UPDATE: Tariq Nasheed pushed for $7Mil for Hidden History Museum; FBA supports Trump/Vance 2024

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
Thanks!
I only ever ask for yall to give the same scrutiny to your favorite entertainers and politicians that yall give to the grassroots.
Can't say that about a lot of the characters here on nBGOL.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
When Tommy Sotomayor is making sense :smh:

tenor.gif

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
I posted some links to them opening up their spending after the scandals required them to do so.

They also haven't collected "several hundreds of millions" so you see he the intentional injection of disinformation will affect narratives ?

As a tax-exempt, they do have to file financial statements but due to the scandals, they have made some of that public now.

The movement BLM has made tangible changes and on the local chapter level the local organizations have to get some credit for that
I’m still catching up with the posts since yesterday. You and I share a similar sentiment about Black Lives Matter, the organization and the larger movement that it spawned.

I was plugged into my local chapter from 2014 to 2016 and have not been active in that organization since. What you said about local chapters was true then and I imagine still holds true. Some have been more active, more organized and more committed than others. I’ve seen my local chapter personally assist and advocate for families of victims of police murder.

The greatest achievement, I believe, of BLM over it’s 8 year history was to shine the brightest spotlight yet on a cancer of our people being murdered by law enforcement. Suddenly the names of these victims became household names to the world. This scrutiny, anger and demand for justice was sustained over years into the present.

I’ve seen it be a launch pad for leaders in my local chapter to expand into other areas of justice work and community service.

I got involved because there was a chance to help. It’s a helpless feeling to day after day watch us getting wiped out again and again with no vindication, no justice. To be a part of the work makes you see it’s not hopeless and lets you see the tangibles resulting from these actions.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You thought the FDMG scam got ugly.

Tariq like ‘hold my beer’.

tenor.gif

That's our number one problem

Everytime we fucking think about doing something

Before we doit

We gotta announce to the fucking world..

Before we actually even start it

And wonder why the demons slither out their crawlspace

To wrench our shit up..

We need our own venues

To discuss shit in private and announce shit

When it's completed

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Regardless of his beliefs, your good with a black man being called “crispy”?
EgCstreU8AAroka.jpg

I thought it meant ashy

Sheeet if I don't get to my shea butters or coconut oil after a swim....

I get extra crispy when I dry off.

Could be the chemicals in the pool tho

I shower up throw on some coconut oil

Pure radiance...glowing like Sirius C

Knigga

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The irony In this thread is the same people criticizing Tariq for "asking for shit where we get nothing in return " are the same ones who tell you to vote for the Democrats and don't dare as for anything for your vote. Just vote!
:roflmao:
There's an exception to that rule. I catch all kinds of hell for saying voting for presidents has been an exercise in futility for black people over the last 50 years. I maintain that my energy is best used learning how to survive under any administration instead of bending over for the dems every 4 years. Search my posts. You'll see, I'm a "fuck Trump and fuck Biden" kinda dude. Kamala Harris is a flat-backin' Frisco ho that has never done anything for black people.

Last edited:

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
There's an exception to that rule. I catch all kinds of hell for saying voting for presidents has been an exercise in futility for black people over the last 50 years. I maintain that my energy is best used learning how to survive under any administration instead of bending over for the dems ever 4 years. Search my posts. You'll see, I'm a "fuck Trump and fuck Biden" kinda dude. Kamala Harris is a flat-backin' Frisco ho that has never done anything for black people.
The collective leadership of Democrats and Republicans have long drank from the same liquor cabinet. One side is a terminal alcoholic though. The mistake of the citizenry has been to sit back, not take action and expect presidents to solve our problems and then get mad if they don't deliver.

A closed mouth doesn't get fed. Barrack Obama said at the outset that he wanted the American people to push him. He was not pushed, didn't do much of shit and then folks complained about his not doing much of shit. Or rather, a few like Tavis Smiley and Cornel West did challenge him, but were labeled rabble rousers, coons, etc- rather than people listening to the substance of what Tavis and Cornel were saying before passing judgment on them and condemning them.

I've felt for more than 20 years that America was closer to fascism than a lot of folks realized and my voting for Clinton, Gore, Obama and Biden was more a stopgap to slow that process, than it was believing these people were some sorts of civil rights activists or even civil rights advocates. Especially so, since Trump the wannabe white supremacist dictator who would have been further along than being a wannabe had he been elected to a second term. But now we are in a place where we are looking at the seeds of a fascist state rapidly growing and developing right before our eyes. Trump was the trigger.

The power has always been in the hands of the people. A collective of all right minded people is only thing that can save this democracy. But like you said we as Black people do need to focus on learning how to survive under any administration.

Or alternately look at how to get out this bitch entirely.

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The collective leadership of Democrats and Republicans have long drank from the same liquor cabinet. One side is a terminal alcoholic though. The mistake of the citizenry has been to sit back, not take action and expect presidents to solve our problems and then get mad if they don't deliver.

A closed mouth doesn't get fed. Barrack Obama said at the outset that he wanted the American people to push him. He was not pushed, didn't do much of shit and then folks complained about his not doing much of shit. Or rather, a few like Tavis Smiley and Cornel West did challenge him, but were labeled rabble rousers, coons, etc- rather than people listening to the substance of what Tavis and Cornel were saying before passing judgment on them and condemning them.

I've felt for more than 20 years that America was closer to fascism than a lot of folks realized and my voting for Clinton, Gore, Obama and Biden was more a stopgap to slow that process, than it was believing these people were some sorts of civil rights activists or even civil rights advocates. Especially so, since Trump the wannabe white supremacist dictator who would have been further along than being a wannabe had he been elected to a second term. But now we are in a place where we are looking at the seeds of a fascist state rapidly growing and developing right before our eyes. Trump was the trigger.

The power has always been in the hands of the people. A collective of all right minded people is only thing that can save this democracy. But like you said we as Black people do need to focus on learning how to survive under any administration.

Or alternately look at how to get out this bitch entirely.
I agree...Although I don't believe we can vote our problems away I acknowledge that I owe a debt to those that do show up at the polls and keep a fucked up situation from being even more fucked up.

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
I agree...Although I don't believe we can vote our problems away I acknowledge that I owe a debt to those that do show up at the polls and keep a fucked up situation from being even more fucked up.
I don’t believe we can vote em away either, especially when non-locally. Voting is just a small step in a larger process of what needs to happen and what we need to be doing.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

And to that State and Local has not been as futile and in many cases, those elections are the same time as Federal/Presidential.

If you sit out the Presidential are you also sitting out the state and local ? Many are

Without local voters who put Keith Ellison into office then Chavin doesn't even get tried much less convicted because the Minneapolis DA wasn't even going to charge.

State and local can put people that look like us and people whose agenda reflects ours into power to make changes

mayor chooses police chief

Police Chief sets policing policies

DA determines if and what charges are filed

The danger is apathy and that apathy is fostered by the narratives that voting doesn't make a difference and that they are all the same and then they point to shit to confirm that belief.

They don't make distinctions and they don't offer reforms in how we as a people vote.

IT is true that democrats take our votes for granted because they are incrementally better than the right but they can only do this because we allow them too.

We sat back and allowed Biden to be selected to represent us and to be the choice force fed to us and the told the lesser of two evils is the way to go.

And we had idiots tell us that any other candidate whose policies ould enhance us weren't good choices cause it isn't just for us. And there are unrealistic bars set t challenge the establishment pick of Biden. And now Biden is there and won't even speak of anything that might benefit us

And of course, they have already started with the Harris bullshit. She was a DA who did her job.. Now she is a powerless figurehead that can break tie votes....I'm willing to listen to her before deciding.Y'all ran to Biden because he said operations study might be possible and now he is maintaining Trump policies unless forced to change them...YOu forcing or sitting back saying I told you so.

You got black communities with white politicians, white DAs ,white Police .....Get the fuck off your asses

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
And to that State and Local has not been as futile and in many cases, those elections are the same time as Federal/Presidential.

If you sit out the Presidential are you also sitting out the state and local ? Many are

Without local voters who put Keith Ellison into office then Chavin doesn't even get tried much less convicted because the Minneapolis DA wasn't even going to charge.

State and local can put people that look like us and people whose agenda reflects ours into power to make changes

The danger is apathy and that apathy is fostered by the narratives that voting doesn't make a difference and that they are all the same and then they point to shit to confirm that belief.

They don't make distinctions and they don't offer reforms in how we as a people vote.

IT is true that democrats take our votes for granted because they are incrementally better than the right but they can only do this because we allow them too.

We sat back and allowed Biden to be selected to represent us and to be the choice force fed to us and the told the lesser of two evils is the way to go.

And we had idiots tell us that any other candidate whose policies ould enhance us weren't good choices cause it isn't just for us. And there are unrealistic bars set t challenge the establishment pick of Biden. And now Biden is there and won't even speak of anything that might benefit us

And of course, they have already started with the Harris bullshit. She was a DA who did her job.. Now she is a powerless figurehead that can break tie votes....I'm willing to listen to her before deciding.Y'all ran to Biden because he said operations study might be possible and now he is maintaining Trump policies unless forced to change them...YOu forcing or sitting back saying I told you so.

You got black communities with white politicians, white DAs ,white Police .....Get the fuck off your asses

Sounds about right. But local elections are largely relevant based on where you live. You have to live in a very specific demographic to effect change locally. A great place to be involved locally is my home town of Augusta, GA. There's enough black people there to wield real power but not enough to run the board. Every vote counts in that community. Now I live in a largely diverse county that happens to be among the richest in the nation. There's really nothing pressing on the ballot to show up for here. Police aren't corrupt. Black people live well. Crime is low. Taxes and services are fair. Water is clean. People get along. Progressives generally win but when conservatives win they bow to progressive demands. I'll get the same result whether I show up or not locally. What if I lived in rural Oklahoma and I wanted to make a difference locally as perhaps the only black person for hundreds of miles? Why the fuck am I wasting my time at the polls? I'd be better served trying to put myself in a position to qualify for a job that could get me out of that shithole.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sounds about right. But local elections are largely relevant based on where you live. You have to live in a very specific demographic to effect change locally. A great place to be involved locally is my home town of Augusta, GA. There's enough black people there to wield real power but not enough to run the board. Every vote counts in that community. Now I live in a largely diverse county that happens to be among the richest in the nation. There's really nothing pressing on the ballot to show up for here. Police aren't corrupt. Black people live well. Crime is low. Taxes and services are fair. Water is clean. People get along. Progressives generally win but when conservatives win they bow to progressive demands. I'll get the same result whether I show up or not locally. What if I lived in rural Oklahoma and I wanted to make a difference locally as perhaps the only black person for hundreds of miles? Why the fuck am I wasting my time at the polls? I'd be better served trying to put myself in a position to qualify for a job that could get me out of that shithole.

Well it would suck to be there but there may be someone running whose policies would benefit you and the messicans ,or crkkas in the same social or economic situation that would be of some benefit.

People make the mistake of being single issue or want everything....an example might be healthcare or school funding...

another mistake is when people say it couldn't get worse .. :lol:

BKF

Rising Star
Registered

tenor.gif

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Well it would suck to be there but there may be someone running whose policies would benefit you and the messicans ,or crkkas in the same social or economic situation that would be of some benefit.

People make the mistake of being single issue or want everything....an example might be healthcare or school funding...

another mistake is when people say it couldn't get worse .. :lol:
Ok, that's fair. I'd like to know how you personally assess the value of your political participation. For reference here's mine: What's the quality of life like in my community? How are minorities treated in my community? How are my tax dollars being spent? What does my representative advocate for in the state house/capital hill? How responsive are local services? How big is the socio economic gap in my community? Honestly these are the only things that concern me locally outside of my home. If the candidates are all on the same page with these issues and I agree with that page then why bother? I'll get the same result no matter who wins. Now I see your point about other people and what they may value but I honestly don't know a single soul in Northern, VA that I don't work with. And most of my coworkers live in other communities and commute. My girl lives in Raleigh. My best friends are in GA/TX. My family is in Augusta/Atlanta/New Orleans. I have zero connection to this community other than its where my job is. I follow GA politics closer than VA.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Why can't you do both? For the most part (especially off year elections) voting takes about as much times as stopping at a convenience store.

Last edited:

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Why can't you do both? For the most part (especially off year elections) voting takes about as much times as stopping at a convenient store.
Good question! I imagine liberals in deep red states show up at the polls for symbolic and philosophical reasons despite the fact that they know a win is impossible. (just like Cali conservatives) The inverse of that is not showing up because you don't think anything will change. Non participation is symbolic and philosophical as well. But I'm open to indulge my detractors. I'll be there bright and early at the mid-terms next year just to prove a point. Not a problem at all.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ok, that's fair. I'd like to know how you personally assess the value of your political participation. For reference here's mine: What's the quality of life like in my community? How are minorities treated in my community? How are my tax dollars being spent? What does my representative advocate for in the state house/capital hill? How responsive are local services? How big is the socio economic gap in my community? Honestly these are the only things that concern me locally outside of my home. If the candidates are all on the same page with these issues and I agree with that page then why bother? I'll get the same result no matter who wins. Now I see your point about other people and what they may value but I honestly don't know a single soul in Northern, VA that I don't work with. And most of my coworkers live in other communities and commute. My girl lives in Raleigh. My best friends are in GA/TX. My family is in Augusta/Atlanta/New Orleans. I have zero connection to this community other than its where my job is. I follow GA politics closer than VA.

How policing is done....is it more community style or is it occupying style

being stopped by police ie driving nice cars in nice areas because you are black.

How are changes filed when they are especially with the youth..ie are you taking kids home or are you putting them into the system and over charging

how are resources distributed.....The economics might be the same but if there are areas when minorities are more affluent are they receiving allocations as their white peers.

the same thing in the schools are minorities disciplined the same as whites for similar behavior

are minorities informed and pushed towards programs ie college classes during senior year

I also live in a good area now, but I do see more subtle shit.

and it isn't just voting it is sitting in council meetings and school board meetings.

not making the mistake that because it hasn't impacted you doesn't mean it doesn't affect you......this type of thinking it why mofokrs get wake up calls

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Good question! I imagine liberals in deep red states show up at the polls for symbolic and philosophical reasons despite the fact that they know a win is impossible. (just like Cali conservatives) The inverse of that is not showing up because you don't think anything will change. Non participation is symbolic and philosophical as well. But I'm open to indulge my detractors. I'll be there bright and early at the mid-terms next year just to prove a point. Not a problem at all.

is there a connection between that thinking and the weakening of a voice due to everyone thinking its futile ?

are there more "conservatives" who maybe socially liberal and fiscally conservative but are afraid to stand alone because their circle might be upset.

I always use AOC and her grassroots campaign of knocking on doors in historically right wing areas of her district and engaging them in conversations..and leaving after 30 minutes or so with their support and vote.....many people on the right are also uninformed and believe the disinformation that get but when allowed to actually hear a position do not disagree with it. Without the conversation they can only rely on Carlson and Hannity

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
All I see is old people talking bout voting for white Democrats and getting nothing in return. But giving $10 to Tariq Nasheed or HNIC is the end of the world. :lol:

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
How policing is done....is it more community style or is it occupying style

being stopped by police ie driving nice cars in nice areas because you are black.

How are changes filed when they are especially with the youth..ie are you taking kids home or are you putting them into the system and over charging

how are resources distributed.....The economics might be the same but if there are areas when minorities are more affluent are they receiving allocations as their white peers.

the same thing in the schools are minorities disciplined the same as whites for similar behavior

are minorities informed and pushed towards programs ie college classes during senior year

I also live in a good area now, but I do see more subtle shit.

and it isn't just voting it is sitting in council meetings and school board meetings.

not making the mistake that because it hasn't impacted you doesn't mean it doesn't affect you......this type of thinking it why mofokrs get wake up calls
Agreed. Outside of the issues I listed what else do you think I need to be watching as a 50 year old black man with no kids, renting alone in a stable community?

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
is there a connection between that thinking and the weakening of a voice due to everyone thinking its futile ?

are there more "conservatives" who maybe socially liberal and fiscally conservative but are afraid to stand alone because their circle might be upset.

I always use AOC and her grassroots campaign of knocking on doors in historically right wing areas of her district and engaging them in conversations..and leaving after 30 minutes or so with their support and vote.....many people on the right are also uninformed and believe the disinformation that get but when allowed to actually hear a position do not disagree with it. Without the conversation they can only rely on Carlson and Hannity
That's true for cult of personality. Sure I can see conservatives warming up to a young attractive Latina in their living room. Liking her does not necessarily translate to liking her policies.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
@Walter Panov you never answered my question Eric Holder, Obama, and John Lewis won't be in the museum. Are you gonna discourage Africans and Caribbeans from donating? Cuz some of them have already. :lol:

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That's true for cult of personality. Sure I can see conservatives warming up to a young attractive Latina in their living room. Liking her does not necessarily translate to liking her policies.

It does because they voted for her

Its like you think you don't like policy because you got disinformation...

Like people dont understand what defund the police mean. They were led to believe it means disband the police

Or not liking Obamacare but loving ACA

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
It does because they voted for her
I honestly think those people are a bit more savvy then people give them credit for. For the social lib/fiscal conservative choosing AOC is an easy choice. If her district were anything but true and closeted moderates it would not have stayed blue for as long as it has been. AOC didn't defeat a conservative dug in like a tic. Her district has been blue since I was in college. Not much of a heavy lift. All she had to do was convince her constituency that she could be more of what they already had.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I honestly think those people are a bit more savvy then people give them credit for. For the social lib/fiscal conservative choosing AOC is an easy choice. If her district were anything but true and closeted moderates it would not have stayed blue for as long as it has been. AOC didn't defeat a conservative dug in like a tic. Her district has been blue since I was in college. Not much of a heavy lift. All she had to do was convince her constituency that she could be more of what they already had.

Wrong,,,,,, that area is Archie bunker-like......but they don't have the numbers to turn it red.

what their numbers did was allow her to beat an entrenched long time democratic establishment incumbent

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Wrong,,,,,, that area is Archie bunker-like......but they don't have the numbers to turn it red.

what their numbers did was allow her to beat an entrenched long time democratic establishment incumbent
You sure about that??? Its lookin like DMV numbers to me!

YearOfficeResult
2000PresidentGore (D) 70 - 23%
2004PresidentKerry (D) 74 - 25%
2008PresidentObama (D) 78 - 21%
2012PresidentObama (D) 80 - 18%
2016PresidentClinton (D) 77 - 19%
2020PresidentBiden (D) 72 - 27%

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Veston have any of your patrons ever donated $5,000 to your board? They don't love you man. They want FREE porn and content, while you and your family pay the tab. :yes: Tariq Nasheed doesn't have that problem.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor

BGOL demobots want us to keep voting Democrat so this guy can get more hate crime protections from them.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You sure about that??? Its lookin like DMV numbers to me!

YearOfficeResult
2000PresidentGore (D) 70 - 23%
2004PresidentKerry (D) 74 - 25%
2008PresidentObama (D) 78 - 21%
2012PresidentObama (D) 80 - 18%
2016PresidentClinton (D) 77 - 19%
2020PresidentBiden (D) 72 - 27%
and during the primary because she was able to explain her positions she was able to poach votes from those who vote GOP always

those added numbers t go with progressives and some establishment democrats is what let her win the primary.

who ever won the primary would carry the general.

had she not be able to sway some of the Archie Bunkers the long serving democrat would hsv won the primary and stayed in office

People are scared of narratives they get..Socialismthey are trying to take your guns and your god yadda yadda yadda. when they are able to get past the narrative they sometimes can make better decision.

But most democrats know its a democratic district and don't even campaign in it cause they think its futile.

Just like nationally they only campaign in areas they think they can win.....They don't even attempt to flip shit

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I used to go to a church where the pastor bought two houses and another church off of the backs of its members. Now it wasn't from tithes and offerings that the church had given. The end of EVERY sermon was him telling the congregation that they need to give to these projects, let people give testimonies about how they took out payday loans or loans from their 401K to give to them. Now these buildings are owned by him and anyone that knows a little bit about real estate knows even shytty buildings can be worth more than when you bought it. And he is NOTORIOUS for kicking folks out of his church, so you've given to something that you have NO ties to any longer.