Xbox Series X/S Microsoft - A New Dawn | Halo Studios

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
so which one is it...

they both gave skyrim 9's
I give Skyrim a 8. Oblivion was better. Skyrim was too damn easy after a short amount of time other than the giants knocking you into space. The combined score of everyone is what matters and with it being a mod heavy game its impossible to flop. Hell FF16 and God of War got better scores but no one gives a shit right now. That's why I prefer multiple folks reviewing it. Its just the inconsistency really.

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
Don't get me started on their perfect 10 games. Deathloop, GTA4, FF7 Remake, Elden Ring and Resident Evil 4 Remake. And I am a Resident Evil fanboy but come the fuck on.
ign is notorious for giving out inflated scores

gamespot is notorious for low balling

i thought deathloop was a 7 at best..

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
ign is notorious for giving out inflated scores

gamespot is notorious for low balling

i thought deathloop was a 7 at best..
Like I said inconsistent lol. I forgot which magazine used to do a panel of reviews. That was so much better to see all their thoughts.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They should've gave Skillup a code. Him and ACG are usually dead on with their reviews IMO.

They probably seen his tweets about AC games being too long, and the cluttered AC display tweets shit lol

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
They are a piece of shit overall but I like how Kotaku gives the pros and cons with no score and recommends it or not. We get too deep into scores and stable FPS because of Digital Foundry. I play Diablo 4 a lot on my Series S on a 4K tv and can't tell the difference.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
I mean like with one site with their different reviewers going back and forth. Not just adding up their scores. Shit was it Nintendo Power. Really can't remember.
I think game informer had a main review and then a few others on a panel on the last page of the review(back when people brought magazines lol)

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
I think game informer had a main review and then a few others on a panel on the last page of the review(back when people brought magazines lol)
That's right they did. But I never forgave them for giving Gears 1 and Resistance 1 the same score since they came out at the same time. Was such bullshit. Think it was a 9.5. But Sony needs to bring that game back.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
Side Note..... Highly recommend Red Dead Redemption 1 and F.E.A.R on Xbox Series X. Shits are like Brand New games ....

I have no idea how they are able to do this damn wizardry

I bought a copy of Red Dead Redemption 1 and made the mistake of playing it this week.

Let's just say all of the work I planned to do around the house while on vacation this week hasn't even been started yet :o

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
They are a piece of shit overall but I like how Kotaku gives the pros and cons with no score and recommends it or not. We get too deep into scores and stable FPS because of Digital Foundry. I play Diablo 4 a lot on my Series S on a 4K tv and can't tell the difference.
I don't mind performance being important to people, what I really hate is all these click bait/rage bait fanboy reviewers that dominate YouTube, It's tuned everyone online into a douchebag obsessed with console wars over companies who don't give a single fuck about you and would sell your favorite franchise or studio down the river if it meant making a buck.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
That's right they did. But I never forgave them for giving Gears 1 and Resistance 1 the same score since they came out at the same time. Was such bullshit. Think it was a 9.5. But Sony needs to bring that game back.
Damn resistance, That brings back some great memories. One of the first games I got into playing online, Sony definitely needs to bring it back but stick to the roots of part one, they got to fancy with the sequels Imo.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
I don't mind performance being important to people, what I really hate is all these click bait/rage bait fanboy reviewers that dominate YouTube, It's tuned everyone online into a douchebag obsessed with console wars over companies who don't give a single fuck about you and would sell your favorite franchise or studio down the river if it meant making a buck.
Right. That's why I couldn't do a gaming Twitter anymore. It's like we aren't enjoying and debating about games. We are arguing about the frames dropping for a millisecond. 99% of gamers don't give a shit.

bham_brotha

Rising Star
Registered
There are people on twitch playing Starfield now. Most likely I'm gonna sell my code from AMD lol. I thought about at least giving it a shot but there's just nothing in there for me.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
There are people on twitch playing Starfield now. Most likely I'm gonna sell my code from AMD lol. I thought about at least giving it a shot but there's just nothing in there for me.
Are you a fan of fallout or Skyrim? If you didn't like those I'd doubt you like this, If you haven't played I would say they're not the type of game that you could get a great idea of how fun they are from watching someone else play.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
Are you a fan of fallout or Skyrim? If you didn't like those I'd doubt you like this, If you haven't played I would say they're not the type of game that you could get a great idea of how fun they are from watching someone else play.
I agree with this. So much random shit happens that your adventure really is your own. In Fallout 4 I spent weeks just building settlements while someone else finished the story like 3 times. I was only in the first half of the game.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
I don't know what it was at launch.... but man it's a 9 now.

What a comeback...
I hated the excuse that it wasn't built for last gen. There was literally a Cyberpunk XBox One that could not play it. They probably realized halfway through that they should do next gen only but it was too late.