Update: Vice President Kamala Harris is now the Democratic presidential nominee

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
As you know @easy_b it’s not really south Florida including parts of Palm beach. It’s the other central and northern parts that keeps Florida a red state.

That’s going to be tough and Florida is kinda Trumps home state.

I pray it turns blue. I just don’t see it man.
Sir, I practically was raised in south Florida and I lived in Palm Beach before I moved to Atlanta. so as they used to say a couple years ago, do your research before you be hurt you see what I’m saying. And for the record people, I was born in Cordele Georgia, but moved down to Miami when I was one years old. My mom almost ran back to Georgia after the 1980s riot, but she stayed put in Miami. I lived in pork n beans from 1985 to 1992. After 1992 my mother got a house near Martin Luther King park on 32nd ave and 62nd St. When I graduated from high school I bounced around a little bit from Coconut Creek to Delray Beach (Palm Beach county city) and then I moved to Atlanta

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Dear @grok ,
"Why would the policies of a senator who is running for president be different than their policies when they were a senator?"

Answer:
When a senator runs for president, several factors can influence why their policies might differ from those they advocated for during their tenure in the Senate:

Broader Constituency: As a senator, one represents a specific state with its unique interests, demographics, and issues. Running for president, however, means appealing to a national audience with diverse needs and priorities. Policies might shift to address broader, national concerns or to appeal to a wider electorate.
Party Dynamics: Presidential candidates often need to align more closely with their party's mainstream or influential factions to secure nominations. This might require adopting positions that are more in line with the party's platform or the preferences of primary voters, which could differ from the senator's previous stances.
Campaign Promises: The nature of presidential campaigns often involves making bold promises or proposing new initiatives to differentiate oneself from competitors. These might not have been priorities during their senatorial term but become focal points during a presidential run.
Political Strategy: Candidates might adopt or emphasize different policies based on political strategy, current events, or shifts in public opinion. For instance, if a particular issue gains national traction, a candidate might adjust their policy to address this new concern.
Visibility and Accountability: Senators can often vote or act in ways that might not make national headlines, but presidential candidates are under much more scrutiny. This visibility might push them towards more centrist or popular positions to avoid alienating voters.
Future Governance: A senator thinking about future governance as president might propose policies that require executive action or national legislation, which might differ from the more localized or senatorial actions they could take or influence.
Personal Growth and Change: Over time, individuals' views can evolve due to new information, experiences, or shifts in personal belief. By the time they run for president, a senator might genuinely hold different views or priorities.
Electoral Strategy: To win a presidential election, candidates might need to build coalitions with groups they didn't necessarily focus on as senators. This could mean adopting policies that appeal to these new voter bases.
Criticism and Opposition: Running for president often involves facing criticism from opponents, which might prompt a candidate to refine or change their policy positions to counter these criticisms or to clarify misunderstandings.
Historical Precedents: There's a historical pattern where candidates shift positions. For instance, they might become more hawkish or dovish on foreign policy, or shift economic policies based on economic conditions or new economic theories.

From posts on X, there's a sentiment that when senators run for president, they might adjust their policies due to the broader scope of the presidency or to appeal to a national electorate, which sometimes requires them to move away from positions they held as senators representing a specific state. This shift can be seen as pragmatic, aiming to win over a diverse electorate, or as a genuine evolution of their political beliefs due to the change in their political role and responsibilities

Dr. Truth

QUACK!
BGOL Investor

Dude is not a cop. Where’s the partician in his car? Also the hat, you can’t wear that shit on duty. You sure as hell can’t sit there making TikTok’s on duty . The beard too. Also why would cops sit in rich white neighborhoods with no crime as opposed to high crime ones regardless of who lives there. Poor high crime areas will always have more patrol even in the crackhead white West Virginia trash towns

daTiger

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sir, I practically was raised in south Florida and I lived in Palm Beach before I moved to Atlanta. so as they used to say a couple years ago, do your research before you be hurt you see what I’m saying. And for the record people, I was born in Cordele Georgia, but moved down to Miami when I was one years old. My mom almost ran back to Georgia after the 1980s riot, but she stayed put in Miami. I lived in pork n beans from 1985 to 1992. After 1992 my mother got a house near Martin Luther King park on 32nd ave and 62nd St. When I graduated from high school I bounced around a little bit from Coconut Creek to Delray Beach (Palm Beach county city) and then I moved to AtlantaI
I can't imagine your nervous ass growing up in the pork n beans :giggle:

easy_b

BGOL Investor
I can't imagine your nervous ass growing up in the pork n beans :giggle:
Oh, I was not nervous. Trust me on that and I’m not going to go into further details or y’all may look at me differently. The only thing I’m going to tell you is wise up especially around my 12th grade year. if I didn’t take the right path during in 12th grade, I think I would not be talking to you guys right now that’s all going to speak about that. in layman terms, I didn’t give a fuck until 12th grade and that’s when I started giving a fuck

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
Live right now on Jermaine Dupri page

I didn't listen to his initial dumb ass comments so no need to listen to his dumb ass attempts at explaining said dumb ass comments.

im-good.gif

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yo if Kamala wins that inauguration will literally be the lost lit inauguration in history.

I might say fuck it and drive down there to experience it.
You should.
As someone that experienced the Obama inauguration, DC was lit the entire week.
Every club promoter in the city made some serious money.

The concert at the Lincoln memorial was epic! It was cold ass hell though.

If you do go, bundle up because it will be COLD!

easy_b

BGOL Investor
You should.

It may not be cold because of climate change it may be lukewarm

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
Okay this isn't a roasting session, this is a teaching session.

Without even watching I'm pretty sure this is what it looks like:

You should.

I'll bet, I fucked up missing that.

I'm embarrassed to say my attempts at celebrating our first black president ended with me in a strip club :smh: