University of Washington softball got some flavor on that squad

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They aren't beating Oklahoma though

(ETA) If you wanna push women's sports PUSH SOFTBALL and stop force-feeding basketball.

Niggas don't like baseball, and that includes soft.

the-office-walk-away.gif

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
Why when I can speak for the people?

MLB's percentage of Black players is the lowest since 1955. What's baseball doing to fix that?​

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ers-baseball-jackie-robinson-day/11657961002/

Number of Black MLB players is lowest in decades, and some are looking to youth baseball for a cause

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/news/2023/10/02/black-mlb-players
Are they counting the Spanish-speaking Negro as black or just other . Chuckles

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

MLB's percentage of Black players is the lowest since 1955. What's baseball doing to fix that?​

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ers-baseball-jackie-robinson-day/11657961002/

Number of Black MLB players is lowest in decades, and some are looking to youth baseball for a cause

You don't speak for the people because you're posting stats for BASEBALL, not softball.

Secondly, I'm making a case for a mainstream women's sport that has a better chance of success than basketball.

This is not an issue of who's playing baseball, it's an issue of selecting a better and more entertaining women's sport.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You don't speak for the people because you're posting stats for BASEBALL, not softball.

Secondly, I'm making a case for a mainstream women's sport that has a better chance of success than basketball.

This is not an issue of who's playing baseball, it's an issue of selecting a better and more entertaining women's sport.

That's "Your" opinion because "You're" apparently not entertained by professional women's basketball. And that's ok.

I have no opinion on baseball, I just know that Black people as a whole aren't interested in watching it or playing it.

Those are facts, not my opinion or what I'd like it to be.

Duece

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That's "Your" opinion because "You're" apparently not entertained by professional women's basketball. And that's ok.

I have no opinion on baseball, I just know that Black people as a whole aren't interested in watching it or playing it.

Those are facts, not my opinion or what I'd like it to be.

Once again, we are NOT talking about baseball

We are talking about softball, which while similar to baseball is a different sport, played by a different gender and the demographics of who plays it are much different.

and ONCE AGAIN, my original point was instead of pushing the WNBA with these forced segments on every ESPN show from Get Up! to PTI, push a sport that would probably be much better received than women's basketball. Nearly 100,000 people watched a vollyball game in Nebraska of all places, which should be an eye-opener that people might be open to women's sports if they were pushing the correct sport.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Once again, we are NOT talking about baseball

We are talking about softball, which while similar to baseball is a different sport, played by a different gender and the demographics of who plays it are much different.

and ONCE AGAIN, my original point was instead of pushing the WNBA with these forced segments on every ESPN show from Get Up! to PTI, push a sport that would probably be much better received than women's basketball. Nearly 100,000 people watched a vollyball game in Nebraska of all places, which should be an eye-opener that people might be open to women's sports if they were pushing the correct sport.

Yes it'd be great if they promoted other women's sports.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shit

Shit! I played tournament level softball for 15 years! I also coached a women's softball team back in the day for several years.

My bad, I should've said "Niggas as a whole" and not simply "Niggas".

Because apparently to some, me simply saying niggas meant every single Black person...

To them.

There's Black people playing and interested in every sport. But it's well known and documented that as a whole, the majority of Black people aren't interested in watching or in playing baseball.

BGLR1212000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

This don't mean black folks don't fuck with baseball. It just means the good competition is no longer in the city. So now that you have to travel outside of the city to get exposure, now the kids have to choose another sport that allows them to be more local. Enter basketball and football. There's various issues at play here.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This don't mean black folks don't fuck with baseball. It just means the good competition is no longer in the city. So now that you have to travel outside of the city to get exposure, now the kids have to choose another sport that allows them to be more local. Enter basketball and football. There's various issues at play here.

At this point I think you all are just fucking with me.

There's literally initiatives in place, MLB's reaching out trying to attract future players. If you look at the racial makeup of high school and college baseball teams you'll notice and absence of us.

But you all in this thread are trying to convince someone that baseball's popular amongst Black people.

Y'all can have it because I'm not sure what matrix or warped reality I'm in, but I don't like it.

In this thread I'm sure Black people love to play and watch hockey too.

BGLR1212000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
At this point I think you all are just fucking with me.

There's literally initiatives in place, MLB's reaching out trying to attract future players. If you look at the racial makeup of high school and college baseball teams you'll notice and absence of us.

But you all in this thread are trying to convince someone that baseball's popular amongst Black people.

Y'all can have it because I'm not sure what matrix or warped reality I'm in, but I don't like it.

In this thread I'm sure Black people love to play and watch hockey too.
Hey man, I'm out here in these baseball streets. I coached travel ball for 6 years man. These are my front row opinions, and the data says what it says. It don't mean I'm wrong.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hey man, I'm out here in these baseball streets. I coached travel ball for 6 years man. These are my front row opinions, and the data says what it says. It don't mean I'm wrong.

I didn't say that there weren't any Black people playing or interested in baseball.