Update: Vice President Kamala Harris is now the Democratic presidential nominee

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
By the way @DC_Dude props for the work you're putting in with this thread. :cheers:

I don't know how you do it.

Just keeping up with your posts is time consuming so I can only imagine the time it takes you to find and post this information.

NP....This stuff is so interesting man and plus I am on PTO this week so I am chilling lol

I think the twitter algorithms shows me certain information based on who I follow...lol

Shout Out to my boy Erik Barron representing the state of Maryland LOL
I second that. Keep it up DC Dude.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Main takeaways from the hearing today:

1. Jack smith wants to decide immunity one time so there’s only one interlocutory appeal - not several - so the case won’t have to go up and down to SCOTUS multiple times

2. DoJ confirmed the VP conspiracy is presumptively immune and plan to prove it ultimately isn’t immune

3. They can resolve immunity and the other motions concurrently

4. Judge Chutkan doesn’t agree with Judge Cannon’s dismissal of the Florida case

5. The DoJ does not want a “mini-trial” this round. They want to do it on paper

6. Judge Chutkan plans to issue a ruling later today

7. Team trump believes Thomas “instructed” them to ask for a dismissal on the grounds that special counsel was appointed and funded improperly

8. Judge Chutkan says she isn’t taking the timing of the election into consideration at all.

Thanks to @rparloff for live-tweeting the proceeding for all of us.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
These dumb mothafuckas still discussing debunked stories and low information talking points. They never talk about paid family leave, expanded medicare, student loan forgiveness, increased minimum wages etc. just the same tired old greatest hits of misinformation.

Hell they never talk about where’s Mel
Good.

If that debate doesn't go well the media will pounce on it since it will give them a bullshit story to hype and get ratings/clicks off if since they know Trump supporters will eat it up.

It's unfair but she damn near needs a perfect debate while he only has to show up and hurl insults.

I really do wish they'd seat E. Jean Carroll, Stormy Daniels, etc. front row without announcing it to rattle him.

Yep! Said this exact same thing weeks ago.

She has to be PERFECT and they Will still find issue.

Trump! Haha… Let’s just say it will be as if he’s not even there.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

KAMALA HARRIS CONFRONTED BY BLACK MAN AT BARBERSHOP: In an eyebrow-raising display of "connection,"
@VP
Kamala Harris
@KamalaHarris
recently attempted to host a barbershop conversation with Black men, only to be confronted for her noticeable lack of policies for Foundational Black Americans. When asked what concrete legislation or policies she would create specifically for Black Americans, Harris masterfully dodged the question, offering no clear answers. And of course, reparations—one of the hottest topics among Black Americans, especially in California—didn't even get a mention. Not a word about compensating the descendants of those who were enslaved, even as Black Californians are currently engaged in a battle for reparations. Ironically, it was Black Democrats (
@CABlackCaucus
) who helped shut down two key bills that could have pushed the conversation on reparations forward. So, it seems the barbershop, once known as a space for real talk, became just another stage for political tap dancing, leaving many wondering when (or if) Harris will ever show up for the specific issues impacting Black America.