Ultimate Halloween Horror Film Thread

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
I’m going to say this in the nicest way fuck youuuuuuu.. still pisses me off to this day
what-is-family-therapy.webp

julian

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
there were 4 movies that I saw that truly scared or put fear in my ass.

1. Jaws-Too this day I will never go in the ocean cause that movie scared the living hell outta me to ever go in that water cause unlike all the other horror movies Jaws is real and will eat your ass.
2. Halloween1978-This movie was so scary and well made that people forget all the events of the movie only 5 people were killed(his sister,the mechanic,the 2 girls and the boyfriend). the killings were not the point it was the idea of a serial killer stalking and killing in a calm cool methodical way which we can all see has happened in our real world.
3. the Exorcist-no explaination needed whether you believe in religious characters or not the idea of an evil entity that can inhabit us freaked me out as a child seeing this movie for the 1st time and even thou I know all the tricks of the movie I watched it recently on a Saturday night in the dark and I was still even now a little weirded out.
4. Nightnare On Elm St 1984.I have a cousin who saw this movie as a 15 year old and was so fucked up behind it she couldnt sleep with medication and right now almost 40 years later she says that movie still fucks with her sleeping habits. it was scary as hell at the time.

I think the theme of movies that scared me was that I saw all of them as a child but more so they all portrayed real life possibilites and that is what is scary especially if it is well made and all 4 of these were well made movies and in the case of Halloween and Jaws were great movies that stand up to 2023 eyes.

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You guys have named most of my favorites already, with It Follows being on of my all-time favorites. I was writing a script that was something like this a few years before it came out. I was mad as hell when it dropped but semi-glad knowing that the idea would have worked.

I'll throw a few honorable mentions out:

28 Days Later
The Girl With All The Gifts
Ringu/The Ring (Japanese version)
V/H/S
[REC] Spanish version
Let The Right One In
Happy Death Day (yeah, I said it)
Audition
You're Next
Trick Or Treat (1986)
Martyrs (2008) You don't have the stomach for this one.

Since most of my favorites were already picked, I'm just throwing these out there.

Also, technically BLADE is a horror movie.

Last edited:

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
It's WAY too many classics to even do a top 20, let alone a top ten.You guys came up with some great ones not on my list(s).
I feel bad leaving some out. But here's some genre defining ones just off the top of my head,

The Omen (1976)
The Exorcist
Carrie (1976)
The Crazies (2010)
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)
The Conjuring
Trilogy of Terror
Halloween (1978)
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Poltergeist

Honorable Mentions:
Rosemary's Baby
Dawn of the Dead (1978)
The Bad Seed (1956)
The Entity
The Birds (1963)
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
Damien: Omen II
The Car (1977)
Burnt Offerings
The Descent

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor
Series

Tales from the dark side

Tales from the crypt

Twilight zone
I still remember I saw the episode of that where a fat ass woman ordered this mysterious drug to lose weight. It ends up making her able to hear and talk to food. She can hear it suffering when it's eaten. After awhile she ends up sewing her mouth shut and dying of starvation.

I saw that shit around the age of 9 at my grandma's house and still remember it. The writers had to be on some shit.

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor
It's WAY too many classics to even do a top 20, let alone a top ten.You guys came up with some great ones not on my list(s).
I feel bad leaving some out. But here's some genre defining ones just off the top of my head,

The Omen (1976)
The Exorcist
Carrie (1976)
The Crazies (2010)
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)
The Conjuring
Trilogy of Terror
Halloween (1978)
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Poltergeist

Honorable Mentions:
Rosemary's Baby
Dawn of the Dead (1978)
The Bad Seed (1956)
The Entity
The Birds (1963)
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
Damien: Omen II
The Car (1977)
Burnt Offerings
The Descent
Is The Car like a Christine ripoff or something else completely? Bad ass list though. Real gems right there.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend