Vanessa Bryant slammed for not inviting Kobe's parents to his Hall of Fame ceremony

2missedcalls

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I don't think Kobe would have invited them either :dunno:
Neither do I.
i
tenor.gif

When Bryant’s parents attempted to sell off some memorabilia associated with the athlete in 2013, Bryant sued them . . . and won. His parents ended up issuing a public apology that read in part, “We apologize for any misunderstanding and unintended pain we have caused our son and appreciate the financial support he has provided over the years.”

Kobe Bryant and a company that was auctioning off the memorabilia reached a deal one week before the two sides were due to go to trial in New Jersey. The agreement allows the sale of six items, which Goldin Auctions president Ken Goldin told ESPN.com on Monday morning he is confident still can sell for more than $500,000 combined.

Included in the auction will be two of Bryant's high school uniforms and two rings celebrating the 2000 Lakers championship team that were gifted at the time to Bryant's parents. The ring gifted to his father, Joe, Goldin Auctions notes, comes in the same size as the ring presented to Kobe (11½).

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Neither do I.
i
tenor.gif

When Bryant’s parents attempted to sell off some memorabilia associated with the athlete in 2013, Bryant sued them . . . and won. His parents ended up issuing a public apology that read in part, “We apologize for any misunderstanding and unintended pain we have caused our son and appreciate the financial support he has provided over the years.”

Kobe Bryant and a company that was auctioning off the memorabilia reached a deal one week before the two sides were due to go to trial in New Jersey. The agreement allows the sale of six items, which Goldin Auctions president Ken Goldin told ESPN.com on Monday morning he is confident still can sell for more than $500,000 combined.

Included in the auction will be two of Bryant's high school uniforms and two rings celebrating the 2000 Lakers championship team that were gifted at the time to Bryant's parents. The ring gifted to his father, Joe, Goldin Auctions notes, comes in the same size as the ring presented to Kobe (11½).
Damn that's some foul shit for trying to sell his items. They seemed to not have needed the money since Kobe was giving them money.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
high school memorabilia >>> having a relationship with your parents, sisters, neices, nephews and Black family.

Kobe did what a lot of Black men on this website wish they could do, marry a white hispanic woman and cut off their Black family members while gaining mainstream white acceptance and living a wealthy lifestyle.

Kobe's fractured family relationship is on HIM not Vanessa. It was his responsibility as a man to get that right, not his bitch who cut her mama off as well. Kobe=coon, which is why he always been popular on this message board.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Kobe wouldn't have invited them either......and wouldnt have mentioned either of them as well.
And noone would have asked him about it or why.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not to derail

But Matt Barnes and his girlfriend need to lay low

Kwame bout to end his career

when he got to "Matt Barnes wife got mad at him for trying to be prettier than her, hogging all the mirror space tryin to put that activator in his hair"...
i fuckin lost it
:roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2:

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
question BGOL Laywers might know ...

one of the items was a ring he gave his parents ...

why cant they sell a ring tht was given to them...?

:puzzled:

Fright Night

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
when he got to "Matt Barnes wife got mad at him for trying to be prettier than her, hogging all the mirror space tryin to put that activator in his hair"...
i fuckin lost it
:roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2:

So many one liners!!
I ain't mad if somebody make it its own thread!!

Van Allen

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
why would she have had to invite them ?

why didn't the NBA invite them.?

AFter all his father is a former NBA player
She should have invited them...:idea: This is a good point.....BUT.... If she didn't want them there (which clearly she didn't) the NBA would not override her.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She should have invited them...:idea: This is a good point.....BUT.... If she didn't want them there (which clearly she didn't) the NBA would not override her.

I guess but I am sure she didn't approve each atendee.

They could have just not seated them near her.

I also don't know what his relationship was with them or if she didn't want them or assumed they would get their own invites.

I am sure that like most things the tickets she got were limited to a few like graduations or sports games.

Who_I_AM

BGOL Original Veteran /C.S.I.
BGOL Investor
She said in her speech that tickets to the Hall of Fame were offered AND she thanked Kobe's parents and sister

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Its the event coordinator's job to make seating charts and guest lists and so on. Its not the wife's job.
Granted, she may have requested that they not be invited, but we don't know.
Its possible that she is just upholding Kobe's wishes and keeping them at a distance from his reputation and career.
Many relatives of famous people try to sway the attention over to themselves for sympathy donations when they weren't cool with that person when they were alive.

mariano42

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ninjas got to mind their own business. Not everything is known to the public, there's definitely moreto it behind the curtains :smh:

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Kobe picked his wife, when he his parents tried to tell him years ago. Mexicans grifted 500+ million off Black excellence. Oh well, his Black parents should not have tried to sell his shit, though. Seems real petty to cut off your own mom.

Sad they never made up, but no way his wife will ever speak to them again, let alone pay for a HOF vacation package:lol: She got the money, public sentiment and the grandkids. Took the Black excellence and made a clothing company with two white women:smh:

That's what Kobe wanted, and its seems Black folks respect it:smh: We like being disrespected by our so called heroes.