Light Heavyweight Patrick Cummins vs. Gian Villante
Bantamweight Jimmie Rivera vs. Thomas Almeida

Preliminary Card (Fox)
Welterweight Lyman Good vs. Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos
Middleweight Rafael Natal vs. Eryk Anders
Welterweight Ryan LaFlare vs. Alex Oliveira
Heavyweight Damian Grabowski vs. Chase Sherman

Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
Featherweight Jeremy Kennedy def. Kyle Bochniak Decision (unanimous) (30-27, 30-27, 29-28) 3 5:00
Bantamweight Marlon Vera def. Brian Kelleher Submission (armbar) 1 2:18
Heavyweight Júnior Albini def. Timothy Johnson KO (punches) 1 2:51
Featherweight Shane Burgos def. Godofredo Pepey Decision (unanimous) (30-26, 30-26, 29-28) 3 5:00
Lightweight Chris Wade def. Frankie Perez Decision (unanimous) (29-28, 29-28, 30-27) 3 5:00

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Thanks for the heads up
But I don't even know any of these dudes, other than Chris Weidman

:dunno::dunno::dunno:

Riggz

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Good lookin out... I missed the last one cause of that Sunday early european shit

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
Anders with a nice KO. Are the refs usually quicker to stop a fight in NY cause twice as soon as the guy hit the ground the ref was flying in to stop things.

STAR-69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Anders with a nice KO. Are the refs usually quicker to stop a fight in NY cause twice as soon as the guy hit the ground the ref was flying in to stop things.

I don't think it's a NY thing, it's because they're on FOX, they don't want to show too much violence.

will_right

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
OK Fam who ya got in this Main event? Does Weidman get his ass handed to him again or what :D IMO if Weidman doesn't win by KO Kelvin Gastelum is gonna walk him down and wear his ass out for the KO stoppage..But hey this is the UFC and ANYTHING can happen :beat:

Both these two have ground game so this win be good while it lasts :yes:

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Good 1st round. Smart gameplan from Weidman looking to get the submission locked in. Solid defense from Gastellum and he caught him with that left to close the round and give Weidman a scare.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
My fucking program guide wasnt showing it as airing but its on. Thanks fellas..

You got it, fam. Problem with the TV cards is the spacing between bouts too with the advertising breaks and such. They always run long - so the main event was just starting up as the designated tv timeslot was to wrap up. TSN in Canada has CONCACAF scheduled right now. FOX is supposed to be airing Big Bang Theory. Whenever I record MMA programming ... always set it to run 30 - 60 mins past the end time if I'm checking it out later.

will_right

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Chris owe this win to his corner...cuz he didn't know the choke was there but his corner said "the arm choke is there chris" or something to that effect.Everytime he took dude down it just happened to be in his corner..that lucky little bitch..:lol:

Riggz

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Weidman feeling himself a little too much... you lost 3 in a row before this win... you are far from being champion.. but good fight though.. he worked for that.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Weidman feeling himself a little too much... you lost 3 in a row before this win... you are far from being champion.. but good fight though.. he worked for that.

Agreed. There's some tough mofos in that division. Whittaker, Bisping, Romero, Jacare, Rockhold, GSP (if he ever decides to compete at 185, or just returns back to 170 at some point), etc. He's lucky Mousasi (his last loss) moved over to Bellator as well.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
For the fam' that missed the card and are checking it out after the fact ... you might want to check out the televised prelims. Of the 4 fights on there ... 2 were KOs, one was Fight of the Night, and the other was so-so. In no particular order. Worth your time.