every sv board sayin the same thing...if he only just does a scene they'll b happy

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Which TV show's fans get to claim the actor: Joss Whedon edition

Summer Glau: River Tam on "Firefly" or Cameron Phillips on "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" or the cape
summerglau-cameron.jpg

The verdict: I'm going to give the edge to "Terminator." Glau appeared in twice as many episodes on that show, talked a whole lot more, and, well, really, there isn't much difference between the two characters anyway. One was a robot, and one was semi-catatonic.

she just helped to kill another show.. :itsawrap: for The Cape lol

Michelle Trachtenberg -- Dawn on "Buffy" or Georgina on "Gossip Girl"

georgina-gossipgirl.jpg

The verdict: This goes to "Gossip Girl," simply because if I can dissociate Dawn from "Buffy" in any way possible, I'll do it.

michelle can get wore out lol

michelle-trachtenberg-march-maxim-mag-01_89818.jpg

michelle-trachtenberg-march-maxim-mag-02_89819.jpg

michelle-trachtenberg-march-maxim-mag-03_89820.jpg

michelle-trachtenberg-complex-pictures-3.jpg

Michelle-Trachtenberg-Exposed-Chest-Complex.jpg

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
GREAT NEWS...about Michael, that show has gone to hell...glad he's not even going to waste his time.

i stopped watching when bow wow was a villian from the phantom zone. i turned it off and stopped watching that very minute.