What’s your policy as far as helping friends/family that are going thru a financial crisis and need you to loan them money?

Skydove

Rising Star
Registered
Why would you be friends or cool with someone if you didn’t trust them to pay you back? You would let someone you fuck with the long way go out bad if all they needed was a loan from you?

Stix-N-Stonz

Dirty Civilian
Platinum Member
Always make them sign a promissory note with clear terms, especially concerning when they plan to repay you. If they live in another state, you can use Docusign. Keep records of any transactions, be they screenshots of PayPal/Zelle/Cashapp payments, and any communications via text. Loaning money to people you love and trust has a big chance of going bad, because they tend to not want to pay you back because they think you won't do anything to them because you love them. I'm talking large loans here, small amounts like $20-$50, if they don't pay me back, they will probably dodge me, and that means I got them out of my life for a small fee.

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
In a way, lending money to friends and family is a litmus test of sorts that reveals one's character.
They will either:

1. Pay it back as promised
2. Struggle to pay
3. Don't care to pay

I've unfortunately been a victim of number 3 on several occasions, and it has forced me to look at these individuals differently.

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
Registered
I don't lend money to people at all. I pay my debts off. One thing you can say about me if I owe you I will pay you back and it won't be long before you get your money back. I just stopped using my debit card for purchases because I was advised not to. If I pay my shit off I expect anyone I lend money to, to pay their shit off. I don't play with my money. I wish I could go back in time and women that shit didn't work out with I wish I could get my money from them for wasting my time.

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
As long as you can afford to lose it, lend it. Doesn't mean you won't get it back, but you at least won't be in financial distress if they don't pay.
As long as you can afford to lose it, lend it. Doesn't mean you won't get it back, but you at least won't be in financial distress if they don't pay.
Always make them sign a promissory note with clear terms, especially concerning when they plan to repay you. If they live in another state, you can use Docusign. Keep records of any transactions, be they screenshots of PayPal/Zelle/Cashapp payments, and any communications via text. Loaning money to people you love and trust has a big chance of going bad, because they tend to not want to pay you back because they think you won't do anything to them because you love them. I'm talking large loans here, small amounts like $20-$50, if they don't pay me back, they will probably dodge me, and that means I got them out of my life for a small fee.
It's cool to loan, but be prepared to not get it back.
What is the limit on the amount you will lend?

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
“Neither a borrower nor a lender be, for loan oft loses both itself and friend, and borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.”

I will lend what I don't expect back from close family, maybe friends - but the main thing the character of the individual. If I know they just want to buy nonessential shit then, no. If they need it for a car repair or something, maybe. Totally depends on the character or the person.

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
In a way, lending money to friends and family is a litmus test of sorts that reveals one's character.
They will either:

2. Struggle to pay
3. Don't care to pay

I've unfortunately been a victim of number 3 on several occasions, and it has forced me to look at these individuals differently.
Agreed. And I've had #3 turn out to be a rough lesson and motivator to cut people off. I did once pull up to a friend's job to wait for him after work and make him take money out of an ATM. Playing games. Was dodging me and forced me to act. But he could be struggling in the worst of ways and I wouldn't lend him money again.

TheBigOne

Master Tittay Poster
Platinum Member
If I have it, I will give them the money. It's not a loan. If they want to pay it back, I will not accept it.

TEE HEE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Only would lend to someone I can really trust lending and has the means and solid reputation of handling their business/responsibilities in a timely manner.
images

Retarded_1

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I never LOAN money..
I would rather just gift the cash.
LOANING money to friends or family is a recipe for disaster.
Now if you pay me back without me asking (I will never ask) I will gift to you again if asked again.

Stix-N-Stonz

Dirty Civilian
Platinum Member
What is the limit on the amount you will lend?
The limit is what I can afford to lose. Me and my brothers, we have never had an issue with money. If they borrow from me and say they will have it back on a certain date, on that date they will hunt me down to pay me back. My little sister, when she attempts to pay me back I tell her to keep it and usually give her more than she asks for. But she rarely asks for anything. I have an aunt I grew up with and loved who asked for a couple grand for her mortgage and I didn't want her to lose her house. She tried to stiff me, talking about the things she did for me as a child. Yeah well, that promissory note and the Western Union transactions held up in court, it was cut and dry is all I'll say. I've had bum ass friends who welched on $20, I don't see them anymore and am glad to be rid of them. Had a girlfriend I loaned $1500 to for a truck. She tried to pay me back with pussy. Promissory note and the judge said otherwise. At this point I don't loan shit to anyone but my brothers and sister.

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Patreon Investor
It's cool to loan, but be prepared to not get it back.

They will either:

2. Struggle to pay
3. Don't care to pay

If they pay you back, cool. If they don't they'll never.ask again. Win win.

The bolded parts, I expect to be paid back but I'm prepared to not be paid back and I know if they don't I'll never have to worry about them asking again, also I have an excuse for when someone ask to borrow money..lol

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I’m the one that always has to save somebody.. just loan my cousin 300 on Friday… he gonna give me back 400 this week.. people always laugh that I’m cheap or the black Jew but whose the person they always got to call to bail them out, you guessed it…. I pretty much only lend out money to dudes. I know females usually try to get over on dudes that’s why I’m rough on them and never let them borrow shit.. as of right now a few dudes owe me several hundred to several thousand

big enos burrnet

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
$20 is all you get....i learned early on some folks not all is terrible with money even my own damm kids..loan them money and they
dont know you no damm more afterwards...not (I)....i got these m-f trained to not even look in my general direction or even try to
fix they lips to even attempt in they sleep to even ask me for anything over $20....

ANGRY MAN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don’t loan money out anymore, I’ve realized I live in a one income household. The people who have ask me is coming from a two income household.

I just scratch my head, like you don’t have no money in your savings account. Second, would be you don’t have a credit card to pull from. Third no personal line of credit to pull from. Last but least ask your bank for a personal loan. By this time they already hung the phone up on me!

Last edited:

Pimpslap407

Rising Star
Registered
For me, it’s simple if I have it, I will give it away and not expect anything in return. If you expect it back, that’s when problems may occur. i’ve been in the situation before, and typically they were asked for a certain amount depending on the amount I may supply it, but the majority of time I don’t give them the full amount. I give them something and tell them don’t worry about paying me back.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I DON'T DO IT ANYMORE AND I ASK MYSELF THESE TWO QUESTIONS AND IF THE ANSWERS NO THAN....I CAN'T HELP THEM.

1.IF YOU WERE IN TROUBLE WOULD THEY HELP YOU?NO? WELL DON'T HELP THEM

2.IS THIS PERSON GOOD WITH MONEY AND RESPONSIBLE FROM THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN????....NO WELL DON'T HELP THEM.

EASY DECISION CAUSE A MOTHERFUCKER WILL USE YOU AND TAKE THAT MONEY AND LOANED THEM AND TURN RIGHT AROUND AND BLOW IT CAUSE IT'S NOT THEIR MONEY.

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I used to give, but a few people took advantage
now i onlky give when they can meet me part way

you asking for 6k? you need to come up with at least 2.5
let me see how important it is to you

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor
I don’t loan money to friends. Took one time to learn. Cost 6K on an “investment” with a husband and wife’s business (yeah….) never got a dime back when the bottom dropped out.

Out of respect for our friendship I took the L and never fucked with them again.

This. Folks look at me funny when I say I don't loan money, especially to friends. It is the reason I've never had a falling out over money in friendships ever. I don't want have to chase down a low integrity mufucka. I will hammer a bama's kneecap if I think he is evading me. My friends all work and don't get into financial problems like that so I'm grateful.

YoungSinister

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I always give more than what they ask for and don’t expect it to be returned
But that’s when it comes to family

380snubnose

i posts nothing but dimes!!
BGOL Investor
I don't do loans to family or friends..if I'm gonna give it to u it's no strings attached..period .
An I'll only give what I can afford to give...
If u need 4 gs..an I have it but give u two...u can't complain u not paying it back ..

Cause I'll hate to have to split someone's wig for not paying shit back...this way keeps the peace