Update: Vice President Kamala Harris is now the Democratic presidential nominee

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think it was a great coincidence. If Biden would have performed better at the first debate and not caught Covid, then we wouldn’t even have this thread.

Sometimes a great coincidence could look intentional, but I don’t think the Dems are that clever or calculated.

No way did they expect this support.

Agreed! Admittedly, Happenstance is part of the game.

On the surface and thus far it seems it’s made a huge difference.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member

His team is going to be working overtime to try and discredit her and they will find nothing of value. Joe and Hilary had strong political history and Trump was near their spaces in the 90s and 2000s. P

Kamala’s political history isn’t going to harm her. Her being a prosecutor isn’t enough to move a needle. Trump is going to try and bully and we will see it in real time.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was sure Trump would beat Biden...not so sure about Kamala...but what I am sure about is this notion that women are going to come out and vote for Kamala in droves over Trump is false...didn't happen last time and people are making the same mistake thinking all these feminist liberal women speak for conservative, mostly White women

I also don't think Trump is ever going to jail unless he does some new shit if he loses again
I can see your point but I’m going to tell you this. When they started bringing up how they was going after IVF and reproductive health, that’s a service where a lot of white woman across this country utilize.

I worked in that industry for several years and worked at probably the largest fertility practice in the world not just the USA and atleast 70% of the patients were white women. Any given day or weekend you seeing white woman coming in by the hundreds from all over the world.

That issue along may drive a lot of white women who are having problems having kids and etc.

Plus for the executives and investors in that industry, that’s BIG Business. Like the doctors I worked with MADE NBA Players Money let alone what the executives and investors are making.
Point being this is one of those industries that I believe is untouchable. Way too much money in it (plus it allows families to have kids that may not had the opportunity).

I tell anyone going to medical school, go into reproductive endocrinology because you will make a shit load of money. I worked with doctors that had their own wine vineyard, own planes, and houses in some of the most expensive areas in DC proper and Northern VA.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
Why would they be scared? They've already seen the Democrats kneecap their leadership over one bad performance. All they have to do is wait for her to screw up and she'll be gone too.

The only difference between a dog and a Democrat is that dogs are loyal
Being 81 and not knowing where you are is not “one bad performance”

This decline happened over years

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Kamala hired Barack's speech writer and speech coach.....
Has Obama endorsed her yet ?
GTLfmOlXIAA2sPD

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
I was sure Trump would beat Biden...not so sure about Kamala...but what I am sure about is this notion that women are going to come out and vote for Kamala in droves over Trump is false...didn't happen last time and people are making the same mistake thinking all these feminist liberal women speak for conservative, mostly White women

I also don't think Trump is ever going to jail unless he does some new shit if he loses again
Women WILL come out to vote to keep abortion legal. How do I know? They have been for over two years now. Consistently.

Even in deep red states.

Every time abortion is on the line, women show up.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Has Obama endorsed her yet ?
GTLfmOlXIAA2sPD
I Really don't think he needs to. People are waiting to see what he'll say and I think that attention will take the focus away from Harris.
If Obama opens his mouth, people will look at him as if he was a "kingmaker" or "queenmaker" in this case, and I don't think that is how Barack rolls.

After the convention, he'll be out there on the campaign trail supporting Harris and that's what counts.

Last edited:

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
Folks keep bringing up Hillary, so let's look at the numbers.

Trump won white women by 1-2%. MFKers make it seem like he got 75% of the women vote. And if just 1% of those women had voted for Hillary, she would have won.

Hillary won Black and Brown women. And there is a larger percentage of Black and Brown women today than there was in 2016.

20 million Boomers have died since 2016. And there are now 41 million Gen voters that weren't old enough to vote in 2016.

Shit is not the same as 2016.

Last edited:

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Folks keep bringing up Hillary, so let's look at the numbers.

Trump won white women by 1-2%. MFKers make it seem like he got 75% of the women vote. And if justy 1% of those women had voted for Hillary, she would have won.

Hillary won Black and Brown women. And there is a larger percentage of Black and Brown women today than there was in 2016.

20 million Boomers have died since 2016. And there are now 41 million Gen voters that weren't old enough to vote in 2016.

Shit is not the same as 2016.
I was thinking the same thing about the number of minorities now 8 years later.

I know by 2045 whites will be the minority so to your point there are more minorities able to vote compared to 2016

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
Just to show how things change, Obama won Florida and Ohio.

There is no one that would say Florida and Ohio will vote Dem because they did in 2012.

easy_b

Easy_b is in the place to be.
BGOL Investor
I was thinking the same thing about the number of minorities now 8 years later.

I know by 2045 whites will be the minority so to your point there are more minorities able to vote compared to 2016
I have a strong feeling that may happen before 2045. Covid I think moved up the schedule by five or 10 years.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
Being 81 and not knowing where you are is not “one bad performance”

This decline happened over years
I'll admit he's not the man he used to be.

But was the infrastructure bill a senior moment? Was his attempt to erase student debts a sign of dementia? How about his recent attempts at a national rent cap? Did our economy improve because of Biden or in spite of him?

Biden transitioned us out of a global pandemic, ended a 20 plus year war, and reversed most of Trump's stupid decisions, so why is everybody judging him over a bad debate and press conference? That's like benching Curry for missing a layup.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
You know “why now!”

The premise that he would have voted for Biden. But now he’s not voting because it Kamala is laughable.

Bunch of clowns that don’t even deserve the peanuts thrown at them in a gallery!
Clown shit. Dude needs to take his ass back to Canada with that nonsense.

Mufuckas all up in arms instead of backing the (Black) woman who Biden himself endorsed.

Real talk, I'd vote for anyone opposing Chump, regardless of how much I like them. I said before in the thread, that it's just as important to vote for the administration as it is the person at the top of the ticket.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
I'll admit he's not the man he used to be.

But was the infrastructure bill a senior moment? Was his attempt to erase student debts a sign of dementia? How about his recent attempts at a national rent cap? Did our economy improve because of Biden or in spite of him?

Biden transitioned us out of a global pandemic, ended a 20 plus year war, and reversed most of Trump's stupid decisions, so why is everybody judging him over a bad debate and press conference? That's like benching Curry for missing a layup.
No. It’s like not signing Klay to a new contract even though he helped you win a chip in the past.

Would it have made sense for the Dubs to sign Klay to a super max?