Update: Vice President Kamala Harris is now the Democratic presidential nominee

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
Stone cold Republican out of Charleston SC

I’ve gotten an opportunity to get to know and chat with Rep. Bob Inglis over the years… we don’t always agree on every policy issue but he truly is a good and decent man.

In 2008, after @BarackObama won, I received a call from an unknown number. I answered and the voice on the other end said, “Jaime, this is Congressman Bob Inglis. I just wanted to call you and Jim [Clyburn] to congratulate you on Senator Obama’s victory. This is an important moment for the nation and I am sure it is for you personally.”

I don't give these Republicans endorsing Harris any credit.

What I take from it is they individually have realised or been informed that their particular voting base are either open to Harris or trending towards Harris which is encouraging and gives me hope that maybe his victory is becoming less and less likely.

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There's more talk about Diddy than Harris talk with Black Journalists(Eriq Lasalle's love child) today. Also there hasn't been any meaningful convo going through her policy proposals.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
There's more talk about Diddy than Harris talk with Black Journalists(Eriq Lasalle's love child) today. Also there hasn't been any meaningful convo going through her policy proposals.

Folks are having a hard time remembering the 3 branches of government. Of course they don’t care about policy.

If the 2017 tax cut is extended, it sends a clear message that none of these folks care about the real issues. The senator from Arizona let me know how bad the rot is.

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Folks are having a hard time remembering the 3 branches of government. Of course they don’t care about policy.

If the 2017 tax cut is extended, it sends a clear message that none of these folks care about the real issues. The senator from Arizona let me know how bad the rot is.
Also the damn Farm Bill will probably be kicked to next year as well. BTW Did the FAA bill get done?

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Someone help me understand the end game and how Trump and Vance strategy against immigrants, Haitians and others, helps them?

You gotta imagine in the Haitian community for example they haven’t gained votes they’ve lost and hell even motivated some that weren’t planning on voting to vote?

The vile immigrantion rhetoric only attracts the most vile folks and that’s already his base. Sure probably swing some independents in his direction. But I’m assuming, could be wrong, it’s swings just as many if not more to Harris.

So once more how does this help him win Florida(huge Haitian population) and some of those other states?

How does this possible help him?
It helps him in the Midwest esp in racist states like Pennsylvania.

Remember in PA you have Philly, Pittsburgh and then Alabama in the middle.....

Dr. Truth

QUACK!
BGOL Investor
It’s never enough for these crybaby ass niggas. Biden could give a trillion dollars to Black students and some pseudo intellectual clown nigga with a pod cast in his grandmothers tuff shed will do some bullshit breakdown about how it really doesn’t matter.

God damn bitch ass crab ass miserable bums. I can’t stand these morons. They all need to pack up and get the fuck out. If your life is miserable there isn’t anything that can save you fucks.

Supersav

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It’s never enough for these crybaby ass niggas. Biden could give a trillion dollars to Black students and some pseudo intellectual clown nigga with a pod cast in his grandmothers tuff shed will do some bullshit breakdown about how it really doesn’t matter.

God damn bitch ass crab ass miserable bums. I can’t stand these morons. They all need to pack up and get the fuck out. If your life is miserable there isn’t anything that can save you fucks.
He's a professor at an hbcu

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't give these Republicans endorsing Harris any credit.

What I take from it is they individually have realised or been informed that their particular voting base are either open to Harris or trending towards Harris which is encouraging and gives me hope that maybe his victory is becoming less and less likely.
True. But to be fair, this would be an incredibly positive outcome.

Consider that the primary obstacle(s) we have had to getting positive political action that reflects the people has been the warfare of bipartisan politics, specifically Republican obstructionism. Some of these GOP officials lending support to a Democrat candidate, even as a numbers game and for a self serving reason, would still reflect that they are amicable to occasionally falling out of lockstep if they can see a benefit to it.

I'm not saying that the system will absolutely change in any productive way, but seeing the handwriting on the wall is still better than acting like you don't see a wall at all.