UPDATE: Tariq Nasheed pushed for $7Mil for Hidden History Museum; FBA supports Trump/Vance 2024

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
It's sad that many of us open our wallets to talking heads without properly vetting them and their campaigns.
I think it's sadder that so many black people want to see other black people fail. Yes dude hustles but he delivers people their product. His scam is that he asks for twice as much as needed and pockets the rest. But...he still delivers. Niggas selfhate is out of control.

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
I think it's sadder that so many black people want to see other black people fail. Yes dude hustles but he delivers people their product. His scam is that he asks for twice as much as needed and pockets the rest. But...he still delivers. Niggas selfhate is out of control.
I want to see us win.

Giving a man money to build a history museum who makes and sells history documentary media littered with unqualified made up "facts", unsubstantiated "history", repetition of internet memes and rumors and outright lies is a bad match.

We have many good Black history museums already, and there will be others.

"Self hate" and "hating" is narrow thinking that doesn't apply here, except in the aspect that some of us think too little of ourselves to reject garbage and instead demand the best we can get.

alexw

Platinum Member
I want to see us win.

Giving a man money to build a history museum who makes and sells history documentary media littered with unqualified made up "facts", unsubstantiated "history", repetition of internet memes and rumors and outright lies is a bad match.

We have many good Black history museums already, and there will be others.

This is ignorance. Just because we have good black museums means we shouldn't have more? I don't have any black museums in my community and neither do millions of black Americans. Your problem is you don't want to see that man succeed. It's an inner sickness y'all have man. Seek assistance

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
This is ignorance. Just because we have good black museums means we shouldn't have more? I don't have any black museums in my community and neither do millions of black Americans. Your problem is you don't want to see that man succeed. It's an inner sickness y'all have man. Seek assistance
I notice you cherrypicked my response to you, including the part where I said I want us to win.

The substance of it was the part you didn't address:

"Giving a man money to build a history museum who makes and sells history documentary media littered with unqualified made up "facts", unsubstantiated "history", repetition of internet memes and rumors and outright lies is a bad match."

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor
I just want to know what happened to the reparations talk from FBA.

The only person that got #cutthecheck is Tariq.

alexw

Platinum Member
I notice you cherrypicked my response to you, including the part where I said I want us to win.

The substance of it was the part you didn't address:

"Giving a man money to build a history museum who makes and sells history documentary media littered with unqualified made up "facts", unsubstantiated "history", repetition of internet memes and rumors and outright lies is a bad match."

1. You basically said we had enough black museums...which is bs. we dont have nearly enough

2. you keep mentioning it being fact based. i can show you bullshit in white musuems too. So that point is moot. Dont like it..dont go but stop trying to stop others from benefiting from it.

Your problem is the man making money...blacks want other blacks to be fucking poor. Yeah he hustles but he also delivers. Fuck it let him hustle if the community is getting a museum from it.

3. I dont see how having a museum in an inner city local can be bad for the community.

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
1. You basically said we had enough black museums...which is bs. we dont have nearly enough

2. you keep mentioning it being fact based. i can show you bullshit in white musuems too. So that point is moot. Dont like it..dont go but stop trying to stop others from benefiting from it.

Your problem is the man making money...blacks want other blacks to be fucking poor. Yeah he hustles but he also delivers. Fuck it let him hustle if the community is getting a museum from it.

3. I dont see how having a museum in an inner city local can be bad for the community.
1. I did not say we had enough Black museums. I said we had Black museums already and that we will have more. What that means is, it is not as if we don't already have Black history museums. We do. I'm all for us having more of them.

2. I said the man has produced documentary material that was rife with misinformation, false internet memes presented as fact, false history and lies. Common sense would say that he isn't the one. Now if he was trying to raise money and back another Brother or Sister or group of them who are qualified to do it, that would be different.

So according to your words we should potentially accept inaccurate bullshit because whites do it? Are you hearing yourself? That's what I meant about how we need to value ourselves enough to demand excellence.

3. These are your words. I never said having a museum in an inner city locale is bad. It's not. Black history is good anywhere and is good for our community at all times. But let that history be curated by those who don't have a record of producing and disseminating "historical" material that is riddled with half truths and lies.

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
1. I did not say we had enough Black museums. I said we had Black museums already and that we will have more. What that means is, it is not as if we don't already have Black history museums. We do. I'm all for us having more of them.

2. I said the man has produced documentary material that was rife with misinformation, false internet memes presented as fact, false history and lies. Common sense would say that he isn't the one. Now if he was trying to raise money and back another Brother or Sister or group of them who are qualified to do it, that would be different.

So according to your words we should potentially accept inaccurate bullshit because whites do it? Are you hearing yourself? That's what I meant about how we need to value ourselves enough to demand excellence.

3. These are your words. I never said having a museum in an inner city locale is bad. It's not. Black history is good anywhere and is good for our community at all times. But let that history be curated by those who don't have a record of producing and disseminating "historical" material that is riddled with half truths and lies.

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
Respiration is a gay white liberal that is in BLM and voted for Biden, no one should be shocked he is against a museum for Black folks.
I'm anti barely closeted lonely, desperate, lying little brain dead, trolling, pretend militant, Q-Anon white faggot agents like you who can barely string a sentence together let alone a valid argument.

Even your typing lisps, you CAC fuck boi.

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
I'm not watching an hour+ video. If you have something to say about my argument, speak it. Not Tariq's words, your own.
I really dont care to speak to you at all honestly. You've obviously made up your mind and that's cool. But since I have your attention, who should we be donating resources to? Honest question.

dolemite73

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I don't have an issue with this museum on a micro level, but how is this museum going to close the racial wealth gap, our biggest issue, on a macro level? Instead of a million bucks invested in a museum, why not use his large platform politically while using those funds to create a political SuperPAC? There is no non-political solution to our greatest issue; closing the racial wealth gap. I have asked Tariq in the past how we can get our reparations/closing the wealth gap via non-political means and he has yet to respond. I am skeptical a hidden history museum is going to push THAT ball down the field.

I could be wrong though....

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't have an issue with this museum on a micro level, but how is this museum going to close the racial wealth gap, our biggest issue, on a macro level? Instead of a million bucks invested in a museum, why not use his large platform politically while using those funds to create a political SuperPAC? There is no non-political solution to our greatest issue; closing the racial wealth gap. I have asked Tariq in the past how we can get our reparations/closing the wealth gap via non-political means and he has yet to respond. I am skeptical a hidden history museum is going to push THAT ball down the field.

A museum is cool and all but like you said what is this doing for the greater good? Only way this museum will get a donation from me is when it opens and I can actually visit it. I'll donate then

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster

You must be new here, even though you said you've contacted him before.
If you asked him that question, I can tell you aren't an listener to Tariq, hence the reason you never got a response lol.

Also who said that this was the replacement for reparations talk?

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
I really dont care to speak to you at all honestly.
I had said nothing to you, yet you quoted me.
You've obviously made up your mind and that's cool. But since I have your attention,
If you "honestly" don't care to speak to me and it's cool that I made up my mind, why are you doing it? Why try to get my attention?
who should we be donating resources to? Honest question.
Listen. I'm cool with someone having a different viewpoint or disagreeing. I can respect that. I don't have a problem discussing opposing viewpoints. But discussion is useless if it devolves into an exchange of insults.

Resources include more than just money. Time, talents, goods, voices, organizing and also money are all resources. You can make sure kids in underserved communities have school supplies and school clothes. You can give money or time to groups like Chicago's violence interrupters. Wherever you see a need in the community is an opportunity to be of service. Look out for mutual aid organizations whose services provide for poor communities and communities in the hood and become part of that/donate resources. These are just a few things. There's many others.

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
I had said nothing to you, yet you quoted me.

If you "honestly" don't care to speak to me and it's cool that I made up my mind, why are you doing it? Why try to get my attention?

Listen. I'm cool with someone having a different viewpoint or disagreeing. I can respect that. I don't have a problem discussing opposing viewpoints. But discussion is useless if it devolves into an exchange of insults.

Resources include more than just money. Time, talents, goods, voices, organizing and also money are all resources. You can make sure kids in underserved communities have school supplies and school clothes. You can give money or time to groups like Chicago's violence interrupters. Wherever you see a need in the community is an opportunity to be of service. Look out for mutual aid organizations whose services provide for poor communities and communities in the hood and become part of that/donate resources. These are just a few things. There's many others.
I should've said that I dont mean to peesuade you. For that miscommunication, my bad.
Tariq has 7 documentaries. With probably 10k hours of Black empowerment talk online. Because there are a few pieces of wrong information, we should not support the brother?
Are you as stringent with whomever you support (I noticed you only named ONE local organization btw)?
And the Chicago violence interrupters are a fabulous organization I am sure. How does Tariq building a museum in LA stop them or any other person from doing their thng?

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
I should've said that I dont mean to peesuade you. For that miscommunication, my bad.
Tariq has 7 documentaries. With probably 10k hours of Black empowerment talk online. Because there are a few pieces of wrong information, we should not support the brother?
Are you as stringent with whomever you support (I noticed you only named ONE local organization btw)?
And the Chicago violence interrupters are a fabulous organization I am sure. How does Tariq building a museum in LA stop them or any other person from doing their thng?
It is anyone's choice to support him or not. I don't choose to. Those who do, it's their money.

That said, it's not a few pieces of wrong information that turns me off of supporting him. It was a whole bunch of wrong information within his last doc. The reason I chose that one to view is because it is his latest and therefore more reflective of where he might be currently in his outlook and methods. I fact checked it and it was amateurish, full of lies and false information and lacking in respected scholars. Also, on iMDB he stocked the reviews with 10 out of 10. The dude is a hustler. That's not an insult, it's just what he does and who he is. As I said before, I believe that disqualifies him in my eyes as him being a responsible steward of our history.

He's been consistently disingenuous in his podcasts as well and has supported white far right wing agendas repeatedly. I'm not with that. I don't see this man as an ally.

Yes I do vett causes that I've become involved with. Usually those causes weren't around a popular individual.

I won't support a hustler of my people. We've had too many of them. But there are a lot of folks who have been good for our community who weren't and aren't hustlers.

I think of people like Fred Hampton who was influential in the creation of the first free clinics in the hood, the first free school breakfast programs for kids, political education classes and such. He was rolling with people who successfully exercised their right to bear arms in order to dissuade the pigs from killing us in our communities. Tangible changes and help. And none of it was he doing to enrich himself.

Most folks who have been movers and shakers in our communities and for our people are unsung and the ones that weren't, literally put their lives on the line for us. Some gave their lives. That's love.

By their fruits will you know them.

I named one organization, yes. I didn't give you fish. I gave you a fishing pole- a good one too. It's up to you to find other causes in your area, brother. Or even out of your area. If you are serious about effecting change, I would get in touch with some of the community leaders in your area and ask them where is help needed. Many years ago, I did that and ended up building and donating a few dozen computers to new study centers for students in the hood. That was the beginning.

dolemite73

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
You must be new here, even though you said you've contacted him before.
If you asked him that question, I can tell you aren't an listener to Tariq, hence the reason you never got a response lol.

Also who said that this was the replacement for reparations talk?
He advocates not voting in order to push politicians to move our agenda, no? Again, there is no non-political solution to our racial wealth gap. So how does his stance move the ball down the field? If he had a SuperPAC and used it to get politicians into the federal govt useful to our agenda, that changes things, no? So why ask people with finite resources to fund a museum and not a SuperPAC which would really help our cause?
Again, I have no issue with what this brother is doing on a micro level, but big picture? It’s like trying to shoot a missile with a BB Gun.

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
It is anyone's choice to support him or not. I don't choose to. Those who do, it's their money.

That said, it's not a few pieces of wrong information that turns me off of supporting him. It was a whole bunch of wrong information within his last doc. The reason I chose that one to view is because it is his latest and therefore more reflective of where he might be currently in his outlook and methods. I fact checked it and it was amateurish, full of lies and false information and lacking in respected scholars. Also, on iMDB he stocked the reviews with 10 out of 10. The dude is a hustler. That's not an insult, it's just what he does and who he is. As I said before, I believe that disqualifies him in my eyes as him being a responsible steward of our history.

He's been consistently disingenuous in his podcasts as well and has supported white far right wing agendas repeatedly. I'm not with that. I don't see this man as an ally.

Yes I do vett causes that I've become involved with. Usually those causes weren't around a popular individual.

I won't support a hustler of my people. We've had too many of them. But there are a lot of folks who have been good for our community who weren't and aren't hustlers.

I think of people like Fred Hampton who was influential in the creation of the first free clinics in the hood, the first free school breakfast programs for kids, political education classes and such. He was rolling with people who successfully exercised their right to bear arms in order to dissuade the pigs from killing us in our communities. Tangible changes and help. And none of it was he doing to enrich himself.

Most folks who have been movers and shakers in our communities and for our people are unsung and the ones that weren't, literally put their lives on the line for us. Some gave their lives. That's love.

By their fruits will you know them.

I named one organization, yes. I didn't give you fish. I gave you a fishing pole- a good one too. It's up to you to find other causes in your area, brother. Or even out of your area. If you are serious about effecting change, I would get in touch with some of the community leaders in your area and ask them where is help needed. Many years ago, I did that and ended up building and donating a few dozen computers to new study centers for students in the hood. That was the beginning.
Good response, even though there are a few holes I can poke at, I won't.
Let's just agree to disagree. There are MANY people in the Black community not helping but hurting. Tariq is definitely not one of them.

Remember, there are not any perfect messengers. Only perfect messages.
:cheers:

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
He advocates not voting in order to push politicians to move our agenda, no? Again, there is no non-political solution to our racial wealth gap. So how does his stance move the ball down the field? If he had a SuperPAC and used it to get politicians into the federal govt useful to our agenda, that changes things, no? So why ask people with finite resources to fund a museum and not a SuperPAC which would really help our cause?
Again, I have no issue with what this brother is doing on a micro level, but big picture? It’s like trying to shoot a missile with a BB Gun.
I would like that if you are going to quote him, please say the ENTIRE quote.
Since it appears that you are one of the, ahem "Voteps", who dislike Tariq for insisting that the politicians we vote 90%+ for actually do tangible things for us.

My question is that we helped to get the current administration into office. They have control of the entire legislative government right now, are YOU currently happy with what your voting have gotten you so far?

dolemite73

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I would like that if you are going to quote him, please say the ENTIRE quote.
Since it appears that you are one of the, ahem "Voteps", who dislike Tariq for insisting that the politicians we vote 90%+ for actually do tangible things for us.

My question is that we helped to get the current administration into office. They have control of the entire legislative government right now, are YOU currently happy with what your voting have gotten you so far?
No. Not happy at all. But how would not voting change that equation? It won’t. You know what would? Running better candidates and financially supporting them. You know how we financially support them? With SuperPACs.

Tariq’s ultimate goal is reparations for our people. I agree with that. But there is a hustling aspect to the way he operates that does not sit well with me. And his tactics aren’t going to move us closer to his ultimate goal.

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
No. Not happy at all. But how would not voting change that equation? It won’t. You know what would? Running better candidates and financially supporting them. You know how we financially support them? With SuperPACs.

Tariq’s ultimate goal is reparations for our people. I agree with that. But there is a hustling aspect to the way he operates that does not sit well with me. And his tactics aren’t going to move us closer to his ultimate goal.
I would hope that it does the opposite of whatever voting for the Donkeys blindly since the 1960s has gotten us. Were what they refer to as an "captured electorate". So because we dont not care if they do or dont do shit for our people, you get the results that we have gotten so far. Crumbs if anything. Abstaining from voting would put the Dems on notice.

And to follow up your last paragraph, please give me just ONE time where Tariq "hustled the people"?