TV WTF?!? ‘You’ Star Penn Badgley Wanted No More Intimacy Scenes On His Netflix Show, So The Creator Said Fine

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hold on hold on

Yall creatives gotta understand

It's a business

This is for the PEOPLE

tits and ass ain't never gonna go outta style

And a good sex scene can make an entire episode or movie POP

Now if it actually increases character depth complexity agency story arc

Well of course

And DO NOT act like a good sex scene cannot do that.
There's a thin line with that and usually sex/nude scenes just end up being for titillation more than anything.

It always can

It rarely does
Have to agree.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
There's a thin line with that and usually sex/nude scenes just end up being for titillation more than anything.

Have to agree.

True which again is fine and nothing to be ashamed of

Sidebar... I really wish the mature and empathetic analysis of sex in modern media you all are showing was able to be seen by the public.

KA$H

GoldMember
BGOL Investor
I've never seen an episode of the show, but if we're hitting season 4 and the star of the show is trying to kill one of the main draws of the show; then I'd be pissed as a showrunner. If the people aren't entertained with this new direction; then the show is as good as dead. Plus dude's wife is going to be just as insecure as before.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
True which again is fine and nothing to be ashamed of

Sidebar... I really wish the mature and empathetic analysis of sex in modern media you all are showing was able to be seen by the public.
The REAL litmus test is how well the show will do once they cut the sex scenes down. If ratings drop then we KNOW what people tuned in for :giggle:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I've never seen an episode of the show, but if we're hitting season 4 and the star of the show is trying to kill one of the main draws of the show; then I'd be pissed as a showrunner. If the people aren't entertained with this new direction; then the show is as good as dead. Plus dude's wife is going to be just as insecure as before.

IONO man...actors fuck around ALL the time. You can talk about being professional if you want to...at the end the day you STILL have somebodys BOOTY in your hands.

you can call that ACTING if you want...but LOOK at that shit! Now if that was your WIFE and she's doing that on a tv showr REGULARLY THRU OUT THE SEASON...oh and the show got picked up for ANOTHER SEASON...now you tell me how you'd feel about that shit?? BE HONEST :giggle:

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not as extreme as to what Kirk Cameron and Neal McDonough do when they have just a kissing scene with an actress but does he think he will be that tempted to cheat?

KA$H

GoldMember
BGOL Investor
IONO man...actors fuck around ALL the time. You can talk about being professional if you want to...at the end the day you STILL have somebodys BOOTY in your hands.

you can call that ACTING if you want...but LOOK at that shit! Now if that was your WIFE and she's doing that on a tv showr REGULARLY THRU OUT THE SEASON...oh and the show got picked up for ANOTHER SEASON...now you tell me how you'd feel about that shit?? BE HONEST 

I hear what you're saying, but I would not marry an actress; if I had a problem with her career. It's like marrying an ER doctor and getting mad that they work at night. It's part of the job.
:dunno:

Her insecurity shouldn't jeopardize his career.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I hear what you're saying, but I would not marry an actress; if I had a problem with her career. It's like marrying an ER doctor and getting mad that they work at night. It's part of the job.
:dunno:

Her insecurity shouldn't jeopardize his career.
Yeah but you're assuming the problem is his wife..dude said he wanted to stop doing it for typecasting reasons and to respect his marriage and relationship. That last part feels to me like dude was probably starting to get tempted. So his wife most likely didn't object so much as he was feeling some kind of way about it.

KA$H

GoldMember
BGOL Investor
Yeah but you're assuming the problem is his wife..dude said he wanted to stop doing it for typecasting reasons and to respect his marriage and relationship. That last part feels to me like dude was probably starting to get tempted. So his wife most likely didn't object so much as he was feeling some kind of way about it.

Fair enough....

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
What Penn's wife look like..there has to be a real reason he said no more sex scenes :lol:

gettyimages-675265878-1581362744.jpg

ace8ff2e446c70f53163b5a9fac1a405.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

You boss discusses that shocking Joe twist and what it means for the series

"He's not like the Superman of killers where he has no Achilles heel. If only he didn't believe in love so desperately, he could just do this forever."

Warning: This post contains spoilers from season 4, part 2 of You.
Joe Goldberg thought he found himself in the middle of a complicated whodunnit, only to find out that, once again, he was the killer.
In part 2 of You's fourth season, Penn Badgley's former bookstore manager discovered that Rhys (Ed Speleers), a.k.a. the person he identified as the Eat the Rich killer was... not real. But rather, Rhys is a figment of Joe's imagination. It seems all that killing and head trauma finally led Joe to a psychotic break.
And now, there's no limit to what Joe (and Rhys) can do. EW spoke with You showrunner Sera Gamble about the twist and what it means for (a potential) season 5.

Penn Badgley as Joe Goldberg

| CREDIT: COURTESY OF NETFLIX
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: What did you all like about having Joe ultimately be the killer?
SERA GAMBLE:
We knew it was gonna end up being Joe, which made figuring out the whodunnit 100 percent harder. There [were] a lot of flow charts happening and keeping track of who is where when to make sure your motive and opportunity line up. Along the way, I heard from maybe one or two people who worked on the show who weren't writers who were just like, "You know, it's pretty satisfying, that whodunnit. Are you sure you wanna do this bats--- crazy thing to your season that's gonna completely overshadow it on every level?" [Laughs] It's like a little bit of, "You do know that you're driving the car onto the train tracks, right?" But I'm pretty sure we're gonna be able to drive straight through to safety. I'm pretty sure we won't get hit by the train. It's fine.

Sometimes the best twist is the obvious answer.
Doing twists and reveals and being able to surprise the audience, some of that is really necessary for this show. But it's not really possible to completely hide the ball when you also are trying to play fair with your story. So what all of that adds up to is that you have to embrace the fact that this is just one part of your job and the most important part is not just to shock you so badly that you fall off the couch when you see that it's Joe. But it's more about how the story really starts at that moment. Now we're into the WTF of it all and that's the part that's gonna be satisfying. It's understanding why it's been happening.
What went into the decision to have him finally fully break?
It's not really a show about how somebody does what Joe does and gets caught. It's more about how we've been watching movies where people more or less do what Joe does for the most part, and they're on the poster for the romantic comedy. He's unhinged when you meet him, but he gets more so as you follow him through the story. And so we've been lucky enough to tell the story of this guy for four solid seasons and he's had devastating traumas in that time, not to mention head injuries. [Laughs] We were like, "He starts a bit crazy. I think we should let him get crazier and crazier and see how crazy he can get and still be a guy you would meet in a bookstore and really trust his recommendations and ask him to watch your laptop while you go to the bathroom."
There is the fakeout when he jumps off the bridge. For a second, I seriously wondered if you all were killing him. Did you consider it?
One of the goals when you're writing a show that has a lot of life-or-death danger is to convincingly tell a story where the audience does not really believe anyone is safe. So that's great that you were thinking that. We've been trying to be just unpredictable enough that you get upset when he falls into the water, you know? Cause anything could happen. Sarcastically, before we ever even cast the show, we said, "If a love interest comes along and works a lot better, the show could just left turn." But then as soon as we shot episode 1 with Penn, it was so clear. The show is Joe's story. What we're making is a show that tracks the arc of a character from beginning to end.
So is he essentially unleashed going into season 5?
Yeah. He has, in some ways, really gotten out of his own way. You see that in his last scene with Nadia [Amy-Leigh Hickman]. The thing that's to me the most chilling is that that doesn't mean that his feelings have all been cut off or that he's no longer a person who cares. He's still both. This was Rhys' pitch to him, was really that he's been working at half-power basically this whole time with the fact that he still holds the idea of romantic love in such high esteem. Love and mentorship are so important to him. That's really the double-edged sword that still remains. He's not like the Superman of killers where he has no Achilles heel. If only he didn't believe in love so desperately, he could just do this forever. And I would definitely be convinced he'd live to 100, but I'm not so sure because he wants to be the perfect boyfriend. [Laughs]

Tati Gabrielle on 'You'

| CREDIT: NETFLIX
Do you know how this show ends?
We have some ideas that we've been talking about pretty much from the beginning. The thing that we have the most is an ongoing debate. Certainly [executive producer] Greg [Berlanti] and I have talked with Penn about like, this is something we're envisioning for the end, but it's really the debate about what kind of justice would be fair and appropriate for a guy like Joe. And then do we believe that he would get that kind of punishment? My short answer is like, maybe not from the American system. But there might be other ways. [Laughs] So that's the stuff we're talking about.
I won't ask if she'll be back, but I'll put it this way: Was it a purposeful choice to leave Marienne (Tati Gabrielle) alive?
Yes. Anytime someone is still out there, it's both a threat to Joe and also a continuing threat to them. I'll just be honest with you, it's rare but sometimes we get to give somebody a happy ending, at least for now. [Laughs] Marienne was a character we just didn't wanna tear to shreds at the end of the day. She had been through so much by the time we met her. She was the character who kind of broke Joe's brain because she has so much integrity. So we figured that was a worthy pursuit to bend ourselves into crazy shapes, to figure out a way to get her out of the season alive. [Laughs]
You season 4 is streaming now on Netflix.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@largebillsonlyplease @geechiedan

Penn Badgley says backlash over request for fewer sex scenes was 'blown out of proportion'

The You star made headlines when he said he asked to cut down on "intimacy scenes" in the latest season of the Netflix hit.
By Jessica WangMarch 14, 2023 at 05:24 PM EDT

Penn Badgley is weighing in on the controversy he set off when he recently revealed that he requested to perform fewer sex scenes in the latest season of his hit Netflix series You, and that he intends to do the same for future projects.

In an interview with GQ published Tuesday, the actor said he was somewhat surprised by the backlash to his comments, which was "blown out of proportion."

"What I was speaking about wasn't actually the final product," Badgley said. "It was sort of like the culture inherent to the production of all movies, but particularly those scenes. It's like, look, we know that Hollywood has had a history of flagrant exploitation and abuse."

He also noted that he had been "nervous to even have that conversation" with You showrunner Sera Gamble, who was gracious about his concerns. "It was not easy," Badgley said. "It was easy because of Sera's response, and I felt relieved. But technically speaking, if I thought I'd had the ability to set that boundary earlier, I would have."

The actor said he's aware that his decision could affect his career: "We shall see if setting that boundary, of course, has any ramifications. Just simply, it does limit the number of projects you can be a part of."

Badgley revealed on his Podcrushed podcast last month that he had requested to minimize "intimacy scenes" in You season 4. "This is actually a decision I had made before I took the show," he said. "I don't think I had ever mentioned it publicly, but one of the main things is like, do I want to put myself back in a career path where I'm just always a romantic lead?"

He added, "Fidelity, in every relationship, and especially my marriage, is important to me. And it just got to that point where I don't want to do that."
Reactions to Badgley's remarks were varied, with some observers criticizing the actor's equation of sex scenes to real sex, and also pointing to the employment of intimacy coordinators on set. Regardless, Badgley told GQ that his request "didn't change the trajectory of the season at all" and added, "I mean, [my character] was naturally ready to not be in that position anymore."

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Penn Badgley is not done with You
Amid the rampant success of Netflix’s horny serial killer drama, the former Gossip Girl star (and TikTok sensation) is still learning how to deal with ungodly levels of thirst
By Kerensa Cadenas
14 March 2023
When Penn Badgley enters the Ace Hotel’s restaurant on a warm but grey winter’s day in Brooklyn, the two women next to me, who had been chattering over a table of shared plates, begin shrieking.

“I need him.”
“Shut the fuck up!”
When Badgley comes over to introduce himself, these women – evidently among the millions of fans of his Netflix series You – berate me for not telling them who I was waiting for. They ask Badgley for selfies, and he obliges while the women ask him things like “Will you stalk me?” and “I want to be loved like that!” It’s only after they reluctantly return to their own table that Badgley takes a deep breath and settles in. “I’ve seen this many times,” he says.

Badgley has been playing Joe Goldberg on You since 2018, and the furore around the show and its protagonist – namely that fans can’t help but openly lust after him despite his murderous tendencies – seems to grow exponentially with each passing season. The striking features and dark curls that made Badgley a Gossip Girl crush back in the mid-noughties (he played that show’s lead, Dan Humphrey, and – spoiler – the titular gossip blogger) are once again put to killer use. Joe is, at least on the surface, a dream guy – gorgeous in an unkempt way, an avid reader and attentive listener. The twist is he’s also a serial murderer with a penchant for killing the women he claims to love.
© 2022 Netflix, Inc.
That little detail hasn’t done much to deter the lust for Joe or, by proxy, Badgley. After its February premiere, part one of You season four – which sees Joe relocate, clunkily, to London – was in the top 10 most-watched shows on Netflix in 90 countries. A quick search for “Joe Goldberg” on Twitter unearths the depths of attraction and revulsion people feel towards the character, from fancams set to pop songs about psychopaths to pithy memes and many, many thirsty tweets. Still, the interaction at our table seems to have unsettled Badgley a bit. “I can't recall someone literally saying, like it was a tweet, ‘I want someone to love me like that’,” he says. “It's different hearing it in person.”
WATCH

Rupert Grint Answers Your Questions

ADVERTISEMENT

Things around us have calmed down: the women have left and the rest of the restaurant seems unfazed about Badgley’s presence, with only a few stolen glances coming our way. Still, our waitress can’t help but chime in, too. “I can’t believe I’m serving you,” she says as she takes his eggs order (over easy, if you were wondering).
TV
The rabid sexualisation of male actors is getting creepy
By Brit Dawson
“I have been in this position now for 16 years,” he says. “[Gossip Girl] was the first time I had my face on a Times Square billboard. And I have another one this season. For anyone to act as though that's just a byproduct of what you do, I think is outlandishly delusional.” He is conscious of how these parasocial relationships that other people have with him affect his own real-life relationships. “Every relationship you have – every single one, down to your parents, your children, and everybody outside of that – it influences every single relationship in ways that are always unpredictable and a bit tricky. And then everywhere you go, that happens.”

Fame is something Badgley has lately begun to examine head-on. He recommended that his You co-star Lukas Gage – who is currently in a position similar to Badgley’s early days on Gossip Girl – read an essay by Zadie Smith about fandom entitled “Meet Justin Bieber!”. “It is the most brilliant analysis of the phenomenon of fame,” says Badgley. "She pontificates on her own fascination with mega-celebrities like Michael Jackson and Justin Bieber, how they become a love object and how people interface with that.”
“[Badgley] holds [this position of fame] with tremendous grace, and that very much predates this show,” You creator Sera Gamble tells me over the phone. “It's something that he had to learn when Gossip Girl became a big hit and he was recognised everywhere he went. It's fundamentally just an insane thing; the fever pitch of the parasocial relationship is kind of terrifying. Penn has a wonderful sense of humour about it, but I think it's very strange to be treated that way when you're just walking through the world.”
© 2022 Netflix, Inc.

MOST POPULAR

ADVERTISEMENT

You’s most recent season opens with Joe teaching English classes at a British university under the identity of Professor Jonathan Moore. After a colleague gets him involved in a group of upper-crust socialites, he becomes close with a writer, Rhys Montrose (Ed Speleers). But over the course of the following episodes, Joe’s new life spirals: he’s being blackmailed by an unknown texter, falls for a new woman, Kate (Charlotte Ritchie), and another serial killer is targeting his new friend circle.
You has always been a show full of wild twists and turns, but seemingly setting Joe up to become a hero felt like the biggest shock of all. After all the bodies he’s buried, making him into a Batman- or Dexter-esque figure risked being You’s jump-the-shark moment. Thankfully, Gamble and Badgley always knew they would never give Joe an easy way out. “The whole thing has been building towards seeing Joe in a different light, truly, which we've never ever done before,” Badgley says.
TV
Everything You season 4 gets right – and wrong – about London
By Lucy Ford
When you do see Joe’s now-infamous glass cage (where he has held victims captive throughout the entire series), the weight of what’s about to happen in the second half of the season sinks in. His star student and amateur sleuth Nadia (Amy-Leigh Hickman) discovers that Professor Jonathan Moore is actually serial killer Joe Goldberg, starting the ball rolling for his downfall. “It has to go to this place for five episodes where it's like, ‘Is he going to become a hero as we've all wanted him to?’ It doesn't make any sense when Joe becomes a hero,” Badgley says. “This is the only place the show could have ever gone and remain relevant, remain responsible, remain intelligent, remain sensitive, but true.”
The climax of the season (spoilers) is the audience’s realisation that the Rhys we’ve been seeing is just a figment of Joe’s imagination, a physical embodiment of the darkest side of his personality. Joe has been the “Eat the Rich killer” all along, and the do-gooder version of himself has been entirely unaware of it, having experienced a total psychotic break. Things come to a head when, having realised the situation, Joe attempts to kill the “good” part of himself, along with the real Rhys. “First of all, the depiction of suicide is an incredibly important and sensitive and volatile topic,” Badgley says. “He does attempt [it]. However, the bizarre logic of this show, which I think at its best works really brilliantly, is that he's not killing himself. It doesn't feel to me at all like a depiction of that. It didn't feel like that when we were making it. It didn't even feel like that when I read it.” When Joe pushes Rhys (and by proxy himself) off a bridge, he’s only killing himself to save Kate and others from his patterns. “Joe is still following the logic that he's always followed, which is, ‘I'm going to kill someone to save another.’ And the irony is that even in that act, he's still self-centred. I'm interested to see how people may respond to that.”
“THE WHOLE THING HAS BEEN BUILDING TOWARDS SEEING JOE IN A DIFFERENT LIGHT, TRULY, WHICH WE'VE NEVER EVER DONE BEFORE.”
Splitting the fourth season up into two parts might have been detrimental to the storytelling, if You’s creators hadn’t stuck the landing. I mention to Badgley that after watching the first half, I was worried about where the show was going to take Joe next. Badgley had the same feelings: “It wasn't ever meant to be released as two parts. I don't know what the conversations were with Sera Gamble and [cocreator] Greg Berlanti, for instance. I think that's just Netflix's economic reality. And I think it makes sense, generally, to release things in instalments. I like that. When I found out, I was like, ‘We're going to leave a month between [episodes] five and six? That's a big old diversion.’ Because, to me, it doesn't all come home until you finally see the cage.”

MOST POPULAR

ADVERTISEMENT

It’s not only in Joe’s psychosis that You has departed from previous seasons. His relationship with Kate is different from past entanglements – although the couple shares romantic moments, they tend to involve banter over bad Indian food instead of heavy petting.

On his podcast Podcrushed in February, Badgley revealed he asked You creator Sera Gamble if he could opt out of sex scenes in the show. “Fidelity in every relationship, including my marriage, is important to me,” Badgley explains. “It’s got to the point where I don’t want to do [sex scenes].” Badgley has been in a relationship with Domino Kirke, a doula and singer, since 2014; they have a son together, and he’s the stepfather of Kirke’s son from a previous relationship.
READ MORE
You s5 could potentially be a “grand finale” for Joe
While another season hasn't officially been greenlit, season 4 left a lot of ground to bury more bodies
By Lucy Ford
The comment was one of those fairly innocuous things that, overnight, turned into a rampant online debate about the future of onscreen intimacy, with many who questioned his suggestion taking qualms with his reasoning – that simulated sex equated, in some way, to cheating, or at least had a negative impact on relationships. Badgley says that he was somewhat taken aback by the reaction to his comments, which feel “blown out of proportion”, but is all too aware of how the internet takes things out of context. “What I was speaking about wasn't actually the final product,” he says. “It was sort of like the culture inherent to the production of all movies, but particularly those scenes. It's like, look, we know that Hollywood has had a history of flagrant exploitation and abuse.” (Gamble says that Joe will always be a “romantic hero”, even if the sex on the show is depicted differently than before.)
Setting boundaries at work is anyone’s right, but for Badgley, the confidence to do so has only come with his increased power over the course of his career. “I was nervous to even have that conversation. It was not easy. It was easy because of Sera's response, and I felt relieved. But technically speaking, if I thought I'd had the ability to set that boundary earlier, I would have.” He is, he says, testing the water with this idea, aware that it may impact his career. “We shall see if setting that boundary, of course, has any ramifications. Just simply, it does limit the number of projects you can be a part of.”
Did his decision impact the writing of the show? “It didn't change the trajectory of the season at all,” he says. “I mean, Joe was naturally ready to not be in that position anymore.”
© 2022 Netflix, Inc.

MOST POPULAR

ADVERTISEMENT

Throughout our breakfast, Badgley speaks about wanting to be authentic, transparent, and perhaps radically honest – even if it puts him in the line of fire. “Every couple of days I'll get on Twitter and just do a quick scroll. And I saw somebody saying something about something that they thought I'd said, which was several layers of context from what I did say. And this person was like, ‘Can this douche please shut up?’ It was something along those lines. And I was just like, ‘Yeah, bro, feel you.’”
For Badgley, fame now feels like an area of study, where he can learn more about the place he wants to inhabit. He mentions Zadie Smith’s essay again, urging me to read it; when I do, I think of the women at the café seeing Badgley as a kind of illusion – a man made up of the characters he has played.
TV
How Bella Ramsey won the apocalypse
By Jack King
It’s an idea Badgley has been exploring of late through his TikTok. His videos play with the idea of celebrity and his own complicated relationship with it. Badgley’s first TikTok in October 2022 shows him getting a surprise visit from Joe, set to Taylor Swift’s “Anti-Hero” (“I’m the problem / it’s me”). He regularly responds to fans and does choreographed dances with them, and recently appeared on The Drew Barrymore Show, with Barrymore trapped in Joe’s glass cage. “Authenticity is a challenge for people in my position, because you can have good intentions and you can try to start a meaningful conversation, but frankly, there's just too many people involved,” he says. “So past a certain point, I don't know what's authentic. Fame challenges that to the most extreme degree.”
Badgley talks a lot about existing in the middle of things. His production company, The Middle Productions, is named precisely for that space, one that he’s always found interesting – spiritual, even. What he’s trying to do with his TikTok now, he wouldn’t have been able to 10 years ago, he tells me as he sips his tea. “Part of it is maturity. Part of it is recognising that I know who I am and who I'm not and where I am and where I'm not. And the transition from Gossip Girl to becoming You is a unique opportunity that isn't afforded to a lot of people who are working. There's an aspect of cultural conversation between the two shows. I think the TikToks are finally making an art of it, as I see it.”
© 2022 Netflix, Inc.

MOST POPULAR

ADVERTISEMENT

Right now, Badgley is not sure how he’ll feel when You ends. Even if season four so far feels like the beginning of the end of Joe’s journey, Badgley can’t confirm or deny rumours about a fifth season of the show. “I know what Greg pitched me a few years back as what he thought was the right way to end. If there’s another one, it’s going to be, I think, a grand finale.

Aside from getting some relaxation when You ends, he knows he wants to continue his behind-the-scenes work, read more, play some guitar, maybe see more films in theatres (the only one he’s seen of late is Jordan Peele’s Nope, which he loved), and spend time with his family. Playing Joe, he says, has not been without its tribulations. He’s able to shake off the mental aspects of the character. “The only aspect of it that stays with me is the physical,” he says. “I have back problems often in the middle of the season – there's a physical echo of being that tense for that much of the day.”
The next steps of his career will likely be behind the camera (he made his directorial debut with You season four’s penultimate episode). “Maybe because I've done this now for so long, directing and writing and producing are all far more interesting to me,” he says. He has recently bought the rights to David Sedaris’s short story “Jamboree” for a feature film.
As we finish up, we realise we’ve been so deep in conversation that we haven’t noticed a fire alarm has been going off.
“Am I saying woe is me? No. But I'm taking stock of my life and my experience,” Badgley says. “The intellectual experience, what I'm able to spin from it, is the stuff of life. You don't really have freedom or control over the way you feel. You have freedom and control in how you respond to your feelings. So my life in a way is how I respond to all of this – and that, I feel good about.”

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
When Penn Badgley enters the Ace Hotel’s restaurant on a warm but grey winter’s day in Brooklyn, the two women next to me, who had been chattering over a table of shared plates, begin shrieking.

“I need him.”
“Shut the fuck up!”
When Badgley comes over to introduce himself, these women – evidently among the millions of fans of his Netflix series You – berate me for not telling them who I was waiting for. They ask Badgley for selfies, and he obliges while the women ask him things like “Will you stalk me?” and “I want to be loved like that!” It’s only after they reluctantly return to their own table that Badgley takes a deep breath and settles in. “I’ve seen this many times,” he says.
Must be the CAC women viewers :lol:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Meanwhile....on the other side of the world.....

Alison Brie says it's not 'weird' that husband Dave Franco directs her sex scenes

63f0d7f27b15f100194d1b29

Alison Brie opened up about her husband, Dave Franco, directing her sex scenes in their upcoming film," Somebody I Used to Know."

Brie, 40, shared details about working with Franco, 37, during an interview with Jezebel published Friday. The couple, married in March 2017, cowrote the film and Franco directed it. Brie told the outlet that she and Franco don't feel "uncomfortable" by the situation.

"We've worked together enough now," Brie said. "The second film we did together, ever, as actors was Jeff Baena's 'The Little Hours,' and in that movie, Dave has make-out or sex scenes with three other actresses and me. So, I just feel like that was the ripping of the band-aid."

Brie continued that her explanation might sound "wild," but she and Franco are professionals.

"We are actors. This is our job. It's actually not that weird, and with something like this, because it's our baby that we made together, I think our first priority is always the movie," Brie told Jezebel.

Riley Keough Reveals 'Awkward' Experience With 'Daisy Jones' Sex Scene

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
You

8/10

This is a damn good thriller series. Plenty of violence and suspense in each episode to keep you glued to the screen.

The primary character does his role well being that he doesn’t look or fit the profile of a serial killer.

The first two seasons mainly focus on the killer looking for his perfect partner in life. He finds her toward the end of the 2nd season.

The 3rd season goes into their relationship and the series takes a different direction being now there are two primary characters. Season 3 keeps the same pace and tone as the first two seasons and amps it up on suspense until the season finale.

Graphic violence is at a low, but violence is handled well to get the point. Similar to the first Halloween movie back in the 1970s.

For the Thirsty, plenty of eye candy in all 3 seasons to keep you glued to the screen.

For the Gay Agenda trackers, there is a WM/BM openly gay couple. Nothing graphic is shown. There is a also a little lesbian action, nothing graphic is shown.

For the Militants, plenty of interracial in the series mainly around WM/BW. Not much is shown but PDA.

For the Pervs, there is a sexual relationship between a adult woman and teenage boy. There is also a little interracial swinging action. There is also some minor sexual deviancy to tickle you.

This is a good suspense, thriller series to watch with your girl, if you are trying to get her into stuff like this. The series originally debuted on the Lifetime Network and got high ratings being women mainly watched it. Lifetime approved a 2nd season and Netflix grabbed it and has continued it with good response.

Synopsis

What would you do for love? For a brilliant male bookstore manager who crosses paths with an aspiring female writer, this question is put to the test. A charming yet awkward crush becomes something even more sinister when the writer becomes the manager's obsession. Using social media and the internet, he uses every tool at his disposal to become close to her, even going so far as to remove any obstacle --including people -- that stands in his way of getting to her.

p14418847_b_v13_ab.jpg

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
You
Season 4
Part One

Just finished watching Part 1 of the season.

The season pretty much follows the premise of prior seasons with it being independent of other seasons to a point.

This season starts out as a “ Who Done It” with Joe somewhat playing Detective to a number of killings involving the Elite in London.

Each episode is a slow burn, but ends with some good suspense to keep you watching the series.

For the Gay Agenda trackers, there is full frontal male nudity including a “Prince Albert”. There is also some watersports between a WM/BM.

There are 5 episodes that run about 45 minutes each.