Xbox Series X/S Microsoft - A New Dawn | Halo Studios

doggface

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Everyone talks about the inventory as the biggest issue, which could be better, but it's not my major gripe with Starfield so far.

The leveling system kind of fucking sucks. I do get that this isn't a game where you would max out ever skill category, but instead pick a lane and focus on it. However, there are what feels like necessary game mechanics in each group locked behind skills.

Then you have to do challenges before you can use a skill point to upgrade the skill. I think it would have been better if skills would upgrade only by completing the challenges. Having to do challenges and use a skill point seems like it was designed to prolong the game, but this game is so big with so much to do that seems unneeded.

Anyway, this is mostly a rant because I was gifted a ship and will need to level up 2 more times and complete 2 sets of challenges before I can take it out. :angry:

NightMare Paint

Not A Horse
BGOL Investor
Everyone talks about the inventory as the biggest issue, which could be better, but it's not my major gripe with Starfield so far.

The leveling system kind of fucking sucks. I do get that this isn't a game where you would max out ever skill category, but instead pick a lane and focus on it. However, there are what feels like necessary game mechanics in each group locked behind skills.

Then you have to do challenges before you can use a skill point to upgrade the skill. I think it would have been better if skills would upgrade only by completing the challenges. Having to do challenges and use a skill point seems like it was designed to prolong the game, but this game is so big with so much to do that seems unneeded.

Anyway, this is mostly a rant because I was gifted a ship and will need to level up 2 more times and complete 2 sets of challenges before I can take it out. :angry:
The leveling is torturous. It's unnecessary padding in a game that's already a little bloated.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

Completely agree and I know the ship you were talking about…

I’ve got a tip for this one… go to new Atlantis and the UC vanguard location… get into the pilot simulator…
Go to settings turn it to very easy and beat the 5 round sim a couple times… it’s about 10 ships during those 5 rounds and they count toward the total amount of ships you need to rank up