Who should play Sade Adu in the biopic....GO!!

ny1800

Rising Star
Registered
What’s so intriguing about her life story that she needs a biopic? I’m just asking. Janet, Whitney, Aretha, and other divas had real tragedies in their lives, which makes sense for a biopic, but Sade seems to have led a relatively quiet life.
They'll probably try to focus on the music and how it made people feel. She's one of few big time artists that has not went through hell fucking with the music industry. Good thing she was living and recording in the US otherwise it be different story fuckin with these devils.

An RnB Thug

El Capitan of The LOVE BOAT
Platinum Member
What’s so intriguing about her life story that she needs a biopic? I’m just asking. Janet, Whitney, Aretha, and other divas had real tragedies in their lives, which makes sense for a biopic, but Sade seems to have led a relatively quiet life.

Stunning statement if I must say
Wow

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
To make a good movie, it doesn't have to have bunch of dramas and tragedies, some movies are quiet meditations on life.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
As for the question, I'd select Yara Shahidi

ef825a49e8f3eceaa138da59aa92f9bb.jpg

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

They'll probably try to focus on the music and how it made people feel. She's one of few big time artists that has not went through hell fucking with the music industry. Good thing she was living and recording in the US otherwise it be different story fuckin with these devils.

To make a good movie, it doesn't have to have bunch of dramas and tragedies, some movies are quiet meditations on life.

Sade is good as being lowkey and the YEARS between record releases helps that. Her music is so chill thats she's not in your face even when she does release an album...And the media's (particularly the US tabloid media) never been all up her ass like with other popular artists who gin up the PR machine to keep their face in the public.

BUT that doesn't mean she's never had issues and problems both professional and/or private. There have been rumors and whispers of either drug or alcohol issues. going back to the 90s.

Hell right now she FLED Jamaica for some sort of DUI/alcohol vehicular issue...so she's WANTED in Jamaica and not in the good way...and she did that before with another country I think in Africa back in the 90s and that was drug related. (heroin :ssshhh:) I think she got busted for drug possession but managed to get out of the country before the arrest got serious. I tried googling it but it was 30, 35 years ago so nothing is popping for it. But I definitely remember reading it in the newspaper back then.

She's also been married at least twice and she's got a stepchild that's a transman now...

So Sade got some shit with her.... she's just been very good at flying under the radar... and because the long breaks between album releases and the fact that she's never expressed any controversial views or anything like that...people give her a pass by not paying attention to anything but the music.

I think ALOT of people will be surprised at the shit she's been thru and did if she allowed a biopic to do an HONEST take on her life so far..

Last edited:

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
idk. I agree that there's little drama/tragedy in her life. and drama/tragedy fills the seats.

top it off with she's not the kind of person I want to know anything about. she's just chill.

An RnB Thug

Platinum Member
idk. I agree that there's little drama/tragedy in her life. and drama/tragedy fills the seats.

top it off with she's not the kind of person I want to know anything about. she's just chill.
How would you know that? Just because YOU or I haven't seen her name is the tabloids over the
years you assume she's had "little drama or tragedy"? LOL

presumptuous defined

She'a a recluse, that doesn't exempt her from personal, family and emotional issues
There's always been heroin rumors about her, but it's rumors.....
a biopic would offer more information about her just like they do about EVERYONE who makes one

FYI - ALL successful Black singers have had heavy trauma in my experience, that what makes them good singers.

giphy.webp

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
How would you know that? Just because YOU or I haven't seen her name is the tabloids over the
years you assume she's had "little drama or tragedy"? LOL

presumptuous defined

She'a a recluse, that doesn't exempt her from personal, family and emotional issues
There's always been heroin rumors about her, but it's rumors.....
a biopic would offer more information about her just like they do about EVERYONE who makes one

FYI - ALL successful Black singers have had heavy trauma in my experience, that what makes them good singers.

you don't know what you're talking about. ALL successful Black singers have had heavy drama. But then you say I'm presumptuous?

just because your high school sweetheart dumped you doesn't make it interesting. Everybody has experiences in their past. Here's a newsflash for you - 99% of them are boring.

and FY your I - I DO know because I know her band and other people who are privy to inside info.

so basically shut your fucking mouth because you know less than zero

An RnB Thug

Platinum Member
you don't know what you're talking about. ALL successful Black singers have had heavy drama. But then you say I'm presumptuous?

just because your high school sweetheart dumped you doesn't make it interesting. Everybody has experiences in their past. Here's a newsflash for you - 99% of them are boring.

and FY your I - I DO know because I know her band and other people who are privy to inside info.

so basically shut your fucking mouth because you know less than zero
Lol stfu
You don't know shit

Trauma is SUBJECTIVE you idiot.
She's absolutely been through shit you dumbass. Who the fuck you know from her band? I'll wait dummy. NAME THE DUDE!!!

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
After the latter release in 1992, it seems the group was on a break. During this time, its instrumentalist members – guitarist and saxophonist Stuart Matthewman, bassist Paul Denman, and keyboardist Andrew Hale – formed a band named Sweetback and released a self-titled album in 1996. As for Adu, she gave birth to her son in 1996 and moved temporarily to Jamaica where she was in a relationship with the reggae producer Bob Morgan. It was during this sabbatical on the island in March 1997 that the reclusive celebrity made local news, and not for the right reason.

LEGAL TROUBLES​

According to official police reports, Adu was driving in Montego Bay, travelling in the vicinity of Barnett Street and Howard Cooke Boulevard, when she was signalled to stop by a police officer. The report continued that she ignored the order and was chased by another police officer. The policeman then caught up with her along the Gloucester Avenue hotel strip and she was taken to the Summit Police Station where she reportedly let loose several expletives. She was then arrested and charged with dangerous driving, disobeying a police signal, and disorderly conduct. She was then given bail of her own surety. On March 10, 1997, the singer showed up in court where she was represented by the attorney-at-law Victor Robinson. Adu pleaded not guilty and was to return to court June 25, 1997. Still, according to Adu in a 2000 Times Magazine article: “It wasn’t really a traffic incident, to be honest. It got blown into some incredible farcical event.” The singer accused the Jamaican policeman of impropriety.

The case got complicated after Adu’s first time in court. After the June hearing did not get underway, the case was delayed for a second time because of Adu’s absence for which a warrant was issued for her arrest. The reason given for her absence was that her child was bitten by a dog and her child could not travel in that condition. A few months later, the case was delayed for the third time. On October 15, the case was delayed again because the investigating officer, Special Constable Palmer, failed to appear in court because he was on vacation leave. This time, Adu was in court and she told the court that she had a recording contract to honour and requested a new convenient date be set for trial. The trial date was set for February 1998 but that was again delayed. Another date was set in April, but Adu never showed up. According to her attorney, she was unable to visit Jamaica because she had to honour certain contractual obligations abroad. When another trial date was set for May 6, Adu was still a no-show.

By June 1998, a fourth warrant was issued for Adu, as she failed to show up in court again. By this time, her attorney was Clive Mullings as her former attorney, Victor Robinson, sued her and her partner, Bob Morgan, for $100,000 that he said was owed to him. According to the aforementioned Times Magazine interview, Adu says she plans never to return to the island. By all accounts, she has never visited since.

this is the incident^^^ in the 90s I was referring to....ok...guess it wasnt drug based :dunno: :giggle: