What Are the Strongest Cannabis Strains?

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

What Are the Strongest Cannabis Strains?
what-are-the-strongest-cannabis-strains.jpg

Updated 02/20/2018

Looking for a cannabis strain that will challenge your tolerance or stand up to stubborn medical symptoms? Readers ask us all the time which strains are the potent, and while that depends on a variety of factors from growing techniques to phenotypic variation, we’ve put together a list of strains that tend to deliver potent euphoric effects thanks to strong genetics and selective breeding.

While THC is the main driver of potency, it’s important to understand the important role terpenes play in enhancing and shaping the strain’s high. Terpenes like myrcene, linalool, and limonene refer to aromatic compounds that lend cannabis its unique array of smells, and a cannabis strain rich in both terpenes and THC often delivers a more remarkable experience than a product that lacks chemical diversity.

RELATED STORY
Terpenes: The Flavors of Cannabis Aromatherapy

A Selection of the Strongest Cannabis Strains
Below are the mean THC levels of a few cannabis strains featured in this list. Note that these represent their average potency across several testing labs; you’ll undoubtedly come across samples with higher or lower THC levels in your own strain exploration, but this gives you a baseline idea of how these strains compare.

Potency data derived from six of the largest testing labs in Washington State. Click to enlarge. (Elysse Feigenblatt/Leafly)
GSC (f.k.a. Girl Scout Cookies)

Find GSC Nearby

GSC (f.k.a Girl Scout Cookies) hauled its way up the ladder of fame in recent years, and it isn’t hard to see why. The genetics in this hybrid are strong, with a THC content that regularly tests above 20%. Expect a crushing wave of blissful euphoria that enshrouds both mind and body with warm relaxation for hours.

Leafly User Review:

“Incredible jelly foot. Very nice body pudding. Creativity mixed with amazing peaks of HD colors.” –herbknight

Kosher Kush

Find Kosher Kush Nearby
Kosher Kush first blessed the world with its presence in 2010 and has been nabbing Cannabis Cup awards ever since. Its genetic background may be a mystery, but this indica’s keepers at DNA Genetics have refined a champion strain that consistently breaches 20% THC. Wrapped in a thick blanket of crystalline resin, you’ll hardly need a closer look to see that this tranquilizing indica is not one for the novices.

Leafly User Review:

“I can’t feel my face… or my arms, or my feet, or anything for that matter. It’s as though I’m a weightless entity with a somewhat foggy-consciousness, floating on the patio.” –ricegrain

Ghost OG
Gok.png

Find Ghost OG Nearby
Hiding in a white cloak of crystal resin, Ghost OG is a strain that is bred for its high-octane euphoria. Said to be a cut off the original OG Kush, Ghost OG’s potency is toned by a symphony of terpenes that fuel this strain’s powerful THC engine. Find a comfy seat and prepare to be swept into a powerful, euphoric current perfect for relaxing.

Bruce Banner

BruceBanner_Terpenes.png

Find Bruce Banner Nearby
Bruce Banner, appropriately named after the Hulk’s alter ego, is a heavy-duty hybrid with a staggering THC content. Rated the strongest strain in 2014 by High Times following its victory in the 2013 Denver Cannabis Cup, Bruce Banner has since carved itself quite the reputation. Powered by OG Kush and Strawberry Diesel genetics, Bruce Banner delivers a dizzying punch of euphoria that anchors your body in deep relaxation.

Ghost Train Haze
GhostTrain_Terpenes.png

Find Ghost Train Haze Nearby
In the last few years, the Cannabis Cup leaderboards saw a new rising star: the lively and vigorous sativa known as Ghost Train Haze. Bred by Rare Dankness Seeds, Ghost Train Haze had the highest THC content of any 2011 Cannabis Cup submissions, weighing in at 25.5% THC. Inheriting genetics from Ghost OG and Neville’s Wreck, this sativa’s potency takes form in a jolt of euphoric energy that goes straight to the head, feeding focus and creativity.

Leafly User Review:

“My initial response was yelling. It’s almost unreasonably potent. Smooth and citrusy too, but potent. Did I mention it was potent? It was potent. A next-level sativa. Made me feel like a marijuana n00b up until now. CAREFUL, it’s potent.” –thepiginzen

Chemdawg
Cd.png

Find Chemdawg Nearby
Chemdawg is a classic strain whose unforgettable potency keeps a vice grip on its fan base. Ripe with the scent of acrid fuel, Chemdawg delivers an unforgettable flavor profile alongside its invigorating euphoria, inviting creativity alongside firm stress relief.

Leafly User Review:

“I feel like I’m in gravy and it’s a real good time.” –powwow31

GG4 (f.k.a. Gorilla Glue #4)
GG4_Terpenes.png

Find GG4 Nearby
GG4 (f.k.a. Gorilla Glue #4) is named for the stickiness of its resinous buds, and this hybrid certainly lives up to her name. It isn’t rare for GG4 to hit the mid- to upper-twenties in a potency analysis, and she’s got multiple Cannabis Cup awards to back that claim up. But we doubt you’ll need the proof when this hybrid’s got you gorilla-glued to the couch in stupefied contentment.

The White

Find The White Nearby
Named for the whiteout of crystal resin cloaking her buds, The White has become a godsend for breeders looking to improve the potency of their genetics. Routinely testing between 20-28% THC, The White delivers a disorienting blizzard of euphoric delirium that commands relaxation.

Death Star
DeathStar_Terpenes.png

Find Death Star Nearby
With a THC profile that typically dances between 20-24%, Death Star will surely wreak as much havoc as the Galactic Empire. Using its great psychoactive forces, this Sensi Star and Sour Dieselhybrid commands you to chill out as it imposes powerfully euphoric and sedating effects.

Leafly User Review:

“There’s no hiding the high with Death Star. We went Christmas tree shopping in the bitter cold. It took us about 45 minutes to pick out a tree…it ended up being the very first tree we saw. Then went to a bar and I confused a mirror for a window.” –hoobear

White Fire OG

Find White Fire OG Nearby
Born from The White and Fire OG, White Fire OG (also known as WiFi OG) is a force not to be trifled with. Testing data shows the impressive THC potential of this hybrid, with average levels falling between 22-29%. Its uplifting effects launch your mood into the clouds, an elevated feeling that will shake creativity and happiness wide awake.

Which other heavy-handed strains belong on this list? Tell us about them in the comments section!

BRUCE-BANNERCHEMDAWGDEATH-STARGG-4GHOST-OGGHOST-TRAIN-HAZEGSCKOSHER-KUSHSTRAINSTHCTHE-WHITEWHITE-FIRE-OG

Give Me 3ft.

The Supreme Being
Platinum Member
All that shit is old news!

Dosidos, which is a few years old,

Is strong af! Its cookiesXog.

Biscotti is fairly new and is

Gelato25XFlorida og. Its pretty strong.

blackmarket

Saving all my fucks for retirement
BGOL Investor
2h5r0wh.jpg

Strongest strain? Article is kinda misleading all strains vary in potency and %s, it depends on the grow/grower. A strain from one spot'll be above top shelf, the next spot that shit damn near reggie. And real strong shit be around 30% or higher.
They did pick some nice strains tho especially that Ghost Train Haze

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member
I don't know for sure man. I am experiencing a lot things with this new era of marijuana. Right now I'm higher than giraffe pussy on some Wedding Cake. It tastes great and it's a magical high. I only hit the vape two times. Decent drags. No iron lunging. That shit has me up. Best thing off all I don't even want to drink with this stuff. Or operate a vehicle or even the stove for that matter.

bUOC7.jpg

bU07w.jpg

What is Wedding Cake?

Wedding Cake, also known as Pink Cookies, is the familial genetic cross of Girl Scout Cookies and Cherry Pie. This delectable treat is rich with tangy sweet earth and pepper, taking notes and dimension from its OG and Durban Poison parentage. Enjoy this double dose of dense dankness with care, as certain farms have noted THC content upwards of 25% or greater.

Give Me 3ft.

The Supreme Being
Platinum Member
I don't know for sure man. I am experiencing a lot things with this new era of marijuana. Right now I'm higher than giraffe pussy on some Wedding Cake. It tastes great and it's a magical high. I only hit the vape two times. Decent drags. No iron lunging. That shit has me up. Best thing off all I don't even want to drink with this stuff. Or operate a vehicle or even the stove for that matter.

bUOC7.jpg

bU07w.jpg

What is Wedding Cake?

Wedding Cake, also known as Pink Cookies, is the familial genetic cross of Girl Scout Cookies and Cherry Pie. This delectable treat is rich with tangy sweet earth and pepper, taking notes and dimension from its OG and Durban Poison parentage. Enjoy this double dose of dense dankness with care, as certain farms have noted THC content upwards of 25% or greater.

This is birthday cake.

Wedding cake is something

Different. Its really triangle mints.

Its pretty good. This past weekend,

Had wedding cake some gelato 41(bacio),

And some zkittles.

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

bUOC7.jpg

bU07w.jpg

What is Wedding Cake?

I remember taking my first hit of Blue Dream shatter!! I never felt so good in my life.. I was sitting on the couch and I swear I was floating.. Enjoy that feeling..

Varis

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Eventually weed won't get a person high anymore then they will have to move to stronger drugs then higher doses of that drug then you die from an overdose.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
:cool:

bUOC7.jpg

bU07w.jpg

What is Wedding Cake?

Where might one get some?:hmm: Yknow for recreational purposes and shit:cool:

Op btw that first pic looks like a sea anemone. I’ll smoke his ass too

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Eventually weed won't get a person high anymore then they will have to move to stronger drugs then higher doses of that drug then you die from an overdose.

lol,

dude all you gotta do it take a day or two off, go sweat that shit out in gym or

hit the sauna, and then yo tolerance level would drop back down..

that the way to smoke... work out during the day, drink lots of water, come home take a shower, smoke up then get munch out... I would always keep some trail mix, brazil nuts, raisans, dried cherries, mangos, walnuts, some almond butter... on deck,

so I wont pig out on fucked up shit like potato chips, pizza anything you get at 7/11 type shit...

Im telling you working out then puffin is the only way to puff..

I used to smoke six to eight blunts a day.... now Im on my third year.. I think or fourth.. nah my third year without smokin...

so when I get back to it, Im gonna be floatin in space..

its good to take a break tho, to test your discipline, and proof you dont need no gotdam drug treatment center or therapy...

and Im surprised nobody mentioned the strain..

strawberry cough especially the sativa lovers...

cant wait to try that shit...

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

lol thats just retarded, but I bet someone tried some shit like this..

I forgot what rapper it was, but some rapper made a bet with someone that he could take a hit of some bud or wax and not be phased by it... I think the bet was for

a pound of weed..

anyway this west coast rapper, took a hit talkin mad shit too... and he just fell to the floor...muthafucka was out cold....

I dont know why I couldnt stop laughing... cant find the vid tho...

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
lol thats just retarded, but I bet someone tried some shit like this..

I forgot what rapper it was, but some rapper made a bet with someone that he could take a hit of some bud or wax and not be phased by it... I think the bet was for

a pound of weed..

anyway this west coast rapper, took a hit talkin mad shit too... and he just fell to the floor...

I dont know why I couldnt stop laughing... cant find the vid tho...

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I remember that.. It was wax.

DVS X

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Girl Scout Cookie is good, but its far from what a seasoned smoker would consider to be strong.

Nor is Deathstar.. But the real gem with Deathstar is the benefits if you do physical work/activities because it heightens your focus. Other strains that have the same effect are Pineapple Express and Jack Herrer strains. If you just sit around to zone out, its can be that type of high but you set so much more out of it if youre doing soemthing. So if youre casually shooting free throws or pool, working on a car, its the type of high that will put you in the 'zone'.

Last edited:

DVS X

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Thats something people who have never smoke weed before say....because i wouldve said that shit about 10 years ago because i simply didnt know any better than regurgitating what I heard from DARE programs in grade school.

It might take more hits if youre smoking the same strain all the time, but switching gives you a different kind of high and youre still going to get high even if you do stick to the same strain.

Other drugs give you a different high that a lot of people arent going to like. Weed isnt something you start with in the hopes of moving on to coke, crack or heroin . There isnt a 'graduation' for most people. People specifically smoke weed because they like those effects...if youre high, you can easily go out in public and act normal if you have to, and if youre stoned on a heavy indica then its easy to pick out your cheech and chong ass. If youre looking for harder drugs its because youre looking to either not deal with traumatic events from your real life or your goal from the start is to get yourself all fucked up in a completely different way than what weed would ever do for you...its not a gateway drug..people just start with it because its easy get. its just a plant for people who want an experience without losing their mind and can easily come back to reality.

Last edited:

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

bUOC7.jpg

bU07w.jpg

What is Wedding Cake?

what state are you in??

in nyc you need a medical card and they still dont have legal bud, but you can get with your doctor approved card

pills, vape oils, and edibles..

nyc used to be the leader in shit, but we fallen off to just followers..

I do give gov cuomo credit tho... he puts that do nothing faggot patakis governorship to shame....

Last edited:

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
sadly I'm going to have to cut waaaaaay back on my weed habit

what's new on the "passing a drug test" front