UFC - Islam Makhachev Is Trying To Get That Easy Money! Calls Out Leon Edwards!

Who you got to win?

• Makhachev

• Edwards

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

bxclark

Rising Star
Platinum Member
wait did edwards fight that covington dude already???
Nope. Dana could like this option. You make a good point though... Colby gonna put asses on seats but I wonder if that lawsuit he has against Masvidal will fuck him up somehow.. didn't he claim brain damage or something like that?

Either way, I don't think Leon would make it out of the first round w Islam. Leon would need luck on his side to beat Colby.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nope. Dana could like this option. You make a good point though... Colby gonna put asses on seats but I wonder if that lawsuit he has against Masvidal will fuck him up somehow.. didn't he claim brain damage or something like that?

Either way, I don't think Leon would make it out of the first round w Islam. Leon would need luck on his side to beat Colby.
I havent really been keeping up with any sports lately.... but Im slowly getting back into it, now just by the

looks of this Islam guy, he looks like he has some serious strength and ground game....

and I only know of this dude Leon from the Nate Diaz fight, he fuck Nate up serious, I dont know

how Nate caught him late in the fight.. but nevertheless he left Nate A bloody mess...

If Leon could keep the fight on feet and not the ground, I think he has a good chance of winning by decision...

I would put a stack on Leon keeping his winning streak going....

the crazy shit is how youtubers are making money in the fight game...

In fact yo boy nate diaz fights one of the Paul bros pretty soon.... its good that UFC fighters

get a chance to make some real money... Dana did a lot for the sport but he cheap as fuck when it comes

to payin ufc fighters the money they deserve...should be a min of a hundred thousand per fight for every fighter... but we know that aint going to happen under dana,

bxclark

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I havent really been keeping up with any sports lately.... but Im slowly getting back into it, now just by the

looks of this Islam guy, he looks like he has some serious strength and ground game....

and I only know of this dude Leon from the Nate Diaz fight, he fuck Nate up serious, I dont know

how Nate caught him late in the fight.. but nevertheless he left Nate A bloody mess...

If Leon could keep the fight on feet and not the ground, I think he has a good chance of winning by decision...

I would put a stack on Leon keeping his winning streak going....

the crazy shit is how youtubers are making money in the fight game...

In fact yo boy nate diaz fights one of the Paul bros pretty soon.... its good that UFC fighters

get a chance to make some real money... Dana did a lot for the sport but he cheap as fuck when it comes

to payin ufc fighters the money they deserve...should be a min of a hundred thousand per fight for every fighter... but we know that aint going to happen under dana,
If Volk (although he went up a weight class to fight him) who is literally one the one very best in the sport right now couldn't beat Makhachev after a five round war, I don't see how Leon stands a chance. The Volk/Makhachev fight was a technical masterclass.

Leon has improved and I don't count anyone out in MMA, but I'd be surprised if he comes close to winning against Islam.

The YouTubers are getting it. If people are going to pay, shit... why not. To your point, UFC fighters don't get paid near what they should. Dana is about that bottom line at the end of the day. He's making the investors a lot of money so they love him.

The fact that he slapped his wife on camera and made it out unscathed speaks to how important Dana is to that sport. They probably pulled out all the stops to protect that man.

Last edited:

^SpiderMan^

Mackin Arachnid
BGOL Investor
Islam will win this fight. Dana wants Colby Covington to get the title though. Both Covington and Islam are bad matchups for Leon and Islam is a favorite out of the 3.

Side note: The UFC really encourages white American champions because they are who their primary fan base will support. Every Black UFC champ has had a tough road to get and keep the title. If there are 2 Black contenders they always fight each other prior to title shots while white contenders are protected until they have to take a bad matchup. There have been plenty of white champs that have had an easy road. The most egregious of this was when Jacare and Yoel Romero were head and shoulders over everybody in their division then had to fight each other while Bisping and Rockhold got the title shot.

DragonXJC

I joke and I know things
BGOL Investor
Leon's weakness is grappling, which Usman exploited.
Islam's weakness is cardio, which Volk exploited.

I got Leon by decision, his cardio is insane. Islam fades after the 2nd round.

bxclark

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Islam will win this fight. Dana wants Colby Covington to get the title though. Both Covington and Islam are bad matchups for Leon and Islam is a favorite out of the 3.

Side note: The UFC really encourages white American champions because they are who their primary fan base will support. Every Black UFC champ has had a tough road to get and keep the title. If there are 2 Black contenders they always fight each other prior to title shots while white contenders are protected until they have to take a bad matchup. There have been plenty of white champs that have had an easy road. The most egregious of this was when Jacare and Yoel Romero were head and shoulders over everybody in their division then had to fight each other while Bisping and Rockhold got the title shot.
Concurred. I think Izzy and MAYBE Usman are the only two brothers they appear to be doing right by and even then, they'd make way more in boxing.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I want to see Islam - Volk Part 2.

Their first fight earlier this year was highly competitive, and both have proven to be amongst the very best in the sport.

I wouldn't mind seeing an eventual Islam - Oliveira rematch either. Oliveira has had a great number of years, but wasn't at his best and didn't perform to his potential in the 1st fight with him. He's got renewed confidence now as exhibited by his easy victory over Dariush last month. I wouldn't say to put him back in there with Islam just yet. But give him another definitive win or two, and then give him another shot. He's one of the most exciting fighters in the sport ... and I'm sure he'd perform better the 2nd time around.

Princenubian

Rising Star
Registered

Agreed, I would probably have to stop watching if Cov wins.

Imagine the shi+ show Dana would put on w Trump, Don Jr if Cov wins.

They’ll turn it into a patriotic this is for America white power event.

Cov is an elite wrestler and is a tough SOB, tough matchup for anyone.

Carry on…..

bxclark

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I want to see Islam - Volk Part 2.

Their first fight earlier this year was highly competitive, and both have proven to be amongst the very best in the sport.

I wouldn't mind seeing an eventual Islam - Oliveira rematch either. Oliveira has had a great number of years, but wasn't at his best and didn't perform to his potential in the 1st fight with him. He's got renewed confidence now as exhibited by his easy victory over Dariush last month. I wouldn't say to put him back in there with Islam just yet. But give him another definitive win or two, and then give him another shot. He's one of the most exciting fighters in the sport ... and I'm sure he'd perform better the 2nd time around.
Pure facts in both. I think the UFC knows they have something with Oliveira.

bxclark

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Agreed, I would probably have to stop watching if Cov wins.

Imagine the shi+ show Dana would put on w Trump, Don Jr if Cov wins.

They’ll turn it into a patriotic this is for America white power event.

Cov is an elite wrestler and is a tough SOB, tough matchup for anyone.

Carry on…..
Hilarious but quite possible. I'll continue watching though. I think how nonchalant Dana was with the Izz, DuPlessis call out was telling.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Pure facts in both. I think the UFC knows they have something with Oliveira.

Really cool seeing the 2nd half of Oliveira’s career. The all-time leader in finishes. Near the top of fight night bonuses accumulated. Had some ups and downs years ago, but is a certified all-action fighter these days and fan fave. When he fought in Vancouver last month, he got a huge crowd response on his walkout. They recognized him for the star he is. He was even getting emotional at that pre-fight. That’s real as fuck. Countless miles from home and people are showering you with applause for your career’s work!

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Easy work for Leon, Islam is overrated(the fighter, not the religion.. please don't behead me) he almost got beat(and in my mind and the minds of many did get beat) by a little guy who barely cuts weight to make 45, Islam is a weight bully who cuts over 20% of his body weight to make 55 and should really be fighting at welterweight. He doesn't have the strength or grappling level of khabib, just the dumb ass haircut lol

Still I don't want to see this fight at all, Islam had one defense(against a 145er) and has no business challenging for another title.